Three Lamiglas Bass Rods

RayRaff

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
Name
Ray
Boat
1989 Smoker Drifter
Lamiglas had a blank sale back in May, so I figured it was time to build my own set of bass rods. These are my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rods I've built so any feedback would be appreciated.

First up was the INF 863. The tip is soft but has plenty of backbone which was perfect for casting weightless plastics for fry guarders, skipping docs, even cranks.

IMG_0996.jpg

Bonus picture the first fish caught on it.

IMG_1131.jpg

Second was my first closed wrap on a SI 864 blank. I was having trouble getting the different shades of grey to pack together... I have a feeling that I was wrapping the white too tight and so it kept forcing an opening in the grey shading. This is my t-rig/jig rod.

IMG_0998.jpg

Third was a JG841ML-GTRPT, which is a composite blank with a modified st. johns cross. The bottom half of the blank looks to have the same carbon weave as the but section of the SI blanks. The top half is some other carbon. The code implies it is a medium light but it is definitely a medium power rod with a moderate action. The 3-1-2-2-1-3 shading gave me much better results than the previous two but the lighting doesn't do the darker shades justice.

IMG_0997.jpeg

All three were acid wrapped with Seaguide titanium TiXOG guides.

IMG_1001.jpeg

cmepen

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 16, 2009
Chula Vista
Name
Einar Lohner
Boat
Cabo Marine 226
Beautiful set! Nice, fish slaying, work!

bass_blaster

Professional Googan
Jan 23, 2008
La Mesa
Name
Mike
Boat
17 ft Grady White CC
Came out great. What are those reel seats? Looks like they have a small grip section built in.

RayRaff

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
Name
Ray
Boat
1989 Smoker Drifter
Came out great. What are those reel seats? Looks like they have a small grip section built in.
It is a Seaguide CCS Reel Seat. You are right that reel seat has a built in grip section although in practice most of my hand (average sized) is either griping the reel or touch the area just below the reel seat. So I mounted the reel seat on a 12in piece of carbon tubing to increase the diameter of the butt section and make that transition smooth.

I wouldn't say they are the most comfortable reel seats, but they are definitely light weight and look clean. I'm building another rod on the spinning seat version and that handle is very comfortable.

mikek

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 21, 2009
Florida
Name
Mike
Boat
Scout 162
Way too fancy for bass rods :D

They look great! Thanks for including the blank IDs and uses.