Top Buck?

Discussion in 'Hunting Discussion' started by gatorfan, Sep 7, 2008.

1. gatorfan

gatorfan Chief

Name:
    Jim
    Boat:
    tube
    Anyone know who this guy is? I was talking to Sleuster yesterday and he told me about "Top Buck" leaving tree mail at the water troughs. Apparently this guy has pictures of someone ganking his tree stands in the area and he left a note telling them to have them back by yesterday or it was going to start getting real expensive for the perpetrator. My buddy just called and confirmed that the notes are there and that someone also tore all the plumbing out of the troughs. If anyone knows this guy, tell him to post his pictures up. Maybe this could turn out to be one of those deals where we all find all of our stolen tree stands at the same house.

No action for me yesterday. Lots and lots of sign and only got stepped on twice.

2. Shocktower

Shocktower Co Pirate

Name:
    Tom
    Boat:
    18` clackacraft Clackmax
    Get the rope ,I hate theifs :fighting0061::fighting0061::fighting0061::fighting0061::fighting0061:

3. One Track

One Track Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Brent
    Boat:
    Blood
    I agree. You'd think that if this thief was a hunter, the stands would show up on a tree somewhere. Also, I haven't seen any stands for sale on Craiglist, or other websites. So, what's his motive? It's either an anti or a psychopath.

4. Sluester

Sluester I kill stuff

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Killin time, Bill Collector
    Nice to meet you Gator!
    We had you, Fresh One, OneTrack, Tree and Mike H. in the site at one time or another. Mergrath was there but we weren't. Nice hunting, trading stories and bsing with you guys. We should reserve a few sites and have a BD archery killing weekend up there before it gets too cold.

This Top Buck guy is pissed! Can't blame him, I've been hit but didn't have my stuff locked down.
    If it was a hunter why wouldn't he leave the cables/locks right where he cut them? Why take them? He had his ladder and his stand locked to the tree.
    He never took them down after the season. I don't think he had a camera set up. If it was me and I had the camera I'd be posting in on EVERY hunting website. I think is was someone else besides a hunter.

BTW there is no H2O in those troughs anymore. Bone dry and capped off. Maybe they are worried about West Nile?

5. gatorfan

gatorfan Chief

Name:
    Jim
    Boat:
    tube
    "BTW there is no H2O in those troughs anymore. Bone dry and capped off. Maybe they are worried about West Nile?"

Good to finally meet you also. I'm down for getting a spot but my weekends are tied up until the end of soccer and winterball baseball. That probably coincides with closing of the campgrounds with my luck.

I was thinking that it was Top Buck getting his revenge on the thief. If he can't hunt the water, nobody can..... My buddy was just up there 2-3 weeks ago and checked the water and it was still there so this is a recent change.

6. fish doctor

fish doctor Newbie

Name:
    jim
    Boat:
    Sea ray signature 200
    bet it turns out to be a animal lover

7. Vermonster

Vermonster Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Sean
    Boat:
    I'm a Ho'.....
    Jim, did you sit anywhere near where you had me Turkey hunting?

I'll be heading out next Wednesday. Working 7 or the next 8 days, including straight through the weekend......

8. mtnhotstik

mtnhotstik Newbie

Name:
    Brad
    Boat:
    21' Sea Ray
    Damn Thieves
    Probably the same guy that stole my scouting camera. Lucky for me I tracked him out, caught up with him and retrieved my camera from his backpack. Pretty ballsy stealing from men that are carrying modern bows and firearms! And he was a "hunter"

9. willit float

willit float Member

Name:
    Em
    Boat:
    20' Livesay Offshore Utility
    What's this.. what general area.. not specific just general. People stealing other stands etc.. BLM land or NF.
    I have heard that rangers would take down tree stands... and have had mine tampered with.. just figured it was anti's in the area.
    Funny story some years back I was hunting in a tree stand and an anti hunter pulled up close to my truck.. sat there blowing the horn and yelling stuff.. They kicked a nice buck right to me and I nailed him.. Wish I could thank that idiot...!

10. Fresh One

Fresh One Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Brent
    Boat:
    none
    Its an anti. I'll bet money on it. Probably a old lady hippie chick is my bet.

11. Skip Jackson

Skip Jackson Recovering LandLubber

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    31' Aiwych
    Might be the old lady I saw hiking down to an area that takes effort to get to with paints and an easel during turkey season, or the 2 chickies that went down the hill in the same area and got scared out by some cattle........funny as hell!

12. Sluester

Sluester I kill stuff

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Killin time, Bill Collector

Did you kick his ass?

Half the guys up there don't know WTF they are doing.