Mtnfshr

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 20, 2011
Thornton
Name
Chuck Mc
Boat
none
Is anyone going on this trip? I'm really looking forward to the trip and maybe and maybe meeting some fellow BDers. I just hope they get enough people to make the run.

JamesTaylor

Question Everything
Jan 7, 2019
Cypress, Ca
Name
James Taylor
Boat
Not yet
I might book it. I am trying to decide between the tomahawk or the condor that weekend 10/23. Havent rode either boat yet. How do you like the tomahawk?

Mtnfshr

Nov 20, 2011
Thornton
Name
Chuck Mc
Boat
none
I might book it. I am trying to decide between the tomahawk or the condor that weekend 10/23. Havent rode either boat yet. How do you like the tomahawk?
I've got no dog in a fight between the two boats. I simply wanted to know who I might be sharing the rail with.
I had the duckets and the time to do it. I had to escape Denver for some saltwater fishing time. The boats had better counts today so I'm hopeful about the catching part of it. I would have loved to fish the Queen during my trip here but that wasn't to be. It would have been great, because I used to work the boat for Big Ed. Nor a trip with Brian or Sam on the American Angler. Oh well. I could have planned better. This was a trip for my soul. Nothing more. The best time to do it is when you can.

I'll give my thoughts on the boat when I get back. Frankly, unless a boat runs a shitty operation or the skipper blows things big time, I'm good. It's part of my journey. Not my destination.

writebrian

... and I'm 6'5"
Jan 16, 2007
Arizona
Name
Brian
Boat
Whoever is Hot that week
Did a 2.5 day in Tomahawk 2 weeks ago. That new young Captain Jeff has NO quit in him! We had no fish during day 2 and had resigned to being happy about a good day one ate dinner and starting breaking down gear. He looked for schools until he found one at 10:00pm. We plugged the boat with 40-60# bluefin until well after midnight. I had to get back outta bed to start fishing again.

Mtnfshr

Nov 20, 2011
Thornton
Name
Chuck Mc
Boat
none
@ Tomahawk Sportfishing...Hi Eric(I assume). I had a great time fishing yesterday. I hope to be back aboard again. You and your crew provided a very good experience for me. Thank you! 😀

A nighttime flatfall bite last night would have been cool. It just wasn't meant to be for us. Next time! 😉

Tomahawk Sportfishing

Jul 11, 2017
San Diego
Name
Tomahawk Sportfishing
Boat
Tomahawk
@ Tomahawk Sportfishing...Hi Eric(I assume). I had a great time fishing yesterday. I hope to be back aboard again. You and your crew provided a very good experience for me. Thank you! 😀

A nighttime flatfall bite last night would have been cool. It just wasn't meant to be for us. Next time! 😉
Glad you had a good time!! look forward to seeing you soon
-Eric