Offshore Took my son fishing for his b-day at the 182

PENN
Jun 10, 2004
Jamul
Name
used to fish
Boat
17 Aquasport
I don't fish much anymore, but I was glad my son asked to go on his birthday! My son was one around 10 years old for the last El Nino and I remember him smoking yellowtail till his arms fell off.

Left the slip around 7:00 and got a full scoop of horse 10" dines and good mackerel. Headed out toward the 182/43 in search of tuna. The tuna were puddling from the upper nine all the way out but just like the one other trip I went on this year they would sink out anytime I got the boat close. found a lot of paddies with 2" bait on them, but no fish holding. We finally came across the right paddy and my 10" dine and my sons got picked up within 2 seconds of each other. We were both fishing 30 pound and the same fish ate them both that fast. It was pretty cool to have 2 sets of arms pulling on that fish! We whipped him in no time flat! We took home 5 each and left them biting. Since this is bloody decks I will call them 5 pounds each. :) There were tuna boiling about 100 yards from the paddy and we tried chumming them up as well as slow trolling the macs thru them, but the anti tuna stink I have been using this year still proved its worth. One cool bonus was cutting my fish at home in the pouring rain, first time for that, it sure beats August and 100 degrees with yellowjackets all over you.
Happy birthday son!!

IMG_0938.JPG

IMG_0944.JPG

IMG_0945.JPG

IMG_0952.JPG

IMG_0958.JPG

Upvote 0

bassmeister

Nov 6, 2005
torrance
Name
scott
Boat
17ft crestliner
Now that's the way to spend your birthday!!! Way to bloody the decks gents, looks like you guys are fishing a fresh water lake it's so calm.

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
awesomeness. :)

good job Dad.

Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2004
Jamul
Name
used to fish
Boat
17 Aquasport
One other funny add to the story is that 1 of my fish was hooked right above and behind the eye, like a collar hook. I was swearing that thing was a 40# er the way it fought. Huge difference in not being able to turn its head. I don't normally use circle hooks, b

Upvote 0

jaw1970

I Should Upgrade My Account
Sep 6, 2008
Long Beach, CA. USA
Name
John
Boat
Koa Honu 28 Skipjack
I think your scale is a little off. But what do I know? Looks like a hell of a day. And love the part about cleaning fish in the rain. Looks like a lake.

Upvote 0

ranchero

fishing-pox..?I have fishing plauge
Apr 29, 2004
SD
Name
Al
Boat
25 skipjack -Albatross
sat I presume. I see sun and was out 182 that day. Can t remember sun though. Good job. Finding right parts not easy

Upvote 0

Shark Meat

Diehard/Determined CAPT
Apr 5, 2006
San Diego, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Glacier Bay 2670 Isle Runner - Shark Meat II
Lucky you didn't get spooled, too embarrassing to explain how you got spooled by 5lb YT. The shame. Nice ones.

Upvote 0