Top 3 fishing locations for Baja Fall fishing trip

glacierboat

Sep 5, 2019
anacortes
Name
John Ryan
Boat
Glacier Bay
I have one set of friends headed down on a sailboat from San Diego and another couple coming down from El Centro with an Airstream. We will meet up in La Paz. Wondering what you all recommend as the top 2 or 3 locations to hit in the road trip down where we could charter for 2 days at each spot in late October? Are charters easy o set up or should we be booking now? Thank you for your advice. John

Reactions: pascuale
Upvote 0

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
  • May 31, 2014
    Name
    Leslie. Christensen
    Boat
    Ponga
    What route. ? , Bola, Mag Bay, Loreto, San Quintin is wonderful, but possibly a little late

glacierboat
    glacierboat
    Don't have a route yet, but thinking we start in El Centro and end up in La Paz. B Lots of great suggestions here. Based on the feedback, I am thinking San Quintin, BOLA and Mag Bay are potential stops. Is the road doable between these places for an F250 with an Airstream? Thanks everybody!!
    Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
    ramona /ca/usa
    Name
    doug
    Boat
    yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
    La Bocana if you want a more remote fishing village themed area

Upvote 0

pascuale

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Ethan
    Boat
    3rd world country panga fleet
    La Bocana, Loreto or Mag Bay (one day inshore/one offshore), La Paz or Gordo Banks if you get all the way down.

Reactions: glacierboat
    Upvote 0

glacierboat

Sep 5, 2019
    anacortes
    Name
    John Ryan
    Boat
    Glacier Bay
    Depends on where you’ve already been and exactly what you want to do but ....Bahia de Los Angeles, Bahia Ascucion and Mag Bay can all be epic in late October. For sheer variety of fishing then it’s Mag Bay, Mag Bay, Mag Bay, hands down!!
    Thanks, all of these areas will be new to us although we all love to fish. Our experience is primarily NW US Florida and Bahamas. Probably 3 of us. Any suggestions for charters in mag bay? and how early should we book?
    Thanks again

Reactions: Leslie. Christensen
    Upvote 0