Islands Tony Reyes trips

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Some folks should never go on a SD party boat either :) Since they collide with yachts and beach. Stay within your comfort level

Stoked they made it through. September will be a rad trip. And with such little pressure. Just one boat picking away. Good times soon and you got the lead :D still a great value at $1395 for 6 days all inclusive food and beverages. Fish cleaning and ice too.

My first long real saltwater trip. Was 6 day aboard the Toney Reyes in 1992. I was 13 and my brother just got his driver's license. And the folks let us go with 2 other buddys in the astro van to San Felipe :D We fished 4 to a panga at the cost of 3. Deal at the Del Mar Fred Hall show. Such a epic trip 🤙🏾 would trade our beer for the day for sodas with the adults. Put a rapala treble hook through my hand with a spottie still on the other hook 🤙🏾. Great yellowfish fishing and pargo and cabrillas. Hawaiin slinged a big male sheaphead. Tried for a big grouper on live skipjack. Captain just wanted us to feel the bite. We caught and released a few big white seabass by a honest mistake :rolleyes:

Throwback yeeeewwww
IMG_20200512_111424.jpg

"Howdy Anglers. Tony Reyes just returned from his first trip in 22 months with a very happy crew to be back at work and a very very happy 27 anglers led by Chartermaster David Dang from Valley Village ,California. They had great weather during the 6 day trip fishing the Midriff islands in the Sea of Cortez. They found limits of Yellowtails on the surface as well as on the reefs. The Yellows were mostly from 14 to 26 Lbs. with the largest being 36 Lbs.

Cabrillas were plentiful fishing with jigs along the shorelines. Pargos were on the bite filling anglers limits with great eating fare. A big Striped Marlin was landed. Live bait was tough to find but some Mackerel was caught at San Francisquito. Jigs and Mirrorlures worked well and Tony says everything looks great in the fishing holes that have not been fished in such a long time as he is the only multi day boat plying those waters now. Tony and the crew want to thank all the faithful customers for their support over the last 22 months and for the donations sent to the crew to help them through it all. Tony Reyes has been fishing from San Felipe for over 45 years now and expects a banner year for what is left of this year. There are still some spots open for 2021 and 2022. www.tonyreyes.com

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Some folks should never go on a SD party boat either :) Since they collide with yachts and beach. Stay within your comfort level

Stoked they made it through. September will be a rad trip. And with such little pressure. Just one boat picking away. Good times soon and you got the lead :D still a great value at $1395 for 6 days all inclusive food and beverages. Fish cleaning and ice too.

My first long real saltwater trip. Was 6 day aboard the Toney Reyes in 1992. I was 13 and my brother just got his driver's license. And the folks let us go with 2 other buddys in the astro van to San Felipe :D We fished 4 to a panga at the cost of 3. Deal at the Del Mar Fred Hall show. Such a epic trip 🤙🏾 would trade our beer for the day for sodas with the adults. Put a rapala treble hook through my hand with a spottie still on the other hook 🤙🏾. Great yellowfish fishing and pargo and cabrillas. Hawaiin slinged a big male sheaphead. Tried for a big grouper on live skipjack. Captain just wanted us to feel the bite. We caught and released a few big white seabass by a honest mistake :rolleyes:

Throwback yeeeewwww
View attachment 1304947

"Howdy Anglers. Tony Reyes just returned from his first trip in 22 months with a very happy crew to be back at work and a very very happy 27 anglers led by Chartermaster David Dang from Valley Village ,California. They had great weather during the 6 day trip fishing the Midriff islands in the Sea of Cortez. They found limits of Yellowtails on the surface as well as on the reefs. The Yellows were mostly from 14 to 26 Lbs. with the largest being 36 Lbs.

Cabrillas were plentiful fishing with jigs along the shorelines. Pargos were on the bite filling anglers limits with great eating fare. A big Striped Marlin was landed. Live bait was tough to find but some Mackerel was caught at San Francisquito. Jigs and Mirrorlures worked well and Tony says everything looks great in the fishing holes that have not been fished in such a long time as he is the only multi day boat plying those waters now. Tony and the crew want to thank all the faithful customers for their support over the last 22 months and for the donations sent to the crew to help them through it all. Tony Reyes has been fishing from San Felipe for over 45 years now and expects a banner year for what is left of this year. There are still some spots open for 2021 and 2022. www.tonyreyes.com

they have had weather Issues for A couple of Trips ,but when they have been out ,
its been Limited Style Fishing,

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Have a 🤙🏾 good time. Think you sail soon :D yeewwww

Reactions: Tunahead
Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    the Capitan of the Eric was warned not to go out ,
    and he did and payed the price ,
    it was the 90 Foot wave that did them in,
    name me A boat the could handle that, I'm listening
    WHOA....a 90ft wave in the upper Sea
    of Cortez? Sank a 90 footer? Hmmm.
    I remember it sinking....but the wave
    sounds a tad big...just saying LOL

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat
    One that floats
    WHOA....a 90ft wave in the upper Sea
    of Cortez? Sank a 90 footer? Hmmm.
    I remember it sinking....but the wave
    sounds a tad big...just saying LOL
    According to what was said about the accident, the captain tried to run from it,
    And the wave came over the stern of it.

Reactions: Tunahead
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    According to what was said about the accident, the captain tried to run from it,
    And the wave came over the stern of it.
    That's crazy....still 90ft pretty big wave for
    The Sea of Cortez? Big enough if wave
    came over the stern. Sad ending.

Upvote 0