Florida man living in SoCal
Nov 15, 2014
El Cajon
Name
Hank
Boat
Dusky 17
Because they make very few of them.

I went to their shop and checked a few of them out. Seems ok for the price. I'm sure they have been making rapid improvements since then.

Upvote 0

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
  • Oct 19, 2012
    California
    Name
    Shewillbemine
    Boat
    Chips N Guac
    I would LOVE for their quality to match the awesomeness of their pricing ($27k for a 21' boat?!).

I actually saw one parked at Dana Point today. While I cannot say I got in the vessel, the painted hull did not look that great. I cannot tell you how long the boat has been there, to be fair.

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
    Oct 18, 2012
    San Diego
    Name
    Tanner
    Boat
    1997 Proline 23 W/A
    Got on one at the FH show and it was okay. Fit and finish was decent but it seemed pretty bare bones and a little light in the glass department. For the price, it looks like a pretty good skiff.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

bwesselink

Jun 13, 2014
    Name
    Brandon Wesselink
    Boat
    21' Thresher Boats Center Console
    Hey Guys, My name is Brandon Wesselink with Thresher Boats.

I appreciate the postings and wanted to provide any information I could:)

We have put out about 50+ boats over the past 3 years and have been developing and testing them for well over 4 years.

Our boats are quality boats at an outstanding price point. I am very proud to say that of all the boats we have put out; there have never been any hull/structural issues over the past 4 years. Our boats are made using the traditional hand laid fiberglass process with the finest materials, 100% rigged using the best equipment, parts and materials in San Clemente, CA. Every boat is then custom rigged for you the customer to your specs.

At the end of the day we are not selling Ferrari's or Porches. We are selling high quality fishing boats for the working man (with 3 three year warranties bow to stern) right around the price of a used boat! We are selling Fords.

If you have deep pockets and are looking for a $60-80k boat with a lot of cushions and cup holders, we probably are not the right boat for you.

We are more than happy to invite you to our Showroom / Factory in San Clemente, CA where we can show you the boats in detail.

In addition, if you every want to talk to an actual customer, we will refer you to a long list of happy owners. In fact, we have never had a dissatisfied customer. I highly recommend you talk to someone who has a Thresher Boat before you draw a conclusion about them:) We let the boats preformance speak for itself!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tcv7k00ey9px76j/Thresher Boats-HD.mp4?dl=0

Thanks!

Upvote 0

bwesselink

Jun 13, 2014
    Name
    Brandon Wesselink
    Boat
    21' Thresher Boats Center Console
    Update -

Our Thresher 22 hulls are hand laid in Ensenada, Mexico and are built to the highest standards using the best materials and built to ABYC Standards. While we do still import our Thresher 24 hull from China, it again is built using a hand laid process, best materials available and built to ABYC standards. ALL our boats are built with a composite stringer system and are 100% foam filled.

Our boats are then rigged at our San Clemente location using only the best products available. Blue Seas Electronics, Sea Star Hydraulic Steering, Anchor Marine Wiring, Shields Hose, etc to name a few. We are OEM direct with almost all our vendors as well as Mercury and Honda Marine. We build, rigg, buy direct and sell straight to the consumer saving you $$$$$.

Now, with the growth we have had, we are in the process of moving ALL of our manufacturing to our new Ensenada, MX facility. This has nothing to do with quality of product that we are getting from our overseas manufacture; it is simply because of logistics and demand. So in the next year or so, ALL Thresher Boats models will be made here in North America.

At Thresher Boats we are also currently in the works of launching a Thresher 22 Pilot House Model, a new re-designed Thresher 24 (more aggressive bow / hull design) and to wrap up our portfolio we will eventually offer a Thresher 26/28? "Full Walk-Around Overnighter". I hope to launch the new Thresher 22 Pilot House at next years boat shows! This will be next level!

SDG6 - In regards to getting input on the performance and quality of our boats I highly recommend talking directly with a Thresher Boats owner. While everyone has valid opinions and feedback, there is no better info than going directly to the source.

With that said, if you or anyone would like to talk direct with a Thresher Boats owner, let me know and I can provide you with as many contacts as you would like. Our products speak for themselves!

I am really proud of the fact that we have a very strong customer base, almost all our sales are driven by word of mouth or by people getting on one of our boats (that someone they know has). I think this says a lot. I have no doubt you guys are seeing more and more Thresher Boats out there on the water:)

Flyhigh / Derby - You bring up good points in regards to the resale value. So this is something that we have planned for coming into this. When you offer a great product at a much lower price than the competition, using the same name brand components, steering and power (this is where the money is) paired with a industry standard 10 year warranty, you have much less "driving off the lot" loss than other overpriced boats. But I do agree that being a small manufacture trying to make a name is definitely a challenge and has many hurdles. Knowing this, is why about a year and a half ago, we started working with NADA Guidelines and compiling new boat and re-sell information on all our Thresher Boats. We are very proud to announce that we are now just a few months away to having our boats new and re-sell value being published in the NADA Guidelines......and what we are seeing is a fantastic re-sell value for our customers!

I hope I helped clarify a few things and answer a few questions. If I missed anything or if anyone would like to talk more off-line, please feel free to reach out to me.

I really appreciate the platform.

-Tight lines and Bloody Decks!

Reactions: LarsTheViking
    Upvote 0