islandhooker

Fish whisperer
Jun 29, 2007
ca
Name
chris
Boat
Trophy center console
I am not sure what transducer to purchase. I have a 20’ cc boat with a 20 degree dead rise. I have a simrad go7 FF with the total scam stern mount transducer and I don’t get any sonar readings over 4mph due to having a through hull water pickup on both sides of the boat. I believe they are causing air bubbles under my transducer. I have tried moving it around a bunch of time with no change.
so I’m thinking a through hull transducer will be my best bet.
not sure which one to get. If I should go with a 1kw or just a 600w. I was looking at the AIRMAR ss75h that is a 600w. would like some guidance and opinions if you guys could help.
thanks.

Upvote 0

islandhooker

Fish whisperer
Jun 29, 2007
ca
Name
chris
Boat
Trophy center console
I am not sure what transducer to purchase. I have a 20’ cc boat with a 20 degree dead rise. I have a simrad go7 FF with the total scam stern mount transducer and I don’t get any sonar readings over 4mph due to having a through hull water pickup on both sides of the boat. I believe they are causing air bubbles under my transducer. I have tried moving it around a bunch of time with no change.
not sure which one to get. If I should go with a 1kw or just a 600w. I was looking at the AIRMAR ss75h that is a 600w. would like some guidance and opinions if you guys could help.
thanks.
There is also the AIRMAR xsonic hdi 600w

Upvote 0

islandhooker

Fish whisperer
Jun 29, 2007
ca
Name
chris
Boat
Trophy center console
thanks.
Just looking on some advice of a good through hull transducer to run with my simrad go7 for all types of ocean fishing. But mostly for offshore tuna fishing.

Upvote 0

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
  • Oct 19, 2012
    California
    Name
    Shewillbemine
    Boat
    Chips N Guac
    Contact Gil Travis at 800-925-0341

I should be getting commission with all the people I tell about this guy. 🤣

Upvote 0

islandhooker

Fish whisperer
    Jun 29, 2007
    ca
    Name
    chris
    Boat
    Trophy center console
    Just a guy with a ton of experience about that stuff. He also has an online store.

He's got a good reputation within the boating world. Google him if you want.
    Looks like he has not been active for a long time. I sent him a dm on Facebook we will see.

Upvote 0

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
  • Oct 19, 2012
    California
    Name
    Shewillbemine
    Boat
    Chips N Guac
    Looks like he has not been active for a long time. I sent him a dm on Facebook we will see.

Call him. He's a phone call guy. He isn't as active on BDOutdoors. He's very active on Hull Truth, a much bigger, national forum. He was just on tonight. He responds to DMs as well.

I don't know how he is on Facebook. Based on his approximate age, I wouldn't think he's very active there either.

Upvote 0

Fearlessfiasco

Loco Leftist...
    Jun 5, 2012
    La Mesa
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    Sea Pro 170DC
    The problem that I see with your setup as I read it is the water intakes on both side of the hull. Even is you put a transducer in the hull it needs to have clean air bubble free water going over it to work best. If the thru-hull water intake is in front of any type of transducer you're going to have problems.

Upvote 0

islandhooker

Fish whisperer
    Jun 29, 2007
    ca
    Name
    chris
    Boat
    Trophy center console
    The transducer will be about 12” or more in front of the water pickups. No interference in front of the new transducer location.

Reactions: Fearlessfiasco
    Upvote 0