Time for hunters and Fisherman to stop patronizing Delta airlines

Blackfish

Fishing, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
Sep 20, 2005
In a Pineapple, under the sea.
Name
Lee Obvious
Boat
50' Hatteras
so we went from a trophy lion - whos' carcass was left to rot; not eaten - to equating that to cow tunas to blaming the african people to President Robert Mugabes' sorry human rights record. dang but thats some spinning.

Trophy hunter killed his trophy, cut off its head, and left the carcass to rot.

Not trying to spin it Wils...I just can't stand the outrage over one lion being killed, when there is so many other travesties going on in the world, that no one even bats eye about (especially all these animal rights whack jobs). And Mugabe own action are a perfect example. People in the US and the modern world are all up in arms over one F'ing Lion, yet Zimbabwe's own President has killed thousands of his own people, eaten exotic endangered animals in his own celebration of his birth, caused the inflation of his country to clime to over 11,000,000 (million) percent.....but one rich dude kills a Lion, and all hell brakes loose.

Its just absoulteley rediculious. People are so whacked.

MJB

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Mark
Boat
sold it!!
Harvesting the old.....

As animals get old their teeth get worn down to the gums and end up starving to death. That's one of the main reasons we kill them it's much more humane to die by a hunter than waste away by starvation or die off in the winter

Another reason if you kill all of the young then the older animals are the only ones left who can't breed due to age. Before you know it they all will be gone.

And then there's the part that the land can only support so many animals due to the feed.

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
Not trying to spin it Wils...I just can't stand the outrage over one lion being killed, when there is so many other travesties going on in the world, that no one even bats eye about (especially all these animal rights whack jobs). And Mugabe own action are a perfect example. People in the US and the modern world are all up in arms over one F'ing Lion, yet Zimbabwe's own President has killed thousands of his own people, eaten exotic endangered animals in his own celebration of his birth, caused the inflation of his country to clime to over 11,000,000 (million) percent.....but one rich dude kills a Lion, and all hell brakes loose.

Its just absoulteley rediculious. People are so whacked.
Fair enough in the entirety of the overall view of the World, "Bruce".

But lets get back to the original title of this thread:

staying on that point and not straying to the various spins and tangents that have popped up......
I cant fix the entire worlds' problems. But I can stand up for what I believe in.... one small item at a time.

The man killed the lion for the SOLE PURPOSE of putting its head on his wall.... and left the carcass to rot. That is NOT "harvesting".
IF the lion was butchered and people actually ate it, that would be a different scenario and receive a different response from me.

PS: Yes. People are whack. The entire World is whack.

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
My one and only response to my post : with fishing there is almost always the option of release, the giant fish that I have caught never a a 200 pounder were completely used as food to feed my family or my friends. The last couple of trips have taken on the Royal Star, kept a few and I released all others. I have released alive the 2 marlin I have caught. I always release all of my calicos. Last week, we kept 2 tuna and one dorado, releasing several small dorado, several larger tuna as they were just not needed and I no longer need to feed my neighbors to be a hero. Hunting only kills. Trophy hunting only kills beheads, skins and leaves the rest. and there are better and more efficient means to feed the indigenous people. The outdated argument that this kind hunting brings revenue to support these animals is no longer valid. Ecotourism in Zimbabwe brought millions of dollars much of it to see and photograph Cecil. It also is not valid that "Trophy Hunting" is necessary to cull African herds. That is actully like saying that fishermen benifit tuna by culling cows.
How much of that money from those tours actually goes to the poor farmers of the area?

staying on that point and not straying to the various spins and tangents that have popped up......
I cant fix the entire worlds' problems. But I can stand up for what I believe in.... one small item at a time.

The man killed the lion for the SOLE PURPOSE of putting its head on his wall.... and left the carcass to rot. That is NOT "harvesting".
IF the lion was butchered and people actually ate it, that would be a different scenario and receive a different response from me.

Hyenas got to eat too.

Blackfish

Fishing, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
Sep 20, 2005
In a Pineapple, under the sea.
Name
Lee Obvious
Boat
50' Hatteras

I get it Wils, but the hype on this is just stupid.

Selective Moral Outrage.

Boo F'ing who, he killed a lion to hang the on his wall. Shit, Airlines better stop flying bear heads/skulls and skins home from Alaska, because they do the same in Alsaka. Shoot the bear, skin it, and leave the meat. Its the norm, and its legal.

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
jim
Boat
24 ft grady white
Oh no,the legal argument.

momaguro

Sep 23, 2011
Pacific Beach
Name
David
Boat
Pequod
more humane to die by a hunter than waste away by starvation or die off in the winter
What is best for the wild kingdom is beyond your comprehension. Your attempt to justify big game African trophy hunting in this day and age as a noble humanitarian service is a half baked sophomoric excuse for greed and only serves to perpetuate all of the inhumane behavior that defines Mugabe himself. Hunting Lions and elephants for sport is not sustainable.

33217d1424184992-bear-mount-bear-mount.gif

MJB

Jun 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Mark
Boat
sold it!!
I was talking about the old and yes their are plenty of trophy animals to sustain this in some areas........they also help rid the villagers of animals that destroy crops and their villages.

Ever see Shockeys Uncharted?
It may open your eyes.....he goes in and films in remote villages all over the world it gives you an understanding how the third world lives and how dangerous game and hunting plays a huge role there.

AhSpray

Assistant Gaffer
Apr 25, 2003
Escondido
Name
Rob
Boat
AAA+++ Ho
This is really very straightforward, and trophy hunting isn't the issue:

Killing lions isn't my cup of tea. Hell, I've never even shot coyotes, 'cause I choose to eat what I kill. But unless US laws were broken then leave the guy alone and shut up. Or, if you feel strongly about it, actually use your liberty to get off your butt and go do some work to change the laws (like we need more of them, but knock yourself out!).

This is still the land of freedom. Where you draw your moral and ethical boundaries are almost sure to be different from where I draw mine. If together we decide that some activity is an undue strain on a resource, or so universally reprehensible that it should not be allowed, then we change the laws and move forward as such. But otherwise, the agreement is that you can pursue your happiness, and I can pursue mine, without fear of undue punishment.

But just because you do not agree with trophy hunting, does not mean you have the moral high ground (even if you are pedantic enough to name your boat Pequod and pontificate with pejorative insults and unsubstantiated declarations from the poopdeck, not to single any glaring example out).

This is the same tactic that PETA-types use against Sea World. It is the same tactic that the anti-gunners use. "Our position is ethical and caring! You disagree so you are an evil hater!"

Take a long, hard look in the mirror. What you see looks exactly like Dr Palmer to those in the population who view fishing as unethical. Their boundary is a little different than yours.

I choose to celebrate the beauty and freedom of a country where someone can plan it, pay for it and make it happen if that is their dream. Personally, I'd much rather go catch some maguro!

MJB

Jun 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Mark
Boat
sold it!!
Get ready to eat some crow.........might want some salt with that bird all you lion lovers.....

Stand by getting a link

And the dentist is gonna be a lot richer after his lawyers get done