Toilet Paper Craziness in Hawaii - Again!

Scuba Chris

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 17, 2016
Kapolei, HI
Name
Christopher Takahashi
Boat
Christina Ann
Once Again TP Craziness Hits Hawaii!

Back in 1971 Hawaii was hit hard by the 100-day West Coast dock strike. Hawaii residents recalled this strike that created a food & toilet paper shortage. So whenever any hint of another shipping strike surfaces the TP is the first to disappear off the shelfs. Costco & Walmart ran out in only a few days!

Today i hit Costco to buy eggs & bread. But because Trump declared a national emergency this morning due to the corona virus concerns i couldn't find parking at Costco. Had to park on the street. Had lines to buy paper towels to diapers. But no toilet paper. Took me over an hour just to buy 2dz eggs & 2 loafs of sweet bread. Had to forego gas as the lines were ridiculous.

Then i went to Walmart to get Beneful for my chihuahua Peanut Butter. I again saw the lines but i parked in the back at the Garden Dept & got my dod food. I saw a filipina lady making off with a bunch of toilet paper in her cart. Another lady told me she found a plastic wrapped pallet full of TP in the middle of the store & cut into it w/a razor knife. She was packing a razor knife?

I alerted a male stocker who helped everyone to whatever TP was left. He gave me a pack. I had plenty at home but thought getting another pack wouldn't hurt. People are CRAZY out there!

Thanks Walmart:)

Attachments

Reactions: QueenAnnesRevenge

watersdeep

Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
Paradise is great, till the shit hits the fan.

smokinwater

"Fire's Out!"
Apr 27, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Jon
Boat
won't b mine
Well, time to share: I installed my new Amazon bidet last night. Went in fairly smoothly. Today was my first run on it, and it's not too bad. I ordered one with hot & cold water hook up since my bathroom sink is next to the toilet. Found a bidet with metal fittings and braid hoses. Some have nylon, plastic and those shitty rubber hoses. Gotta pick up some of those rubber "feet" or pads to better support the seat to the bowl since it raises up just a tad bit after placing the device in the hinges. Now all I need is enough TP to dry the butt. As I said, just thought I'd share.

Mr. DRE

Sep 23, 2019
West Hills, CA
Name
Andre
Boat
Private
Any boat owners in Hawaii, I'll be happy to ship you a few cases of TP in exchange for fishing trip later in the year.

Fins in the Bin

Jun 10, 2004
Jamul
Name
used to fish
Boat
50 Silverton
How are you holding up Chris?
I heard your governor put a self quarantine of 14 days on all incoming flights? No more tourists has to be fun for a while eh? They even stopped allowing surfing here in SD this week, mostly due to the beach access and crowds not doing the 6' rule.
Aloha

r8rs4lf

Jun 17, 2017
Tree Juan ho
Name
Al
Boat
Salty AF
Tabo solves all!!

Scuba Chris

May 17, 2016
Kapolei, HI
Name
Christopher Takahashi
Boat
Christina Ann
How are you holding up Chris?
I heard your governor put a self quarantine of 14 days on all incoming flights? No more tourists has to be fun for a while eh? They even stopped allowing surfing here in SD this week, mostly due to the beach access and crowds not doing the 6' rule.
Aloha
Not that bad, hunting & gathering is allowed. Incl fishing. Weather & the high surf is bad though.

Reactions: skrilla

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
i just installed my TOTO WASHLET tonight. heated seat, built in de-odorizer, built in water heater, warm air blow dry. and self cleaning....it will change your life!