hawksfan75

Wear your god damned mask!
Sep 7, 2011
Kent, WA USA
Name
Eric
Boat
Whichever I am invited onto
Cross posting something I came across on The Hull Truth. It’s an inflatable throwable PFD. Satisfies the throwable requirement. I just copy/pasted the information from the thread below. Reach out directly to the guy to order:

I have secured a discounted price of $99.95 (inc FREE CONUS shipping) for the original Throwraft (TD2401) for this Group Buy! Retail price is $149.99. The optional mounting enclosure is available also for an additional $60 (MSRP $84.99).

All orders/payment will be handled by me. Throwraft will ship directly to purchasers and all units will be fully warrantied by them. Shipments to FL will need to add sales tax 7% (sorry).

I have no affiliation/interest in the product/owner/company. I just liked the product and think it looks like a great item to add for safety (personally I hate the size of the type IV rings - too hard to store on boats under 30' where you can quickly grab and throw in an emergency). I reached out to the Owner of ThrowRaft and negotiated the lowest price they have ever offered based on a minimum quantity of units (the minimum has already been met and the $99.95 price is locked in!).

ThrowRaft is a US owned company and they manufacture the product in the USA. Hoping this group buy will help during a time that there are no boat/fishing/outdoor shows for them to display and market their units.

message me or email ([email protected]) for ordering info and payment (Venmo, PayPal, Ca$h, Google Pay or ApplePay).

https://throwraft.com/products/the-t...zLG_5zmwpntuyA
image0_4__9a505d6e6a1efcbe5c9a7a78f4fefeb0d433784d.jpeg

Reactions: irishrogue
Upvote 0

irishrogue

Jan 4, 2012
Cape May, NJ
Name
sean C
Boat
Irish Rogue III
Similar to mustangs throw stick. But mustangs are easy to throw.
The Mustang throwstick is interesting BUT it is NOT USCG approved and does NOT satisfy type IV requirement. The ThrowRaft IS USCG approved and DOES satisfy the Type IV requirtement. And the group buy price is almost 50% less than the Mustang....

Reactions: Mpizzle
Upvote 0

liltrouble

Jun 9, 2012
ShillCreek, WA USA
Name
Shari
Boat
Mr. Buttercup
[Oley dokeQUOTE="irishrogue, post: 5144793, member: 143770"]
The Mustang throwstick is interesting BUT it is NOT USCG approved and does NOT satisfy type IV requirement. The ThrowRaft IS USCG approved and DOES satisfy the Type IV requirtement. And the group buy price is almost 50% less than the Mustang....
[/QUOTE]

okey dokey. I probably shouldn't have Sold them to SPD Harbor Patrol and KCSO Marine Unit.

Last edited:
Reactions: One_Leg
Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
How is this better than the typical throwable, that usually doubles as an extra seat cushion?

Upvote 0

TimeZoned

24’ Hewes Alaskan
Apr 27, 2013
Port Orchard
Name
Jeff
Boat
24’ Hewes Alaskan
This is what I use. Way more compact and cheaper. I just hang it on my rocket launcher so it’s at everybody’s disposal and out of the way. I like this better than the seat cushion because with the rope you can pull someone to the boat vs trying to maneuver the boat close enough to grab them without running them over!

BDB6685C-AE2A-4716-BFAD-8145279A222F.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hawksfan75

Wear your god damned mask!
Sep 7, 2011
Kent, WA USA
Name
Eric
Boat
Whichever I am invited onto
How is this better than the typical throwable, that usually doubles as an extra seat cushion?

well, it’s 10x more expensive so it has to be better? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like this inflatable one because I can have it way more accessible than the throwable I keep tucked in my cubby.

I’m on the fence about it in all honesty but thought I’d share a solid deal.

Upvote 0

jskfish

Aug 2, 2006
Federal Way, WA
Name
John Kapica
Boat
Pursuit 315OS
I don't think the scotty throwable satisfies the cushion requirement (i think it should) or at least that is one coast guard employee doing an inspections opinion but the throwable is required in Canada and I bought one several years ago to satisfy an inspection incurred during a vacation to the gulf islands.

Upvote 0

irishrogue

Jan 4, 2012
Cape May, NJ
Name
sean C
Boat
Irish Rogue III
[Oley dokeQUOTE="irishrogue, post: 5144793, member: 143770"]

okey dokey. I probably shouldn't have Sold them to SPD Harbor Patrol and KCSO Marine Unit.
[/QUOTE]

Please do correct me if I am wrong. I looked on Mustang's website and see no reference to USCG approval. Mustang makes some great products that are USCG approved but this does not appear to be one of them.

Upvote 0

irishrogue

Jan 4, 2012
Cape May, NJ
Name
sean C
Boat
Irish Rogue III
The $5 type IV cushion is fine but almost impossible to throw any real distance especially into the wind. The throwraft is compact and has some weight to it - very easy to throw at least 30-50ft with ease and most of us could probably throw it farther if needed. Not for everyone but I think it is a cool product. US owned company and more importantly US manufactured!

Upvote 0