Time for a Pot Puller

Discussion in 'Washington Fishing Reports' started by Master Chief, Mar 20, 2017.

1. carrie's bait boy

carrie's bait boy 2 hulls are better than 1

Name:
    norm
    Boat:
    32x12 ACI Cat
    I hate my Scotty. Too much work involved. Bought into their "look, you can use 2 fingers to lift up shrimp pots" spiel at the boat show a couple years ago. I got a couple fingers for them right here! One on each hand

sgwill122 likes this.
  2. EJ Swanny

EJ Swanny I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Erik
    Boat:
    "Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
    Hey Chad, it all boils down to how much you are going to use it and the types of application. If you are a one day a year shrimper, pull crab pots 10-20 days a year, and already have Scotty mounts, definitely go with a Scotty or Ace.

Both are very similar as far as retrieve rate, etc. I (and others I know) have only good experiences with the customer service at Ace. I have blown fuses with my Ace, but that was because I was running a 30amp (should now be 40amp on pullers after 2012 or so) on big tides and heavy pots.

I like the Ace over the Scotty because it will bring the pots up higher, and easier to bring it over the gunwale.

If Master Chief is your BD name because you served....Thank you for your service!!

Be safe all...Swanny

Master Chief and goatram like this.
  3. Ugly Bayliner

Ugly Bayliner I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Steve Ericsson
    Boat:
    20' Ugly Bayliner

Good grief, that thing is pulling so fast you can't grab the rope!!

Cap'n Coldeye likes this.
  4. RGS

RGS Newbie

Name:
    Rob
    Boat:
    16' HiLaker & 24' Fiberform
    No need to grab it, it lays it nicely in the trash can.:D Just watch for the marker on the rope and for the pot. I tested it with a 50# cannonball and it had no problem picking it up.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    Ugly Bayliner likes this.