vegasandre

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
"There is a lot of good fishing coming our way this season. And, due to the Covid nightmare and hysterical fear mongering by the media who are intent on destroying America's morale, there is plenty of space on upcoming voyages. If you are healthy, have no serious underlying health conditions, and like the idea of fishing on Royal Star with significantly lighter angler loads the current climate is perfect for you. If you are among any higher risk group and choose to sit this year out we fully understand and support your position. There will be plenty more fishing available in years to come. We will be here for you!

Rest assured that we are doing everything possible to provide Royal Star guests with a safe platform to enjoy their fishing vacations outside in the fresh, revitalizing ocean air. Let's go fishing! "

The Royal Star just made my favorite's list

fishfish

Jun 21, 2006
Santee
Name
Gerry
Boat
Sold and Gone!!!
If i could only afford their fares.........

fyermn

Sep 2, 2005
Utah
Name
Dan
Boat
LONG RANGE fishing
I listened to Brian Simms on "Let's Talk Hook Up" this morning and I believe to Royal Star is one of the best prepared boats for coping with the Virus and their passengers.

etwizard

Mar 29, 2004
No California
Name
solomon
Boat
Free 4 All
"There is a lot of good fishing coming our way this season. And, due to the Covid nightmare and hysterical fear mongering by the media who are intent on destroying America's morale, there is plenty of space on upcoming voyages. If you are healthy, have no serious underlying health conditions, and like the idea of fishing on Royal Star with significantly lighter angler loads the current climate is perfect for you. If you are among any higher risk group and choose to sit this year out we fully understand and support your position. There will be plenty more fishing available in years to come. We will be here for you!

Rest assured that we are doing everything possible to provide Royal Star guests with a safe platform to enjoy their fishing vacations outside in the fresh, revitalizing ocean air. Let's go fishing! "

The Royal Star just made my favorite's list
See you in about three weeks! Truly looking forward to seeing you again!

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
High school graduation, 1996. 8 day RS to Alijos, spent July 4th out there. Wahoo score. The first great fisherman that (I realized) I was fishing side by side with, flyline. Was Tim. That was 24 years ago. Beyond bad ass now

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
wow............made it a whole 9 posts before someone had to go and throw the political card. :shake:

we are trying to keep this fishing forum about fishing....so don't let your feeling get hurt if your post gets deleted.....it's NOT personal........you are not that important.

....that is all. Carry on.... (with the FISHING discussion)

Phat Boat

Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
Sounds like some really good fishing is coming our way-sweet!

If you are healthy and are OK with going on a long range boat and can afford the ticket, this sounds like a chance to have light loads and good fishing, something that does not always go together.

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
This fucking post was headed straight to the shitter in the opening quote. In bold: “hysterical fear mongering by the media who are intent on destroying America’s morale...”

opening salvo a political statement, why would you be surprised?

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
This fucking post was headed straight to the shitter in the opening quote. In bold: “hysterical fear mongering by the media who are intent on destroying America’s morale...”

opening salvo a political statement, why would you be surprised?

that is not, IMHO, a political statement. I guess it could be considered as such if one were to support the media....but to me, it's just reality.

strackle99

Mar 20, 2008
Villa Lepro, Baja
Name
Todd
Boat
The one on the fish
Tim is a true badass! mass hysteria over a flu that is only bad according to the fake news msm.
Phoenix is out of morgue space, and asked FEMA for trailers. Helluva flu, but it will disappear with the summer heat, right?

lougio

Capt Lou
Jul 19, 2014
La Mesa, CA
Name
Lou
Boat
'03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
that is not, IMHO, a political statement. I guess it could be considered as such if one were to support the media....but to me, it's just reality.
I took it as a political statement. Why even say it? They are trying to recruit fisherman obviously. Why possibly alienate those that believe differently?

Brad I

Common Sense Isn't Common Enough
Jun 20, 2015
San Fernando Valley
Name
Brad I
Boat
Nope
And, due to the Covid nightmare and hysterical fear mongering by the media who are intent on destroying America's morale,

Whether you agree or disagree, in today's climate of course that's a political statement.

Its also completely unneeded in the sense that if it were removed from the paragraph, there would be no loss whatsoever of the information that needs to be conveyed: there's great fishing and light loads, so come out and fish if you can.

The only reason to include the statement is provide Ekstrom's personal opinion..

vegasandre

Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
Just quoting an esteemed LR captain...
(who is 10000000000000000000000000
% spot on) lol

Reactions: jer dog and marlyn

Pescador Paul

Jun 11, 2004
Carlsbad, CA
Name
Paul
Boat
Sold the Pursuit- Only a kayak and Wave Runner now
HEY......ALL THAT CRAP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ROYAL STAR TRIP..... OR CAPT ECKSTROM.....
With all due respect, Captain Ekstrom wrote, "And, due to the Covid nightmare and hysterical fear mongering by the media who are intent on destroying America's morale...." That sounds pretty political to me, although I suspect the boldfaced type was added to Captain Ekstrom's original message.

On the other hand, this is not political. It is a news report from Foxnews.com:

"A Texas hospital says a patient who was a healthy young man died from coronavirus after attending a “COVID” party.

The unidentified 30-year-old man died at Methodist Hospital in San Antonio, according to the hospital’s top doctor, Jane Appleby.

“This is a party held by somebody diagnosed with the COVID virus, and the thought is people get together to see if the virus is real and if anyone gets infected,” Appleby said, NBC 4 San Antonio reported Friday.

“Just before the person died they looked at the nurse and they said, ‘I think I made a mistake. I thought it was a hoax but it's not,” she said, according to the station."

Methodist Hospital San Antonio in Texas.

Methodist Hospital San Antonio in Texas. (Google Maps)

Reactions: woodfish330