Top Gun 80 July 12-16. Crazyness

Sirgonzolot

Jan 17, 2021
Pa
Name
Stephen Gonzalez
Boat
Intrepid
Top Gun 80 Trip is over. Dre your the man. Helped me setup the right way brother and helped me get it done. The man is a fishing machine with a passion for perfection unlike any fisherman I have ever been on a trip with. There were many new friends met on this trip and everyone thad made this trip was prepared well and worked out the kinks along the way to get their own PBs. Hook size and hot bait were key. Listen to the skippers and the deckhands. Their advertisement for tomorrow is the fish you catch today.
I was not sure what to expect. I had all Accurate 2 speeds, rapture 2 speeds and a 20visx with 100spectra. It may suck to hear but you need strong rods, good knot tying skills, the correct hook size as well as the ability to choose a hot bait. Let me state this again. To get bit with the best frequency for a chance you have to get the best Bait you can. Also with the skills to fight and do the marathon running around the boat because you may see the guy next to you deck a 30lb but you can get bit from a 120 class as well. We lost fish for a multitude of reasons but these fish will find the weak link in your gear faster than you can get Fresh one out of your mouth! I lost my first fish first night on the flat fall. Big one. Reel from Charkbait had a mono top shot of 130. My whole top shot just popped at the connection. Not sure what happened but it was not my fault. Make sure your connections are done right, double checked even triple checked for nicks or any missed knots. Not really going to get into the seasoned long rod fisherman who know their shit with poppers and things to cast on foamers and breezers off the bow on the slide. The average person on these trips will not be doing this. We got one because they drop out very fast and you need to be very good with the long stick.
I have never in my life seen so many fish morning and evening churning the water like white water rapids 180 degrees to the boat and off into the horizon. It was amazing and the most beautiful thing iv seen in a long time. Fish from 10lb puddlers you cant catch to 150lbclass airing out and doing flips in the air. I caught 4 fish and lost 5. I got sick of not seeing the hot bait I wanted so I grabbed my 40rapture lx on custom 8 ft calstar graphiter H. This set they were catching 60-80s and I wanted to get bit so I sized down. Hooked a 120 class that took my ass for a ride around the boat more than 10 times for 4 hours. I could not get it to the boat and stayed at 100 ft. Skipper kept telling me how deep this sucker was. Julio showed me the finess of getting the last little bit of line to win this fight which was testing every dam thing I got rod line body and soul! Once I saw what was needed to be lucky enough to hook the fish right and bring in what most certainly would be a loss for anyone because the size of the fish and the gear, I was ready to get the last 50 ft. Bent over , rod under arm , leveraging as hard as I can with my 250 against his 120. Slight pressure of the thumb and never too much to get 4 inches in low gear. We got him. Could not have done it with out the 2 deckhands on the boat. Second night I hooked a large one again with Dre's help to rig my flat fall best. The visx 20 with 100 speck, no top shot anymore tied straight to 150 flouro with chafe guards on each end, got the fish in in 15-20mins. Tough fight but glad I had that setup ready to go cause it kicked the Tunas ass fast. 2 speed all the way is best. Some of the older single speed internationals are not best for this style of rail rod fishing. It will be very tough at best. So I ended up with one flat fall , one sinker rig and two live bait. More than 400 lbs of fish. Not too bad.

And then Olivias rod. It was very emotional for me. I tried to get one on the old reworked tuna stick. Had the new Accurate Dauntless 600 2speed with 80blue Momoi loaded to the gills. about 480yds I dont remember but had no top shot. Just 60flouro for the sinker rig. I used it every day and did my best for NADA. Just before sunset on our last day, beat and exhausted from the 24 hour a day fishing style and a bit fried I kept seeing 6 guys including Dre just keep hammering the rail with attempts at these awesome fish. I just kept pushing trying not to get frustrated with my lack of bites only hoping I could be my best when I had my chances. I began to break down my smallest rods. I had 8 setups and was on my 7th rod. It was Olivias Rod with the sinker rig. I was talking to a lady on the boat saying the captain said we are not catching, the boats next to us are catching them on the sinker rig. The guys were running the flatline like 6-10 people on the rail trying still as we went into the dark of night on this awesome trip. Feeling a bit like it was over I walked to her rod which still has not had contact with any fishy victims. As I grabbed the rod to break it down, I said just one more, maybe its kismet. Maybe some lightning in a bottle, maybe some luck you hope for when your at the rail when no one is hooking up. I said it out loud," maybe its kismet" so I walked to the bait tank. 3 of the most beautiful sardines with no rash! In my head I said YAAAAAS! I felt good ! scooped him up, hooked him gently, and went to the stern corner where I had attempted this style repeatedly. 6 oz and a owner 2/0 and a hot bait, I gently set it in the water, pullet the lever back with some thumb pressure ready to count out 32 seconds to get to 200 ft. It took 5 seconds and Holy shit did I get slammed. A run that took the jam-packed dauntless to 1/3 capacity, a run that took everyones ear cause there were no bites for several hours. We were On . Fight back the emotion, little tearie, switched back to lets get this on the deck. This fish in my mind which was for her, dam she should have been there with me was running through my head but it was time to get to work. Staring me in the face as this fish peeled of line was what I wrote on the base wrap when the rod was done. In loving memory. Double checked the drag cause it was such a long run, they helped me reset the drag and began to wench in the fish with this rig. I started gaining line, Dre asked was it a sinker rig, I said yeah and he grabbed his. As I was fighting Dre dropped in and was rewarded with one as well. The fish took me to the bow. Everything felt good. Back to the stern, back to the bow. Everything I learned from the ass beating on 40lb and a long rod was in my head as amo. This 6.5 ft seeker rod was not the same fight but the rail style with low speed and the slight finger on the spool to get those last inches was ready to be deployed. I had him at deep color. Putting the best bend in the rod I could, I put my best finess in and was not going to loose line like I did before by resting at the rail. I rest , he rests in my head so I was not going to stop to relax or get my breath. Scottie said your workin him, lets get him in the boat Gonzo. He went and go the gaff. I would not let him turn his head but did not pull so hard as to piss him off and cause another smoker of a run. I did not look over the rail to see the fish I kept at work. Both gaffs lowered in the water so I knew he was close. Saw him circle far away from the bow, I saw how close we were to completing what I had planned for several years. I moved the rod off the rail to under my arm and reeled down and reached down as he circled under the boat ready to grab the last little bit of line I needed to get him to gaff. as he circled away from the boat I reached out to keep the shortest distance of line to pull him to gaff. As he passed the 12 o'clock position to me circling counter clockwise to me I gave my last pull to get him to Capt Scottie, Taft above my head coaching, WE GOT HIM ! I was very emotional now. Kind of said what it meant with this rod and reel aloud as Capt Taft was looking down from the upper deck. I had to have a moment to my self, regrouped. Where was Dre? He was on the bow still on his. Got a water and then deckhands, with gaff in hand pulled Dre's fish over. The fish were twins. Met here on BD. Helped me alot. Hope we can go out again and slay some fish brother. I will be back more often.

line Class:
Be ready for 40lb fly line, 50 and 60lb. You need 80 for a droper loop, 60 for a droper is ok was well. Drags will be tested to the nth degree and you need to make sure reels are ready for the battle.

weights or lead:
6-10 oz for the sinker will work. Which to use depends on the current of the water. Slow drop to what depth the skipper says and a slow retrieve back is all you need. The bite will happen quick. If your line angles off too much get some more weight. When in doubt ask the deck hands. They will be there to kill your fish when you cant as well as give you the exact info you need.

Hooks:
There were many sizes I used. Small strong hooks no wire ones or 1x strong dont bring them. Ofset circle was best. Even the small J hooks worked well.

Flat falls:
I used full glow 300g rigged with a 14/0 owner circle and a or a large J hook. Less weight is fine but you just need to be able to get to the numbers called out by the skipper. Other bad ass flat fall lures and colors were singled out they all worked glow or not. Bring a few. The heavier ones are needed if the current is moving good cause you will scope out and not hit your numbers exactly. CHANGE THE ASSIST HOOKS ON STOCK LURES. HE HAD A BIG FISH STRAIGHTEN ONE OUT AND CAUSE SOME HEART ACHE THAT COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED. THOSE LURES ARE USED FOR DEEP COD AND ARE WORKING FOR BLUFIN, YOU NEED GREAT ASSIST HOOKS AND RIGGED THE BEST YOU CAN AFORD.

One of the most important things everyone, novice or seasonD fisherman, Mark your dam line with something sharpie or line counter line. 100, 200, 300, 400. I did not and had a hard time getting it right and struggled. I hurt my shoulder bad going too deep 700ft too many times not giving up to get a bite. I was working way harder than anyone for too long and it could be bypassed with some proactive planning. I did find a gentleman on the bow with the same reel I had a 20visx which is a Sweet reel. He counted his 300g down to 100ft for me. Then, I counted for 400, got in the zone and got bit first correct count. 16-18seconds 100lb spectra for 100ft. Dont be negligent and not think its necessary. For those fish and working as a team with the boat crew do it. Dont be the ass and not tip the boat either. There was a father and son that did not, cause I ask. Those guys forgo sleep and fight through exhaustion to get you on the fish and keep you in the right direction to get the memories and meat you paid for, its your job to listen and execute. Dont get pissed at the Capt or deckhands for telling you to get to the correct side of the boat. You will tangle other people inadvertently and be miserable when you ruin other peoples experience with your negligence. Trying to start a fight with a Capt because your not listening for your best results is just stupid. And yes this kids dad was an ass for a confrontation with Taft. Who just said what an ass and walked away. He is Dry, straight forward and a Skipper who knows his shit. Stupidest thing I have seen in a while. Taft was mad cause you were screwing up everyones experience with your mile of blue spectra going around the boat like a meandering river in Africa !

To all you other guys on the boat from here at BD. You rock. You guys from Vegas. High Five Brothers. You did what was needed for the night fall and got yours. Its not easy at all to hook these fish, its not easy to fight these fish. We all helped each other and had a great time even though I have to say, some of us were done before the last Hurrah! The last bite on the flat fall we asked for, to try and get limits very easily could have been achieved but we were beat and full or great memories, some were beat with the agony of defeat from loosing the PB once or twice. Not everyone wanted the big one , and not everyone who did got one. You have to put in the rail time like those boys from Vegas who set the example for me to push, push through no sleep. Push through wanting to give up cause the big one popped off, push because your not getting bit. Made some great friends.

THIS IS FOR EVERYONE TO KNOW! JIM ZENOVIC IS THE MAN WHO WON THE JACKPOT AND DID NOT RECEIVE THE ACCOLADES OR THE CASH ! THIS MAN FISHED HARD AND LOST MANY FISH. MADE THE ADJUSTMENTS AND GOT THE JOB DONE ! THE GUY WITH THE BLOND HAIR BY NO MEANS STOLE THE JACKPOT. WHEN WE GOT TO THE DOCK, THEY GOT SOMETHING TO EAT REAL QUICK AND WALKED AWAY. WE GOT THE FISH OF THE BOAT, SET THEM OUT FOR EVERYONES PILE. CAPT CALLED OUT PEOPLE FOR JACKPOT TO BRING THEIR BEST FORWARD. OUNCES POEPLE ! 5 FISH KNOCKED OUT 4OUNCES AT A TIME. HIS FISH WAS 4 LBS HEAVIER BUT WAS NOT SCALED AT THE RIGHT TIME. LESSON, STAY IN THE GAME, PAY ATTENTION AND MAKE NEEDED ADJUSTMENTS AND NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP ON THE DREAM TRIP. THANKS BD MEMBERS FOR THE ECOURAGENENT AND TACKLE HELP. I HOPE THIS HELPS. STEVE WENG, WE WILL BE GOING FISHING NEXT YEAR BROTHER FOR SURE BROTHER. TELL TANI THANKS FOR THE GOOD WORK ON THE REELS.
In Loving memory Olivia Maria Gonzalez. So fucking wish you were there.

tempImagefZiWzd.png

Last edited:

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    Brother.... that was one hell of a post. Great story.... and pretty good writing as well. Happiness is evident in that picture for sure 👍.

Lots of pertinent information for those going soooon. All good stuff. Shout outs to your BD Brothers also a good thing. Happy for you.... although it wasn't easy peasy....lol. Fantastic job!

Upvote 0

MNFLSDLV

Mar 17, 2021
    Las Vegas
    Name
    Buddy Karas
    Boat
    Pinnacle and Long range
    As one of the Vegas guys, I say thank you. It was neat to be a part of the tribute to Olivia. Your write up is spot on!

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 5.43.00 PM.png

Sirgonzolot
    Sirgonzolot
    Haha! We spent alot of hours preping for that second night bite brother but you, You were on a mission and then boom, way stoked , fish on deck just like you planned flat fall night bite! Glad we met , your great peeps brother. Enjoy that Bluefin cause man it is Amazeballs! Wish i would have taken a picture for you of the doubble blood hand smear to the face! I will remember that for ever bro!
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Mr. DRE

• Sep 23, 2019
    West Hills, CA
    Name
    Andre
    Boat
    Private
    😂. Been busy the last few days and off BD. Great write up. This was a fun trip with a great group. Only regret was that our casualty rate would be better. Thanks for the mention in the report and glad you had a great time.

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Top Gun 80 Trip is over. Dre your the man. Helped me setup the right way brother and helped me get it done. The man is a fishing machine with a passion for perfection unlike any fisherman I have ever been on a trip with. There were many new friends met on this trip and everyone thad made this trip was prepared well and worked out the kinks along the way to get their own PBs. Hook size and hot bait were key. Listen to the skippers and the deckhands. Their advertisement for tomorrow is the fish you catch today.
    I was not sure what to expect. I had all Accurate 2 speeds, rapture 2 speeds and a 20visx with 100spectra. It may suck to hear but you need strong rods, good knot tying skills, the correct hook size as well as the ability to choose a hot bait. Let me state this again. To get bit with the best frequency for a chance you have to get the best Bait you can. Also with the skills to fight and do the marathon running around the boat because you may see the guy next to you deck a 30lb but you can get bit from a 120 class as well. We lost fish for a multitude of reasons but these fish will find the weak link in your gear faster than you can get Fresh one out of your mouth! I lost my first fish first night on the flat fall. Big one. Reel from Charkbait had a mono top shot of 130. My whole top shot just popped at the connection. Not sure what happened but it was not my fault. Make sure your connections are done right, double checked even triple checked for nicks or any missed knots. Not really going to get into the seasoned long rod fisherman who know their shit with poppers and things to cast on foamers and breezers off the bow on the slide. The average person on these trips will not be doing this. We got one because they drop out very fast and you need to be very good with the long stick.
    I have never in my life seen so many fish morning and evening churning the water like white water rapids 180 degrees to the boat and off into the horizon. It was amazing and the most beautiful thing iv seen in a long time. Fish from 10lb puddlers you cant catch to 150lbclass airing out and doing flips in the air. I caught 4 fish and lost 5. I got sick of not seeing the hot bait I wanted so I grabbed my 40rapture lx on custom 8 ft calstar graphiter H. This set they were catching 60-80s and I wanted to get bit so I sized down. Hooked a 120 class that took my ass for a ride around the boat more than 10 times for 4 hours. I could not get it to the boat and stayed at 100 ft. Skipper kept telling me how deep this sucker was. Julio showed me the finess of getting the last little bit of line to win this fight which was testing every dam thing I got rod line body and soul! Once I saw what was needed to be lucky enough to hook the fish right and bring in what most certainly would be a loss for anyone because the size of the fish and the gear, I was ready to get the last 50 ft. Bent over , rod under arm , leveraging as hard as I can with my 250 against his 120. Slight pressure of the thumb and never too much to get 4 inches in low gear. We got him. Could not have done it with out the 2 deckhands on the boat. Second night I hooked a large one again with Dre's help to rig my flat fall best. The visx 20 with 100 speck, no top shot anymore tied straight to 150 flouro with chafe guards on each end, got the fish in in 15-20mins. Tough fight but glad I had that setup ready to go cause it kicked the Tunas ass fast. 2 speed all the way is best. Some of the older single speed internationals are not best for this style of rail rod fishing. It will be very tough at best. So I ended up with one flat fall , one sinker rig and two live bait. More than 400 lbs of fish. Not too bad.

And then Olivias rod. It was very emotional for me. I tried to get one on the old reworked tuna stick. Had the new Accurate Dauntless 600 2speed with 80blue Momoi loaded to the gills. about 480yds I dont remember but had no top shot. Just 60flouro for the sinker rig. I used it every day and did my best for NADA. Just before sunset on our last day, beat and exhausted from the 24 hour a day fishing style and a bit fried I kept seeing 6 guys including Dre just keep hammering the rail with attempts at these awesome fish. I just kept pushing trying not to get frustrated with my lack of bites only hoping I could be my best when I had my chances. I began to break down my smallest rods. I had 8 setups and was on my 7th rod. It was Olivias Rod with the sinker rig. I was talking to a lady on the boat saying the captain said we are not catching, the boats next to us are catching them on the sinker rig. The guys were running the flatline like 6-10 people on the rail trying still as we went into the dark of night on this awesome trip. Feeling a bit like it was over I walked to her rod which still has not had contact with any fishy victims. As I grabbed the rod to break it down, I said just one more, maybe its kismet. Maybe some lightning in a bottle, maybe some luck you hope for when your at the rail when no one is hooking up. I said it out loud," maybe its kismet" so I walked to the bait tank. 3 of the most beautiful sardines with no rash! In my head I said YAAAAAS! I felt good ! scooped him up, hooked him gently, and went to the stern corner where I had attempted this style repeatedly. 6 oz and a owner 2/0 and a hot bait, I gently set it in the water, pullet the lever back with some thumb pressure ready to count out 32 seconds to get to 200 ft. It took 5 seconds and Holy shit did I get slammed. A run that took the jam-packed dauntless to 1/3 capacity, a run that took everyones ear cause there were no bites for several hours. We were On . Fight back the emotion, little tearie, switched back to lets get this on the deck. This fish in my mind which was for her, dam she should have been there with me was running through my head but it was time to get to work. Staring me in the face as this fish peeled of line was what I wrote on the base wrap when the rod was done. In loving memory. Double checked the drag cause it was such a long run, they helped me reset the drag and began to wench in the fish with this rig. I started gaining line, Dre asked was it a sinker rig, I said yeah and he grabbed his. As I was fighting Dre dropped in and was rewarded with one as well. The fish took me to the bow. Everything felt good. Back to the stern, back to the bow. Everything I learned from the ass beating on 40lb and a long rod was in my head as amo. This 6.5 ft seeker rod was not the same fight but the rail style with low speed and the slight finger on the spool to get those last inches was ready to be deployed. I had him at deep color. Putting the best bend in the rod I could, I put my best finess in and was not going to loose line like I did before by resting at the rail. I rest , he rests in my head so I was not going to stop to relax or get my breath. Scottie said your workin him, lets get him in the boat Gonzo. He went and go the gaff. I would not let him turn his head but did not pull so hard as to piss him off and cause another smoker of a run. I did not look over the rail to see the fish I kept at work. Both gaffs lowered in the water so I knew he was close. Saw him circle far away from the bow, I saw how close we were to completing what I had planned for several years. I moved the rod off the rail to under my arm and reeled down and reached down as he circled under the boat ready to grab the last little bit of line I needed to get him to gaff. as he circled away from the boat I reached out to keep the shortest distance of line to pull him to gaff. As he passed the 12 o'clock position to me circling counter clockwise to me I gave my last pull to get him to Capt Scottie, Taft above my head coaching, WE GOT HIM ! I was very emotional now. Kind of said what it meant with this rod and reel aloud as Capt Taft was looking down from the upper deck. I had to have a moment to my self, regrouped. Where was Dre? He was on the bow still on his. Got a water and then deckhands, with gaff in hand pulled Dre's fish over. The fish were twins. Met here on BD. Helped me alot. Hope we can go out again and slay some fish brother. I will be back more often.

line Class:
    Be ready for 40lb fly line, 50 and 60lb. You need 80 for a droper loop, 60 for a droper is ok was well. Drags will be tested to the nth degree and you need to make sure reels are ready for the battle.

weights or lead:
    6-10 oz for the sinker will work. Which to use depends on the current of the water. Slow drop to what depth the skipper says and a slow retrieve back is all you need. The bite will happen quick. If your line angles off too much get some more weight. When in doubt ask the deck hands. They will be there to kill your fish when you cant as well as give you the exact info you need.

Hooks:
    There were many sizes I used. Small strong hooks no wire ones or 1x strong dont bring them. Ofset circle was best. Even the small J hooks worked well.

Flat falls:
    I used full glow 300g rigged with a 14/0 owner circle and a or a large J hook. Less weight is fine but you just need to be able to get to the numbers called out by the skipper. Other bad ass flat fall lures and colors were singled out they all worked glow or not. Bring a few. The heavier ones are needed if the current is moving good cause you will scope out and not hit your numbers exactly. CHANGE THE ASSIST HOOKS ON STOCK LURES. HE HAD A BIG FISH STRAIGHTEN ONE OUT AND CAUSE SOME HEART ACHE THAT COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED. THOSE LURES ARE USED FOR DEEP COD AND ARE WORKING FOR BLUFIN, YOU NEED GREAT ASSIST HOOKS AND RIGGED THE BEST YOU CAN AFORD.

One of the most important things everyone, novice or seasonD fisherman, Mark your dam line with something sharpie or line counter line. 100, 200, 300, 400. I did not and had a hard time getting it right and struggled. I hurt my shoulder bad going too deep 700ft too many times not giving up to get a bite. I was working way harder than anyone for too long and it could be bypassed with some proactive planning. I did find a gentleman on the bow with the same reel I had a 20visx which is a Sweet reel. He counted his 300g down to 100ft for me. Then, I counted for 400, got in the zone and got bit first correct count. 16-18seconds 100lb spectra for 100ft. Dont be negligent and not think its necessary. For those fish and working as a team with the boat crew do it. Dont be the ass and not tip the boat either. There was a father and son that did not, cause I ask. Those guys forgo sleep and fight through exhaustion to get you on the fish and keep you in the right direction to get the memories and meat you paid for, its your job to listen and execute. Dont get pissed at the Capt or deckhands for telling you to get to the correct side of the boat. You will tangle other people inadvertently and be miserable when you ruin other peoples experience with your negligence. Trying to start a fight with a Capt because your not listening for your best results is just stupid. And yes this kids dad was an ass for a confrontation with Taft. Who just said what an ass and walked away. He is Dry, straight forward and a Skipper who knows his shit. Stupidest thing I have seen in a while. Taft was mad cause you were screwing up everyones experience with your mile of blue spectra going around the boat like a meandering river in Africa !

To all you other guys on the boat from here at BD. You rock. You guys from Vegas. High Five Brothers. You did what was needed for the night fall and got yours. Its not easy at all to hook these fish, its not easy to fight these fish. We all helped each other and had a great time even though I have to say, some of us were done before the last Hurrah! The last bite on the flat fall we asked for, to try and get limits very easily could have been achieved but we were beat and full or great memories, some were beat with the agony of defeat from loosing the PB once or twice. Not everyone wanted the big one , and not everyone who did got one. You have to put in the rail time like those boys from Vegas who set the example for me to push, push through no sleep. Push through wanting to give up cause the big one popped off, push because your not getting bit. Made some great friends.

THIS IS FOR EVERYONE TO KNOW! JIM ZENOVIC IS THE MAN WHO WON THE JACKPOT AND DID NOT RECEIVE THE ACCOLADES OR THE CASH ! THIS MAN FISHED HARD AND LOST MANY FISH. MADE THE ADJUSTMENTS AND GOT THE JOB DONE ! THE GUY WITH THE BLOND HAIR BY NO MEANS STOLE THE JACKPOT. WHEN WE GOT TO THE DOCK, THEY GOT SOMETHING TO EAT REAL QUICK AND WALKED AWAY. WE GOT THE FISH OF THE BOAT, SET THEM OUT FOR EVERYONES PILE. CAPT CALLED OUT PEOPLE FOR JACKPOT TO BRING THEIR BEST FORWARD. OUNCES POEPLE ! 5 FISH KNOCKED OUT 4OUNCES AT A TIME. HIS FISH WAS 4 LBS HEAVIER BUT WAS NOT SCALED AT THE RIGHT TIME. LESSON, STAY IN THE GAME, PAY ATTENTION AND MAKE NEEDED ADJUSTMENTS AND NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP ON THE DREAM TRIP. THANKS BD MEMBERS FOR THE ECOURAGENENT AND TACKLE HELP. I HOPE THIS HELPS. STEVE WENG, WE WILL BE GOING FISHING NEXT YEAR BROTHER FOR SURE BROTHER. TELL TANI THANKS FOR THE GOOD WORK ON THE REELS.
    In Loving memory Olivia Maria Gonzalez. So fucking wish you were there.

View attachment 1300040
    Mr. Dre doesn't fish, All he does is Catch!! Take lessons from him and learn.

Reactions: Mr. DRE

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
    Mar 7, 2009
    Riverside
    gettingbentwithbo.com
    Name
    Bo
    Boat
    16' Starcraft SF SS
    Great write up and story! Felt like I was there. Thanks for sharing Stephen. That one was for Olivia for sure!

Reactions: Sirgonzolot
    Upvote 0

tunacrze

Fresh1
    Feb 25, 2007
    San Jose
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    18ft glaspar
    Gonzo great write up on our trip. The crew was awesome and we had a blast. Dre was a encyclopedia of knowledge and every one helped each other. The deckhands were on point and worked their asses off. Fishing was 24/7 and they were there all the time on very little rest. It was hands down the best BFT trip. Pablo and I would love to do a trip with you next year. Lets keep in touch.

Upvote 0

Mr. DRE

• Sep 23, 2019
    West Hills, CA
    Name
    Andre
    Boat
    Private
    Gonzo great write up on our trip. The crew was awesome and we had a blast. Dre was a encyclopedia of knowledge and every one helped each other. The deckhands were on point and worked their asses off. Fishing was 24/7 and they were there all the time on very little rest. It was hands down the best BFT trip. Pablo and I would love to do a trip with you next year. Lets keep in touch.
    Agreed ! It was a great trip and the crew worked their asses off. Despite some heartbreaking looses overall we worked pretty good as a team, well at least with the encouragement, coaching and the slew of bad words from Bob up at the wheelhouse. LOL I've done five trips with them this year and each one is better than the last. I have two left and I am sure they will get even better. Can't wait to book for next year.

Reactions: Capt Devo