fishfish

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jun 21, 2006
Santee
Name
Gerry
Boat
Sold and Gone!!!
Just returned today (6am) from a first time ride aboard Top Gun 80.....Great Tuna fishing !!! Great hook-bait Dines, super weather and extremely helpful crew. Food was awesome and bunks were cool and comfy. What worked was 40-50lb line/leaders with 2/0 - 4/0 live bait hooks AND blue/chrome going deep. I highly recommend this vessel , with a very knowledgable crew and determined, fishy skippers that will put you on fish come hell or high water! Captains go out of their way to make sure all passengers caught and faught their fair share of fish. I achieved my personal bests bluefin at 71 and 72 lbs. Big "Thanks" shout-out to the stellar crew of Sarah, Mike , Jimmy , Captains Scotty and Bob Taft .

20140721_065124.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OIF VET

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 26, 2010
North OC
Name
Brian
Boat
nope
Congrats on the trip and the new personal best. It is amazing to me that after all the bitches about the gun last year that a little good fishing makes it a great boat. There were a lot and I mean a lot of bitches about the Taft boats last year. Was it people bitching because the fishing sucked and were taking it out on the boats? Anyways it's amazing how all the ass hats have nothing to bitch about when the fish holds are full!

Upvote 0

fishfish

Jun 21, 2006
Santee
Name
Gerry
Boat
Sold and Gone!!!
Thanks guys....forgot to mention that those fish "kicked my ass" but I just loved every minute of it!

Upvote 0

fishfish

Jun 21, 2006
Santee
Name
Gerry
Boat
Sold and Gone!!!
Congrats on the trip and the new personal best. It is amazing to me that after all the bitches about the gun last year that a little good fishing makes it a great boat. There were a lot and I mean a lot of bitches about the Taft boats last year. Was it people bitching because the fishing sucked and were taking it out on the boats? Anyways it's amazing how all the ass hats have nothing to bitch about when the fish holds are full!
Didn't know the Top Gun 80 was in the "dog house" last year, but I for one just don't see it . They run a first-class, professional operation that was very customer/service oriented.

Upvote 0

fishfish

Jun 21, 2006
Santee
Name
Gerry
Boat
Sold and Gone!!!
Got 'em Tony!!! Barely , but got 'em!!! Thought I was gonna need an oxygen bottle after the first one.

Upvote 0

Wandering Blues

Oct 19, 2008
The Land of Entrapment
Name
Curtis
Boat
A Pair of Simms G3 Waders
Haha! One of my fly fishing buddies was on the trip- his 1st off shore experience. He talked off getting schooled on 40# gear and couldn't believe it happened. I told him that big BFT will make you their bitch on 40# if they feel like it. Those pics are the proof. Nice feesh!

Upvote 0

fishfish

Jun 21, 2006
Santee
Name
Gerry
Boat
Sold and Gone!!!
Haha! One of my fly fishing buddies was on the trip- his 1st off shore experience. He talked off getting schooled on 40# gear and couldn't believe it happened. I told him that big BFT will make you their bitch on 40# if they feel like it. Those pics are the proof. Nice feesh!
Yer right Bayer cuz on a 3rd , likely even larger grade B-fin I was gettin spooled with 80lb braid/50lb leader till I let Capt. Scotty take over and try to stop him but just couldn't do it!!! Luckily got my braid back and leader came back frayed up badly. Lost iron jig but frickin awesome and memorable experience! As Capt Scotty wisely put it "the fish have to win sometimes".

Upvote 0

Steve Francis

Sep 11, 2006
--
Name
StephenKatSea
Boat
.--.
I've known Bobby Taft for MANY years. I also knew his father, Spike. Bob does catch fish. He really works at it for his passengers and hires a quality crew.

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
Had to clean it up guys, sorry. PM me if you cant figure it out. Thanks.

BTW.....DAMN NICE TUNA! :appl:

Upvote 0

Robdawgie

Jul 17, 2014
Name
rob ri
Boat
red baron
Nicee bfts! I went out on top gun 80 end of may hopeing to bang some of them ended with some yt. Tg80 great crew,vessel,skippers all around topof the class act

Upvote 0

Paul Ward

Jul 17, 2007
Costa Mesa
Name
wooddog
Boat
Boaty
Yer right Bayer cuz on a 3rd , likely even larger grade B-fin I was gettin spooled with 80lb braid/50lb leader till I let Capt. Scotty take over and try to stop him but just couldn't do it!!! Luckily got my braid back and leader came back frayed up badly. Lost iron jig but frickin awesome and memorable experience! As Capt Scotty wisely put it "the fish have to win sometimes".
Yes, if you call it SPORT fishing the fish must win some

Upvote 0