Tips(oh no, not another one of those) :D

Dexter Outdoors

freegaff2

Aug 31, 2014
Name
Craig Simcox
Boat
none
Does anyone know if the front office people you deal with all year long to set up your trip, bunk assignments...you know, damn near everything to make sure your trip runs smooth. Do they share in tip money? They should. Connie on the Q, Susan on the Supreme, and now Lori on the AA...all outstanding. And just as responsible for a successful trip as the crew. Because it is the whole experience that makes it great. Just a thought...

Reactions: Rodless_Jim
Upvote 0

freegaff2

Aug 31, 2014
Name
Craig Simcox
Boat
none
All right, I get that. I know Lori contacted me while she was on her vacation just to see that I got a spot on a trip that was hugely important to me to be on. The service has been outstanding. Period. Ok...maybe not a tip. But I know somebody who is going to get a gift certificate to a nice restaurant locally in the same denomination as each of the crew. Call me crazy, but I do appreciate good service...

Upvote 0

alan760

Dec 7, 2003
Encinitas, CA
Name
Alan
Boat
American Angler
I know everyone has their own criteria for selecting a boat but I personally give equal weight to front office, capt/crew, chef, and boat. Lori AA office and Tracy from the RS both get a A grade for how they handle the office IMO.

Reactions: freegaff2
Upvote 0

Tom Honaker

I Should Upgrade My Account
Sep 27, 2015
Hotchkiss Colorado
Name
Tom Honaker
Boat
Royal Star
I know everyone has their own criteria for selecting a boat but I personally give equal weight to front office, capt/crew, chef, and boat. Lori AA office and Tracy from the RS both get a A grade for how they handle the office IMO.
Tracy on the Royal star, is tops in my book! Ive been dealing with cancer this last year. Can't tell you how many times she has called me, to see how I was doing! Tim Ecstrom too. My suggestion, do something speacial for all the office personal, who treat us so well! It has meant everything to me personally. Leaving Wednesday on a 10 day, a couple months ago, was doubting I'd ever do another trip again. Things are looking up! IM GOING FISHING!

Upvote 0

fishordie

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 31, 2005
Calabasas CA
Name
Jamie
Boat
2013 Ranger Z521 with 250 Merc.: Now deceased.. Thank goodness
RIGHT ON TOM!!!!

Talk soon.

Jamie

Upvote 0

wahoodad

Yaddah X3
Apr 27, 2003
US/Mexico
Name
Choate
Boat
Islander
Long time ago, I decided I need to tip the person you deal with all year before the trip. I dont know if that helps with the stateroom assignment or whatever. But we place many calls to the office throughout the year.
I slip a healthy tip into a thank you card and hand it over at check-in.
See you Wednesday Tom.

Upvote 0

Cubeye

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
Does anyone know if the front office people you deal with all year long to set up your trip, bunk assignments...you know, damn near everything to make sure your trip runs smooth. Do they share in tip money? They should. Connie on the Q, Susan on the Supreme, and now Lori on the AA...all outstanding. And just as responsible for a successful trip as the crew. Because it is the whole experience that makes it great. Just a thought...
No, they don't share in the tip money. Some of us give them gift certificates. Star Bucks is their "second office".

I call it a Bribe. Susan doesn't like that word and calls it an "Encouragement fee". Now she calls it a "Secretary Fee". Lol.

The service is the same whether you pay the "bribe" or not. And they send you a Thank You card. I don't recall ever getting one from the Crew.

Reactions: freegaff2
Upvote 0

DC61

Dec 28, 2011
Dana Point
Name
Paul L.
Boat
33’ Blackfin
Great thread. Traditionally I have not tipped the front office person. I am a little embarrassed to say it, but it's true. You have opened my eyes to this. I will make sure I have an extra "thank you" card when I check in with Steve in January.

Reactions: FishRock
Upvote 0