Upvote 0

Woodhunter

Jun 12, 2011
    Port Angeles, WA
    Name
    Big John
    Boat
    Classic MAKO 22
    I am on the Olympic Peninsula of WA State. Was having trouble with the epoxy not spreading properly and a few bubbles. Out side temp now is about 62 degrees ( 4:45 PM June 16 2021) and I keep the shop from 65 to 68 degrees.

Bought this thing 3 weeks ago. I run it up to 120 degrees and let the bottles sit in the water for about 30 minutes.

Epoxy mixes easier, goes on the wraps nicely, and no bubbles.

DSCN6790.JPG

DSCN6791.JPG

I also ditched the disposable brushes per Salty Dawg's advice and now use wide Sable brushes. And his recommend Xylol for brush cleaning. Both work great! Thanks Bill.

Last edited:
    Reactions: dsl
    Upvote 0

dsl

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    I am on the Olympic Peninsula of WA State. Was having trouble with the epoxy not spreading properly and a few bubbles. Out side temp now is about 62 degrees ( 4:45 PM June 16 2021) and I keep the shop from 65 to 68 degrees.

Bought this thing 3 weeks ago. I run it up to 120 degrees and let the bottles sit in the water for about 30 minutes.

Epoxy mixes easier, goes on the wraps nicely, and no bubbles.

View attachment 1290519

View attachment 1290520

I also ditched the disposable brushes per Salty Dog's advice and now use wide Sable brushes. And his recommend Xylol for brush cleaning. Both work great! Thanks Bill.
    Thought about getting one, CA, gets pretty cold in winter! ❄️

Upvote 0

Mtnfshr

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Nov 20, 2011
    Thornton
    Name
    Chuck Mc
    Boat
    none
    Thought about getting one, CA, gets pretty cold in winter! ❄️
    A bathroom or kitchen sink does they same thing and best of all, you already have those. 🙂
    I use a bathroom sink and don't fill it all the way up to the levels of the finish in the bottles. It only takes five or 10 minutes to get them where they flow better. I let them cool down for 5 minutes afterwards and it doesn't seem to affect the viscosity any. The cooling also helps it to not go off so quickly, thus setting up faster.

Upvote 0