Tony Stewart guilty of murder??? What say you.

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
Two-time Nascar champion Tony Stewart isn’t the friendliest guy at the track. He once spun racing’s face man, Jeff Gordon, on pit road, drop-kicked a reporter’s tape recorder and punched a photographer in public. Since 1999 the sport has cited him nine times for arguing with Nascar officials, facing off with the media or fighting with competitors.

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
Veteran race fans remember a rookie driver who jumped out of his car during a NASCAR race in 1999 after another driver spun his car into him in Martinsville, Virginia. That driver was Tony Stewart.

Stewart had traded bumps throughout the race with Kenny Irwin, who had been his dirt-track rival before they both moved up to NASCAR.

But the last crash against the wall disabled Stewart's car. Stewart waited on the track for Irwin to circle around under a caution flag. Stewart threw his gloves at Irwin's car, and jumped onto its right side while the car was still moving.

Stewart's run-ins with other drivers are legend, including after his car crashed with Matt Kenseth at Tennessee's Bristol Motor Speedway in 2012. Stewart waited in a driving lane on pit road for Kenseth's car to return to the track. Stewart threw his helmet at Kenseth as the car sped by. He told reporters later that he doesn't "enjoy getting mad like that."

Stewart rushed after driver Joey Logano on pit row after a Fontana, California, race last year. He was angry that the younger Logano had blocked him from passing during a restart. Logano said he was just "racing hard" because he thought he could win.

Stewart has also had his angry moments with fans and the media.

He was investigated, though never prosecuted, for an alleged assault against a female fan at Bristol Motor Speedway in 2002, the year he won his first of three NASCAR championships.

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
NASCAR officials fined Stewart $10,000 and ordered him to get anger management counseling for hitting a photographer after a bad race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in 2002.

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
NASCAR officials fined Stewart $10,000 and ordered him to get anger management counseling for hitting a photographer after a bad race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in 2002.

I think I know someone that is no fan of Tony Steward.....

Whoops I guess I read it the wrong way...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
I think I know someone that is no fan of Tony Steward.....
On the contrary....I love Smoke!....I have a friend that use to race the go carts and he was sponsored by Mr. Haas they are such a great group of people........you know what happens when you assume!....lol....

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
and for the record I am a Jr. fan first and then Marcos Ambrose.......I miss Robby Gordon Racing!......lol....

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
I guess that proves murder. My apologies to all for questioning this. :daman:
I'm not saying he is guilty of murder....I just stated my opinion of what I saw in the videos......I also stated Smoke has a history and I made Mike aware about it......I just pointed out a few things he might not have been aware of.........

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
With all due respect Frank, that was pretty much what I thought would be posted...... afterall, you can't think I didn't already search that stuff.

That's all typical racing stuff, that pretty much goes along with a sport that raises tempers even more than hockey I bet.

Nothing is funny about this incident, but the funny thing is, here you list all these things Tony has been involved in, and yet this 20 year old kid looked to be no different.

I fully agree that Tony Stewart was and is a hothead. The guy gets fired up and passionate in the sport he makes a living at, and when guys drive fast cars within inches of each other and then try to make bold moves to get ahead of another...... well stuff happens, and that will never go away from the sport!

Here's one of many good reads about Tony Stewart (below). Some hate the guy, and many others love him for standing his ground and being the way he is. But standing his ground and not putting up with crap doesn't suddenly make this guy guilty of what some seem to have dreamed up just by watching 2 video clips.

For anybody to think he may be guilty here, just how can you come to that conclusion after seeing the car before him almost hitting the guy himself????? If that guy hit the kid, this discussion would be nothing more than a terrible accident....... but NO, now that Stewarts car ended up hitting him, it suddenly makes people think something entirely different.

Nobody will ever know exactly what led the young Kevin Ward Jr. to think it was fine to climb out of his crashed car and, in the middle of his dirt racetrack on Saturday, to try to confront Tony Stewart as Stewart continued to circle the track.

We do know, because it was captured on video, that Ward seemed to be looking to settle the score. On that local track in upstate New York, he walked toward Stewart’s car, which fishtailed, the right tire hitting Ward and dragging him under the car before throwing him several feet up the track. Ward, 20, was pronounced dead at the hospital.

What made Ward consider it O.K. to walk away from relative safety and chase down another driver, who was in a moving car? To the public, it might seem a crazy decision. It might seem even crazier than driving a racecar in the first place.

Continue reading the main story
Related Coverage
But in racing, a sport founded by tough guys who often liked to settle their disputes with their fists, it has been part of the sport for generations. And it has nearly been Stewart’s calling card. For almost a decade, even now, at 43, Stewart has been Nascar’s resident hothead.

Photo
macur1-see-note-articleLarge.jpg

Ward had left his car before he was hit, shown above in an image of a video on YouTube.
Like many other drivers over the years — both at the top level of auto racing, and on dirt tracks like the one Saturday that was the site of the fatal confrontation — Stewart has gotten out of his crashed racecars and has wagged his finger at other drivers, warning them that a flogging could come for causing him to wreck. Verbal and physical altercations also have unfolded in the garages or on pit road.

In 2012, during a Sprint Cup race in Bristol, Tenn., Stewart squeezed out of his crashed car to track down Matt Kenseth on foot, only to throw his helmet at Kenseth’s windshield as Kenseth’s car was zipping along. Maybe then Kenseth would think twice about going anywhere near Stewart’s bumpers during a race. Sure, that will teach him.

So where did Ward get the idea that going after a driver in a car was a good idea? It’s no longer so hard to see where. Maybe Ward never looked up to Stewart or took cues from his aggressive behavior. But professional athletes, like it or not, are role models, and Ward was 4 years old when he started racing go-carts, just when Stewart’s career was taking off.

In 1998, Stewart raced in the Busch Series, which was one level below what is now the Sprint Cup, and he was the defending champion in the Indy Racing League.

When Ward was 5, years before he would be named rookie of the year in his own racing league, Stewart took rookie honors in Nascar’s Sprint Cup, and finished fourth in the points standings. He was one of the sport’s stars.

Stewart had talent and a nasty temper. It was a pairing that many enjoyed, and his fan base grew. They liked him because he was old school, and nothing like the new era of drivers who strived to be squeaky clean to please their sponsors.

Drivers like Stewart have been both Nascar’s boon and its problem.

Being aggressive in one way or another has always been part of the sport’s fabric. Even early on, drivers who caused crashes were paid back with bare knuckles. I have to think that if iPhones existed when Nascar was born in 1948, on the hard-packed sands of Daytona Beach, YouTube would likely be teeming with videos of men beating the heck out of one another as the waves lapped at their feet.

Continue reading the main story
Fighting even helped lay the foundation for the sport’s popularity. In the 1979 Daytona 500, the first 500-mile race broadcast in its entirety on national television, Donnie Allison and Cale Yarborough crashed on the final lap of the race, and they ended up in the infield grass with Donnie’s brother, Bobby, exchanging punches and kicks and attempting chokeholds as the cameras rolled. The brawl made bigger news than the race, and the publicity was priceless.

Nascar has tried to keep drivers from making similar news, especially now that sponsors are so sensitive to negative publicity. It has fined drivers for pushing each other, it has fined them for cursing in their racecars (because fans can listen in on radios) and it has fined them for “actions detrimental to the sport” — which are basically defined as whatever Nascar officials say is detrimental.

But a sport’s roots are hard to shake, and tempers are hard to change. In April, Casey Mears and Marcos Ambrose were fined for fighting after a race in Richmond, Va. Ambrose threw a right hook to Mears’s face. Mears later said he was impressed because punches, often thrown in the sport, are not often landed.

No matter how much racing tries to escape its heritage, a gravitational pull brings it back. Usually, the confrontations are harmless, and cause fans to roar with acceptance.

But this time, on that dirt track on Saturday, there was only a hush as Ward’s body lay lifeless.

At first, Stewart planned to race the Sprint Cup event at Watkins Glen on Sunday. He bowed out, perhaps the weight of what the previous day’s events getting to him. Or maybe someone was able to knock some sense into him.

The sport, on all of its levels, should throw those kinds of punches more often.

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
I'm not saying he is guilty of murder....I just stated my opinion of what I saw in the videos......I also stated Smoke has a history and I made Mike aware about it......I just pointed out a few things he might not have been aware of.........

He went through anger-management classes about 10+/- years ago...something that you mentioned...which lessened his "in car" antics. When he moved to team owner, he toned down even more.
He also almost died just over a year ago racing these same cars which has caused him to be even a less aggressive/more careful driver since he came back to racing just a few months ago.

Bringing up his antics of over 10 years ago is a non-starter....but I'm sure the "Speculative Investigators" are drooling all over it.

PS: clueless people who start tossing out crap like "MURDERER!" and manslaughter kinda get my shackles raised. My apologies to you if that over-flowed into my reply to you. :loverz:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bondrvr

GOT A CUSTOM ROD FOR MY WIFE,,,,GREAT TRADE
Feb 12, 2010
Chula Vista
Name
mike
Boat
'99 Albemarle 280XF- Bubba Jean 28; Livingston LV-14 -BABY J
How about some Bluefin recipes??
Cut bluefin into 1"x2" LOGS.
Spray a light coating of olive oil
Salt ,pepper , onion powder,garlic powder and a little cayenne pepper
Drop each side of log on a bed of sesame seeds

In a large skillet heat a hi-temp rated oil until it starts to smoke.
Make a double boiler type set up, with ice water in lower section.

Place logs of fish in smokin hot oil for about 35-50 seconds per side.
When all four sides are done ,place in tray of double boiler set up , to kill heat and halt cooking.rotate to all sides and chill to refrigerator temperature, slice logs on angle.

Prepare sauce of Japanese mayo and sriracha, smear sauce decoratively on plate, place slices of seared bluefin aesthetically and serve immediately.

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
On the contrary....I love Smoke!....I have a friend that use to race the go carts and he was sponsored by Mr. Haas they are such a great group of people........you know what happens when you assume!....lol....
Oh Cool, I was a vip guest of haas racing when my son bought a couple cnc machines from Haas. I met Tony and Kurt.. they seem to be very cool guys .
sorry about that ... and yes thay are an awesome group,,, first class all the way...

Reactions: ConSeaMate
Upvote 0

end

Almost A Member
Apr 2, 2010
corona
Name
ed
Boat
none
I would be interested to know if these buggies have audio like the NASCAR vehicles do? I’m sure the conversation between Stewart and his crew in the pits would shed a ton of light on the situation.

These cars don't have radios to the pit crews

Ed

Upvote 0

Sluester

I kill stuff
Jul 22, 2003
Lakeside
Name
Mike
Boat
Killin time, Bill Collector
They were are under caution. No way in hell should you have to spin your dam tires to turn!!!
Fricken Mike trying to play lawyer. How'd that turn out in the divorce? :D

Going to cost him big dollars. In the lawsuit and in sponorships.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
They were are under caution. No way in hell should you have to spin your dam tires to turn!!!

Really?? How do you figure that?

If a guy is suddenly right in your path you sure do. the guy right in front of Stewart had to do the same thing! And if you watch the video closely, there were a few cars still riding on the upper part of that corner as well.

Have you even listened to what guys who drive these cars are saying? The rear tires very much come into play when steering these cars.

So you guys keep avoiding the question. Since the car right in front of Stewart had to swerve just the same, was he too trying to purposely brush the kid??

Upvote 0

prolinegd

Jul 3, 2007
Lake Havasu City AZ
Name
Patrick
Boat
Deplorable
Yes, he was purposely trying to roost the kid. Those cars use the throttle to turn under green, as soon as there's a crash yellow comes out and they're basically just idling. Those races don't start from a start line, they're push started and then get into starting order (one gear). He didn't need to throttle up to turn at that speed.I don't think he was trying to hit him, they're both at fault. He should have never gotten out of the car.

Reactions: ConSeaMate
Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
I would have gotten out of the car.....and hauled ass over the fence.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Mike trying to play lawyer.

LOL Not trying to play lawyer at all...... just laying down some facts and common sense. I hate what happened to that kid, but I honestly play no favorites at all among these two were talking about.

But just for you Mike, here is some more lawyerism :D

Fact is, there were numerous cars still traveling in the upper section of the track.

Fact is, the car right in front of Stewarts nearly hit Ward and had to swerve as well.

Fact is, the first car mentioned above, swerved in the same manner as Stewarts.

Fact is, Stewart was close behind the first car which almost hit the kid, and then came upon Ward immediately after that first car had the close call.

Fact is, Sprint car drivers are stating that to steer these cars, you use the rear wheels and throttle in order to turn.

Fact is, the video is taken from across the track

Fact is, Ward exited the car instead of staying inside as is instructed before the race begins.

Fact is, the corner in which the accident happened was said to be not well lit, and possibly the darkest location on the track

Fact is, Ward was wearing a Black suit and black helmet

Fact is, the vision in these sprint cars is hindered due to restraints as well as the wings on the car. Vision to the right is said to be the worst.

Fact is, this whole thing is getting stupid LOL

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
Mike why try and change what someones opinion is?....can't we have one ?...or does everyone have to agree with you?.......step on the brake pedal.....it does more then help start the car.......lol...

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Mike why try and change what someones opinion is?....can't we have one ?...or does everyone have to agree with you?.......step on the brake pedal.....it does more then help start the car.......lol...

I haven't the slightest problem with someone having different opinions. But this is about a guy who ended up dying, and from some of the stuff a few of you are posting, and from a very small clip taken clear across a track it's just seems very crazy that you guys can have this view.

I'm trying to understand the opinion that some of you guys have on this just a little bit. But with everything that has been brought up, along with the video clip, I just cant find anything to even slightly get me there.

I just have always really hated seeing people wrongly accused when there is so little to back it up. And in this case, even more so when someone has died and murder is now in the label.

So Frank let me ask this last little question and then I will gladly give this a rest ;).

Do you, as well as both the other Mikes agree that there was one car right in front of Stewarts that first came damn close to that kid as well? Close enough to even swerve in the same manner as Stewart? Do you, Blackfish or Sluester agree with this or not???

Upvote 0

BiggestT

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Yes, he was purposely trying to roost the kid. Those cars use the throttle to turn under green, as soon as there's a crash yellow comes out and they're basically just idling. Those races don't start from a start line, they're push started and then get into starting order (one gear). He didn't need to throttle up to turn at that speed.I don't think he was trying to hit him, they're both at fault. He should have never gotten out of the car.
How about some Bluefin recipes??

How about some lessons on right hand turns for a change?

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
Yep I agree that the first car swerved......did he have to swerve to miss the kid or was he just giving him extra room?.....I say he wasn't going to hit the kid but gave him more room......I still say Tony wanted to kick some dirt up and it back fired on him.......

Upvote 0