Jasen Harviston

Almost A Member
Jul 28, 2014
Huntington Beach
Name
JASEN HARVISTON
Boat
Wild Fish
First of all I'm new to offshore fishing. This is my first report pictures to follow. I launched out of Dana at 4:00. Got some great din from the barge and was off to 209. Took me a while my boats small 19ft center console and didn't wanna kill my bait bouncing. On the way there I decided to go to 277 then head to 209. Never made it to 209 because about half between 277 and 209 I hit a paddie loaded and pulled my 5 yellow tail. I could have got more but that's all I needed. I think I need a bigger boat though. I got my ass kicked coming home windy and chop. Oh FYI my first yellow ever. I'm super pumped

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FatBoy4130

Jun 7, 2012
RSM O.C
Name
B Wolfe
Boat
FATBOY
Way To Go Dude...Had to feel real good when it hit the deck of your boat...I'm in a smaller boat also and I always head as far north I need to be in the early a.m and never go tonsouth unless the Santa Ana winds are blowing so you have the right idea...I've been out there on nice days that turn snotty and us guys take water over the bow just trying to reset on the paddy...Imagine if you had to head uphill all the Way home

Upvote 0

Wasitrytofish

May 1, 2012
Monrovia ca united states
Name
Glen Mitchell
Boat
Sea Fox 248 Commander
I usually launch long beach. Wanted to fish your same area tomorrow. With weather up, I'm driving to SD tonigh, for the first time. Only because I don't want my kidneys to hurt for a week.
Got to get my 3 boys on some tuna tomorrow. School starts wedensday for them. Fish stories are my responsibility :)
Nice work on your first yellows. Welcome to the sickness of fishing

Reactions: FatBoy4130
Upvote 0

Jasen Harviston

Almost A Member
Jul 28, 2014
Huntington Beach
Name
JASEN HARVISTON
Boat
Wild Fish
There they are
20140815_163945-1.jpg

Upvote 0

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
That's a huge milestone, big congrats to you and your crew!!!

Now...if we could figure out how to bottle that feeling and emotion of "first fish on my own skiff" we'd be kazillionaires!!!

Nicely done Jasen. :appl::appl::appl:

Reactions: Jasen Harviston
Upvote 0

kuyamonster

I only wishes to catch some fishes...
May 14, 2009
San Diego/Tacoma USA
Name
Marcel
Boat
Limited load cattle car
Nice catch...Wait till you nail a YT that's 20+ or one of the beasty, old home guard mossbacks. Exercise your arms with 12 ounce curls prior. Welcome to to the madness that we call BD...

Upvote 0

live2fish

I've got bugs...
Apr 3, 2005
North OC
Name
Eric
Boat
14' livingston cat, 15’ radon, Parker 2320 @ez_sportfishing
I love going uphill into the swell vs riding it down home at an odd angle. I'm never in too much of a hurry though and the pilothouse makes it comfortable with wind spray and such

Congrats on the yellows, I remember my first out of my own skiff. Wait till you get a tuna or dorado! Those are even more amazing on your own boat.

Upvote 0

Headshot

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 21, 2004
Lake Forest, CA.
Name
Tim
Boat
05' 2601 SeaSwirl Striper
Congrats on your success fishing trip and a very nice first report, way to go!
Thank you for the report, I am heading out that way at 2am Sunday morning!
Thanks again, and we look forward to many more of your reports!
Tim, Cheers!

Reactions: Jasen Harviston
Upvote 0