To follow Carls, "Shit" thread....

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
What would you do if you won the Powerball tonight?

Assuming the payout is $530,000,000

Its hard to even imagine that much coin....

off course, I would call a really good financial advicer, who...I don't know,

but just for shits and giggle, off the top of my head...

I would take care of my family

Look into a some nice big ranches in several states, to hide from everyone...

Look into some nice tropical vacation homes

Buy a few boats in fishing meccas, with full time crew.

Set up a scholarship program for orphaned children, and foster kids who were never lucky enough to find a permeant family.

Look into setting up some charities and scholarship programs for wounded warriors and their families, as well as fallen police officers.

Donate a huge amount to my friends research foundation that is trying to find a cure for the disease that both of their children suffer from.

Look into donating money to Juvenile Diabetes and Epilepsy research

Set up some type of program similar to Make a Wish Foundation

Just do a lot of good things for the betterment of humanity..

That should take care of about 200 million...

The rest, invest so that my family is set for life, but each child must finish college, and get set into a career before they would ever see any significant amount of cash.

Thats just a few thing...

Its fun to dream....now I just need to buy the winning ticket. Whats the deadline?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
Feb 18, 2007
O'side
Name
Simon
Boat
Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
I would buy Carl a woman.

Upvote 0

TEAMFISH

JUST ADD WATER
Aug 17, 2006
TORRANCE
Name
DAVE
Boat
SOLD IT
All year booking on the Excel or R.P. Never leave the boat.

Upvote 0

lee337

ahuntnfisherman
Apr 19, 2014
Name
larry lee
Boat
bass boat
Hell, I think I would just buy one of the boats. Limited loads trips only! Like me and my friends!!!

Reactions: TEAMFISH
Upvote 0

dragonballs

I'm off probation
  • Mar 28, 2008
    Arlington WA
    Name
    Vance
    Boat
    40' ocean sport fisher
    I would post it here so you fuckers could all beg me for some money.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Fish where I want, when I, want, how I want, with the Chargers Girls.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    The Best and Worst States for Powerball Winners
    By Chloe Whiteaker , Alex McIntyre, and Christopher Cannon
    January 13, 2016
    The estimated Powerball jackpot for today's drawing is $1.5 billion, if the winner agrees to receive it in yearly installments over 30 years. If you want your winnings in a lump sum, the payout is reduced to $930 million. But you won't get even that much. The IRS takes a hefty cut off the top of lottery winnings–and most states demand a chunk of their own.

Where this jackpot is worth the most
    Most states tax lottery winnings like regular income; others don’t touch lottery windfalls.
    powerball-jackpot-payout1-768-01.svg

That giant jackpot shrinks by about two-thirds
    The IRS takes 25 percent off the top. The winner will then have to pay the federal government an additional 14.6 percent at tax time, for a total of 39.6 percent–the maximum individual tax rate. That means the most a winner can hope to take home is $561.7 million. Still not too shabby!
    powerball-jackpot-payout2-768-02.svg

Where you'll owe the most in taxes
    State income taxes for the highest bracket vary from 0 to 9.9%–excluding California and Pennsylvania, which exempt lotto winnings. Here's what states collect in the tax year, and the final payout a resident of that state could expect. Moving to another state to avoid taxes won't necessarily help.
    powerball-jackpot-payout3-768-03.svg

Correction, Jan. 13: A previous version of this graphic incorrectly said that Wyoming does not participate in Powerball.
    SOURCES: Multi-State Lottery Association, Internal Revenue Service, Tax Foundation
    METHODOLOGY: Bloomberg analyzed tax amounts to be paid by a single winner of the January 13 Powerball jackpot across 50 states and the District of Columbia. Amounts are for the lump-sum cash option, currently projected to be $930 million.

Figures do not include calculations using marginal tax rates. The top income tax rate was used for the entire prize amount at both federal and state levels. Some states withhold more or less than is actually owed, which is reconciled when the winner files his or her taxes the following year. The final amount owed could change further based on deductions and other actions taken by the winner during the tax year.

Figures do not include municipal income taxes, which may apply for residents of certain cities.

State income tax rates are for 2015.

Lottery winners who buy a winning ticket in a state in which they do not reside can be partially or wholly taxed by a second state, depending on both states' tax reciprocity laws. Figures presented do not account for such circumstances. Residents of states that do not offer Powerball are eligible for prizes on tickets bought in other states.

California and Pennsylvania have top income tax rates of 13.3% and 3.07%, respectively, but do not tax lottery winnings.

Powerball is played in 44 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Tax information was not available for Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands.

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

Black-is-Back

Wishin i was Fishin
    Jun 21, 2009
    So Cal
    Name
    Hey you
    Boat
    245 Fisherman open “Bloody Anarchy”
    Bayliss - Dream time.
    Freeman 37 pilot house with 7marine 627's

Donate big $$$ to Rady Children's Hospital and make a wish foundation.

Pimp out family and friends.

Wait till the real estate market crashes again and invest heavily.

Go fishing for a very, very long time!

Reactions: tanner.s
    Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
    Oct 18, 2012
    San Diego
    Name
    Tanner
    Boat
    1997 Proline 23 W/A
    Bayliss - Dream time.
    Freeman 37 pilot house with 7marine 627's

Donate big $$$ to Rady Children's Hospital and make a wish foundation.

Pimp out family and friends.

Wait till the real estate market crashes again and invest heavily.

Go fishing for a very, very long time!
    Great boat choices, Dream Time is my ultimate boat also. However, I would attempt to have a custom Freeman 45 made instead of "just 37". Quad 627's of course...

Reactions: Black-is-Back
    Upvote 0