AhSpray

Assistant Gaffer
Apr 25, 2003
Escondido
Name
Rob
Boat
AAA+++ Ho
I guess there's always somebody that has to show up the group...

In all seriousness: congratulations on an exceptional achievement - enjoy eating the spoils!

Way to go.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Your being wayyyy too modest.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Your being wayyyy too modest......hi-five or sumpin.

Reactions: DavePloessel
Upvote 0

DavePloessel

Overinflated Peacock
Jul 2, 2007
sandy eggo
Name
Dave P
Boat
nope
couple more pics. fish was shot with my go to gun: a JBL midhandle elite with a jbl "warhead" sliptip. I was set up for tuna and (hoping for) marlin with the gun set as a breakaway linked to a 100' bungee floatline (1800# spectra core and a lot of stretch in the casing) and a zepplin float. I've shot a bunch of tuna with this setup so i was pretty confident with the gear. Ended up not needing it as I spine shot the fish so it wasn't going anywhere. i didn't have any kind of flashers but in retrospect that would have been a good idea. might have ended up with two instead of just the one. that would have been pretty cool.

20141002_123418.jpg

20141002_172917.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    whichever has the longest bunk
    My hats off to you! And considering the size of the hammerheads that I've seen out there this summer, anybody who goes into the water out there in the deep blue and hangs near a paddy has got to have nerves of steel!

Upvote 0

Shark Meat

Diehard/Determined CAPT
    Apr 5, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Glacier Bay 2670 Isle Runner - Shark Meat II
    Man that's awesome!

Upvote 0

Newcastle1

Sep 2, 2012
    San Diego, CA USA
    Name
    Denis
    Boat
    World Cat 270 EC
    Awesome shot. Congrats.

Just to add a little new info. Went strait out of MB yesterday. No wahoo. Sparse paddies holding rat yellows. Catch and release. A ten miles out found a giant area of kelp. Looked like they moved the La Jolla kelp offshore. Though it was on. Turned out to be more of a floating dump. Huge area of kelp, olive green water and no fish. It can be seen on the chloro chart on temp break. Shows as the white-green area in the middle of the blue. Maybe it will break up and have some fish under it soon. Did eventually catch a fish, but that was inshore.
    kelp2.jpg
    kelp1.jpg
    fish.jpg

Upvote 0