NGSD1

Dreamer
Jun 6, 2012
Tempe San Diego
Name
Nick
Boat
35 Cabo Express
I am finishing up my off season maintenance and just had Tony service over 30 reels for me. He got them all done in a few weeks and did a great job at a very reasonable price. I highly recommend Tony for your reel service and rod repairs .

Upvote 0

Papa "J"

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • May 8, 2003
    OffShore
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Grady White 272 Sailfish
    He does all my reels. Very reasonable and doesn't replace parts unless they need replacing. He even cleaned up all my rod guides and replace a few as well.

Reactions: SDtone
    Upvote 0

Black-is-Back

Wishin i was Fishin
    Jun 21, 2009
    So Cal
    Name
    Hey you
    Boat
    245 Fisherman open “Bloody Anarchy”
    X3 Just picked up my reels from him on Saturday.

Couldn't be more pleased.

I'll be dropping off all my reels next year.

Upvote 0

SDtone

Apr 8, 2005
    SD
    Name
    Tone
    Boat
    Nope
    I am finishing up my off season maintenance and just had Tony service over 30 reels for me. He got them all done in a few weeks and did a great job at a very reasonable price. I highly recommend Tony for your reel service and rod repairs .
    Thank you very much for taking the time to post this. Very much appreciated!

Upvote 0

Rodless_Jim

Apr 3, 2008
    Mexico, DF, Mexico
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    Strictly a Rider
    So to elaborate, the last three or four years, I have been lucky enough to do a couple of long trips a year, a cow trip in March or April, and a variety trip in September or October. I've been looking for someone to service my reels for literally years, and I had a couple of bad experiences.

Then about three trips ago Ken Bush introduced me to Tony, and that was the solution right there. He does great work. I get off the boat and I drop off my reels. I get them back and while they may not look like new (boat rash is boat rash), they work like new.

Hey, if you want to work on your own reels, more power to you. But if you want to have them serviced by a true professional, with the kind of attention to detail you want for your gear, give Tony a try. You won't be disappointed.

Upvote 0

SDtone

Apr 8, 2005
    SD
    Name
    Tone
    Boat
    Nope
    So to elaborate, the last three or four years, I have been lucky enough to do a couple of long trips a year, a cow trip in March or April, and a variety trip in September or October. I've been looking for someone to service my reels for literally years, and I had a couple of bad experiences.

Then about three trips ago Ken Bush introduced me to Tony, and that was the solution right there. He does great work. I get off the boat and I drop off my reels. I get them back and while they may not look like new (boat rash is boat rash), they work like new.

Hey, if you want to work on your own reels, more power to you. But if you want to have them serviced by a true professional, with the kind of attention to detail you want for your gear, give Tony a try. You won't be disappointed.
    Thank you Mr. Jim, much appreciated!

Upvote 0

Bottom Line

Village idiot
    Jul 9, 2006
    Warner Springs
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    Invader CC - Bottom Line
    How is parts availability on a old school Shimano Baitrunner 3500? I need a general tune-up and the pinion bearing replaced.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Rodless_Jim

Apr 3, 2008
    Mexico, DF, Mexico
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    Strictly a Rider
    In the interests of full disclosure, Tony doesn't repair my rods. Ken Bush does that, and he does it very, very well. He built most of them to begin with, and the very few times I have needed a repair, he does that for me. He is a fantastic rod-builder, and he does wonderful re-wraps if you need one.

No, this is not a thread jack. Ken and Tony are friends, and as I mentioned before, it was Ken who steered me to Tony.

Upvote 0