jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Did they let people know when they sign up that there could be a fuel charge? Or post it on the website? Most boats will let you know. But if they don't that is not right.
when going offshore' their always a chance of a surcharge if fuel price's reach 4 buck a gallon.

Upvote 0
Oct 17, 2007
southern cal
Name
mike
Boat
Triton
last minute $50 fuel sur-charge. Big surprise. Trip chartered months ago.
Im pretty sure the fuel surcharge is determined by the price of diesel at the time of the trip, no the price of diesel when you booked your charter months ago. That may explain the last minute charge...but damn, $50- sounds pretty high, how many days was that trip?

Upvote 0

finishright

May 17, 2008
Oceanside Ca.
Name
Mike Morris
Boat
prowler kayak
have fished with both for many years lots of fishing exp. on both sides you will hear good and bad remember it's fishing years ago did a 5 day on excel to quadalupe total was 35 yt for the boat I had 7 wasn't the boats fault or skipper or any body else just fishing so pick one roll the dice enjoy the time like it was said shogun vagabond or searcher better LR experience my choice is shogun look into that above all just have fun!

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Now that's customer service!
the queen went the extra mile's south' I told my friend to jump on the queen' but the sea adventure 80 was cheaper for the 2 day' so he went on it and spent 2 day fishing the pen's about 50 mile's south for 3 bft for the hole boat ' and the queen ended up with over 140 mixed fish.

Upvote 0

Blue Chummer

Apr 10, 2014
Name
Blue Chum
Boat
Hitchin' a Ride
I made a little virtual tour of the SA 80 at the last day at docks. Very wide boat. Fished it a couple times. Sits high on the water. But tons of storage. so/so bathrooms.

Upvote 0

JamesZ

• Jun 25, 2018
    Montana
    Name
    James Zachary
    Boat
    Kenner 23
    Top Gun 80
    A/C Staterooms 👍 Bob & Scotty are Fishy
    I SERIOUSLY miss Taft and McDaniels. Those where the days. BOTH boats are freakin AWESOME!! I've been on both countless times. From overnight to 8 days on the TG80. Helluva trip. I know this post is 10 years old. But people still wanna know. Oh!! One of the best lunch spreads I've EVER seen was on BOTH these boats. The TG was a little better then. You CAN'T go wrong with either even to this day. Old post. Still relevant question.

Upvote 0

Wandering Blues

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Oct 19, 2008
    The Land of Entrapment
    Name
    Curtis
    Boat
    A Pair of Simms G3 Waders
    Love Scott McDaniels, and his son, Mike, has become a helluva captain. They’re giving her a refresh at the moment. Can’t wait for my 4.5 day charter in October.

Upvote 0

marlindog

Jan 15, 2016
    Bay Area
    Name
    David
    Boat
    None
    Top Gun 80 is spectacular. Bob and Scott are legit.
    I have had a 5.5 day charter on that boat for a few years, and one coming up in September. Limited to 14. Unreal. Very comfortable boat and friendly crew. Love them.
    Bob Taft may be the best fisherman I have ever seen with a rod and live bait, Jesus Campanioni the only other I have seen in that league in 30 years + long range . In a scratch bite Bob will walk down, get hooked up pass the rod , hook another, and another and another etc. Less capable anglers stand near him and get limits.

Upvote 0

Lamarisa

Nov 1, 2018
    San diego
    Name
    Tony
    Boat
    La Marisa
    I have had a 5.5 day charter on that boat for a few years, and one coming up in September. Limited to 14. Unreal. Very comfortable boat and friendly crew. Love them.
    Bob Taft may be the best fisherman I have ever seen with a rod and live bait, Jesus Campanioni the only other I have seen in that league in 30 years + long range . In a scratch bite Bob will walk down, get hooked up pass the rod , hook another, and another and another etc. Less capable anglers stand near him and get limits.
    Let’s not idolize Bob Barker too much, I’ve seen him bleed.

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat

Old thread from the beginning

All long stellar history. Bob put my brother on a yellow over 40 at the rockpile

Jesus is one of the most naturally gifted fisherman that I have ever had the pleasure to learn from. Hope he's doing ok with a medical condition

Upvote 0

Latest posts