PENN

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
You get the bd award for best under estimate of the year....unless you are severely height challenged id give it another 50 lbs easy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BDOutdoors mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Postal719

Almost A Member
Jul 7, 2016
Carlsbad, CA
Name
Ryan
Boat
23' Polar Walkaround
I saw this bad boy on Sunday also when pulling my boat out of the water. Thanks for letting us have a look! Really nice catch and certainly a lot of work that night. Also, sorry about the flat. Hopefully it did not take too long to get it fixed.

Upvote 0

lobzila

May 2, 2007
Oside
Name
e-man
Boat
204 Angler
Saw you guys at the boat ramp. I was wondering what you caught and my buddy pointed the tail sticking out of the boat. Nice catch.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
I used to put my nose up to shark meat due to its lack luster flavor.I would compare it to tofu,real bland ...but it is protein.I have since done an about face.Wrapped in foil with some garlic seasoning and butter on the grill it actually will have a lobsteresque like flavor.

Another plus to shark meat is that it holds up better over time in the freezer.I would prefer a few steaks of shark over bluefin in the freezer anytime.

Upvote 0

Fishmaniac

3rd Gen Born and Raised in SoCal
Jun 26, 2006
Fallbrook
Name
Tom
Boat
24 foot SkipJack
I used to put my nose up to shark meat due to its lack luster flavor.I would compare it to tofu,real bland ...but it is protein.I have since done an about face.Wrapped in foil with some garlic seasoning and butter on the grill it actually will have a lobsteresque like flavor.

Another plus to shark meat is that it holds up better over time in the freezer.I would prefer a few steaks of shark over bluefin in the freezer anytime.
I gotta try that method, sounds great!
Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using BDOutdoors mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Upvote 0

fishymeister

Raunchy Ryan
Oct 13, 2004
HB
Name
Ryan
Boat
15' Triumph CC 'Bic Juan'
Nice T! I agree you may have underestimated the weight. Not that it matters but FWIW we caught one that measured 12'6" and weighed 305lb dead and bled on a certified scale. Thanks for sharing!

Upvote 0