ShadBurke

Just a Guy and his Boston Whaler
Oct 28, 2005
Carlsbad
Name
Shad Burke
Boat
22' Boston Whaler Guardian
The ones that showed up last year didn't have one fuse in the electrical system....maybe this years models will be better. Boats were not CG compliant. Very obvious issues.

I think the older bayliners that were chopper glass constructed might be more seaworthy and safe.....

Reactions: NO4NMTL
Upvote 0

makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
The price scared me. I worry when any boat is that much cheaper than their competitors.

Upvote 0
Jul 19, 2014
San Diego
Name
justin cardenas
Boat
"Foul Hooker"
Those boats are bad ass! Cruises at around 35 knots that is with the 115 and they are very steady boats. Now don't forget the price of 26,900 doesn't include any electronics. Radio chart plotter radar gps and bait tank are all things not included.

Reactions: TakeItEasy
Upvote 0

Knotsea1957

Captain/100 Ton Master
Aug 8, 2007
32*51`220 117*13`540 (La Jolla)
Name
Fred Leinweber
Boat
23FT PANGA
Those boats are bad ass! Cruises at around 35 knots that is with the 115 and they are very steady boats. Now don't forget the price of 26,900 doesn't include any electronics. Radio chart plotter radar gps and bait tank are all things not included.
There was one at Fred Hall Show SD and the guy there was clueless told me he could go 400 plus miles on 65 gal of fuel :rofl: I also offered to pay for all the fuel and his time for a sea trial to see if it would go that far and he didn't have much to say after that :smoking33:

Reactions: Jasen Harviston
Upvote 0

makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
There was one at Fred Hall Show SD and the guy there was clueless told me he could go 400 plus miles on 65 gal of fuel :rofl: I also offered to pay for all the fuel and his time for a sea trial to see if it would go that far and he didn't have much to say after that :smoking33:
A 115 four stroke at 8 knots might get that. That is 6mpg

Upvote 0

bwesselink

Jun 13, 2014
Name
Brandon Wesselink
Boat
21' Thresher Boats Center Console
Hey Guys,

I wanted to clarify a few things I saw mentioned above about our Thresher Boats.

First the boat is 1500lbs dry, non-rigged. This is just the boat bare. After you add the dual battery's, steering, outboard, etc. the boat weighs around 2200 lbs+. Add fuel and gear and you are around 2700 lbs.

For the fuel economy and range, I am not sure who you spoke to at the Fred Hall show? There was a lot of beer drinking going on so maybe you were talking about 2 different things? The fact is that the boat paired with the Mercury 115hp and running 58 gallons of fuel, you have about a 232 mile range. This is very conservative at 4 gallons an hour.

Your cruise speed is 20 knots at about 3700 RPM'S and you max out around 32-35 knots at around 5500 RPM'S.

We rig all of our boats at our location in San Clemente, CA by trained professionals using Mercury components and gauges. We also partner with Port Supply to get some of our "Extras" and hardware. Every boat is to USCG compliance and yes, we have a fuse panel. This year we actually are using an integrated switch / fuse panel that is bad ass.

We price our boats at $27,000 + tax including the Mercury 115 HP Command Thrust outboard, controls and components, sea star hydraulic steering, T-top and trailer. Everything minus a bait tank and electronics. We can do this because we are the importer, manufacture and dealer. No middle man (and we are not greedy!). This is the price you pay for a used boat (without warranty's)!

We give a 3 year warranty on the boat to back up the workmanship! The outboard comes with a 3-5 year warranty depending on what Mercury is offering at the time.

We are building quality boats for a great price. We don't think you should have to pull a second mortgage or be a millionaire to buy a boat!

As far as the quality goes, our sales speak for themselves. More than half our sales are from existing customer referrals or people getting on one of our boats being stoked on the performance, total package and price.

I invite anyone to reach out and check them out at our San Clemente location before you make judgment. In addition, I highly recommend that you speak to someone that has one! They love them!

Regardless, is all about getting to the fishing grounds, so whatever you are rocking be safe and have fun!

Tight Lines!

Upvote 0

Andrewxxx

Aug 25, 2014
San Diego
Name
Andrew
Boat
1985--18.5 Holiday Center Console
Hey Guys,

I wanted to clarify a few things I saw mentioned above about our Thresher Boats.

First the boat is 1500lbs dry, non-rigged. This is just the boat bare. After you add the dual battery's, steering, outboard, etc. the boat weighs around 2200 lbs+. Add fuel and gear and you are around 2700 lbs.

For the fuel economy and range, I am not sure who you spoke to at the Fred Hall show? There was a lot of beer drinking going on so maybe you were talking about 2 different things? The fact is that the boat paired with the Mercury 115hp and running 58 gallons of fuel, you have about a 232 mile range. This is very conservative at 4 gallons an hour.

Your cruise speed is 20 knots at about 3700 RPM'S and you max out around 32-35 knots at around 5500 RPM'S.

We rig all of our boats at our location in San Clemente, CA by trained professionals using Mercury components and gauges. We also partner with Port Supply to get some of our "Extras" and hardware. Every boat is to USCG compliance and yes, we have a fuse panel. This year we actually are using an integrated switch / fuse panel that is bad ass.

We price our boats at $27,000 + tax including the Mercury 115 HP Command Thrust outboard, controls and components, sea star hydraulic steering, T-top and trailer. Everything minus a bait tank and electronics. We can do this because we are the importer, manufacture and dealer. No middle man (and we are not greedy!). This is the price you pay for a used boat (without warranty's)!

We give a 3 year warranty on the boat to back up the workmanship! The outboard comes with a 3-5 year warranty depending on what Mercury is offering at the time.

We are building quality boats for a great price. We don't think you should have to pull a second mortgage or be a millionaire to buy a boat!

As far as the quality goes, our sales speak for themselves. More than half our sales are from existing customer referrals or people getting on one of our boats being stoked on the performance, total package and price.

I invite anyone to reach out and check them out at our San Clemente location before you make judgment. In addition, I highly recommend that you speak to someone that has one! They love them!

Regardless, is all about getting to the fishing grounds, so whatever you are rocking be safe and have fun!

Tight Lines!

Brandon

Does that mean the fiberglass hulls are made in your shop ?

Upvote 0

FishinMcNuggets

I've edited enough I should section this post.
  • Oct 25, 2010
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Avon 2.85 "C-¢"
    Hey Brandon,

What about taking a few of us out for an extended sea trial? With fishing involved, of course. We'll bring our own PFDs & chip in for fuel, you guys bring the EPIRB or PLB! Avalon Bank anyone? :D

-Mike

Upvote 0

bwesselink

Jun 13, 2014
    Name
    Brandon Wesselink
    Boat
    Brandon

Does that mean the fiberglass hulls are made in your shop ?

Andrew, no the hulls are made for us by a well respected marine fiberglass manufacture overseas. We bring them in blank and do all the rigging (electrical, steering, power, controls, etc.) at our shop in San Clemente.

Upvote 0

bwesselink

Jun 13, 2014
    Name
    Brandon Wesselink
    Boat
    Hey Brandon,

What about taking a few of us out for an extended sea trial? With fishing involved, of course. We'll bring our own PFDs & chip in for fuel, you guys bring the EPIRB or PLB! Avalon Bank anyone? :D

-Mike

Mike, I like your style! I wish I had time to take you guys out! Maybe once things calm down:)

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Slater

cuss on Monday,pray on Sunday,dream about one day
    Jun 1, 2006
    Lakeside
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    sold! / cattle boat
    Andrew, no the hulls are made for us by a well respected marine fiberglass manufacture overseas. We bring them in blank and do all the rigging (electrical, steering, power, controls, etc.) at our shop in San Clemente.

As most prospective buyers questioning a 3year hull warranty in comparison to other builders, you mention they are built by a well respected fiberglass / boat manufacturer...
    Can you give us information on what other hulls they build as to specific brands as would actually give someone in the market a direct comparison of quality of the craftsmanship / build...

???

Meaning, they build xxx for xxxx & these boats have been in production for 10+ years without issue, so we can do our own homework...?

Reactions: NO4NMTL
    Upvote 0

Andrewxxx

Aug 25, 2014
    San Diego
    Name
    Andrew
    Boat
    1985--18.5 Holiday Center Console

Brandon

Thanks for the reply. Will you be getting any different boats other than the 21'. I think a lot of people are looking for a pilot house in the 23' to 26' range or one of these boats like in the photo. I remember seeing a few at the Fred Hall a couple years ago, but I wasn't in the market for one then.

9.jpg

Upvote 0

duckbutter6a

Florida man living in SoCal
    Nov 15, 2014
    El Cajon
    Name
    Hank
    Boat
    Dusky 17
    They are coming out with a 24 foot center console. Hull shape looks awesome with space below the console for a head. Neither 24's were fully rigged though.

I gave Brandon a call today out of curiosity since I had never heard of Thresher Boats until recently and wanted to see for myself.

He was kind enough to invite me to their shop where his brother gave me a quick tour of the line up.

My number one concern was the Chinese made hull.

The manufacturer seemed to have over engineered the boat with a thick transom and plunty of layers of fiber glass. Alot of budget boats skip on glass especially on the sides of the hull but the 21' CC's I looked at were solid.
    The doors and fish hold lids all functioned but you could tell the molds varied alot back in China. Each lid was slightly different in fit and some hand fitting must have been done which means back in the "Glorious Peoples Boat Hull Factory #5" in China someone was making sure everything fit right...

I tried to spot inconsistencies amoung the hulls but they all looked symmetric.

As far as fitting out at the shop everything looked good and functioned. The new fused switches rock. Port Supply must love Brandon because he's fitting out his boats through their catalog. He might be buying Chinese hulls but he's investing a lot of dollars locally to get them outfitted.

I wish I could have been able to look under the decks of one of their boats but from what I could see from access hatches everything looked good.

I would like to see hear some reports of how they handle the swell/take a little abuse.

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
    Oct 18, 2012
    San Diego
    Name
    Tanner
    Boat
    1997 Proline 23 W/A
    Just saw one at SI, first one I had ever seen. Looked good, but didn't get to ask the guy about it.

Upvote 0