Too Much Tuna

NerkaSalmon

Jul 11, 2017
Vashon
Name
Mike Kennedy
Boat
Ruby
i’m in Grayland most weekends if anybody has a glut of tuna and would like to supplement you fuel bill feel free to pm me hear. Any open seat would also work definitely make it worth your while.

bducky

Jul 31, 2017
elma
Name
bob
Boat
20 ft duckworth
Hard to believe that someone wouldn't call the Seafood Connection or any of the other commercial outlets for tuna rather then trolling recreation fishermen for law-breaking sales on Bloody Decks.

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
There is no reason at all that sport caught albacore should be illegal to sell...none

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
Yet here in Washington it is.
same in california... it's not like it's some resident non commercial specias....if you can buy it canned you should be able to sell it to defray costs. it's not likely to pay for the boat and fuel

caserock

Student of life ....
Nov 29, 2005
Costa Mesa
Name
Mike
Boat
La Otra
what's an albacoreo_OLOL

liltrouble

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 9, 2012
ShillCreek, WA USA
Name
Shari
Boat
Mr. Buttercup
There is no reason at all that sport caught albacore should be illegal to sell...none
Ummmmm, well maybe. Most commercial boats have a method for keeping fish cold and liability insurance, etc. Sanitation does count.

There are guys who have loved it so much they have gone out and gotten commercial boats, licenses, mechanisms to handle commercial quantities of product safely, etc. and sell their goods. It is a premium product, I believe, because of how they have learned to handle it sport fishing. They are the group that have taken it to the next level. It isn't that hard to get a commercial tuna license. If you want to support your habit by selling your goods, then get a license.

Scromboid poisoning is real and there are standards for handling tuna that you may not get when you buy from the guy at the boat launch or his back yard.

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
Mar 4, 2009
Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
Name
Kim
Boat
26' Duckworth..."Mayhem"
Just click through some of the links to be a legal commercial fisher.
https://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/commercial/tuna#
Didn't read through this but there's also the safety requirements to be a commercial fisher. Fairly certain you need a life raft, not sure about survival suits off the west coast. We're required to have them in AK. Et cetera, et cetera.
http://fishsafewest.info/Regs.asp
More to it requirement wise than just going out and catching a few too many.

Reactions: liltrouble

NerkaSalmon

Jul 11, 2017
Vashon
Name
Mike Kennedy
Boat
Ruby
Really didn’t think that post all the way through. I’ve always thought they need to give tickets for being stupid. Guess I deserve one for 11 over speed limit. Had a friend a few years back that was more addicted to the tuna game than actually eating or canning it. In reality 2 or 3 fish canned a year covers my needs not sure what I’d do with more than that.

Reactions: wdlfbio

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy
Pm mark Coleman. He can sell you a couple.

Reactions: LeeMajors

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
BS no different than other sport caught fish
they arent a threatened or impacted species...should is the key word ....they are illegal to sell they arent rare or threatened so the only interest being protected is commercial guys market price

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy
Ducks, pheasant, dove, etc aren’t threatened or endangered either. Not legal for hunters to sell.

bducky

Jul 31, 2017
elma
Name
bob
Boat
20 ft duckworth
It's fuggin' insane to suggest that sport fishers should be allowed to sell fish. That's how numerous species of various fish , animals, plants go down the crapper. Commercial fishers at least have to jump through some hoops to avoid over fishing and health related concerns.