styxchaser

REALLY OLD GUY
Jun 1, 2005
OJAI, CA
Name
STYX
Boat
HAPPILY NONE
Bought this Spiral Wrapped (Acid Wrapped) rod cause I wanted to try the concept. Played with it for a while and understand the idea, but at 78 I still prefer conventional wraps.

Supposedly the idea is that by rotating the guides from the top of the rod to the underside you eliminate torque so the rod doesn’t tend to “roll” in your hand making it easier to fight big fish. I did notice this is true pulling on some weights, but I guess I’m too old to teach new tricks.

This is a custom wrapped rod using a USA made Thrasher blank, an Alps reel seat, and Fuji turbo guides. The rod is 7’6” and is rated for 30-80# line. It is in excellent condition.

Asking $190, in OJAI. Sorry, no shipping on this rod, but will meet locally in Ventura area.

DSCF3411.jpeg
DSCF3413.jpeg
DSCF3415.jpeg
DSCF3417.jpeg
DSCF3418.jpeg
DSCF3420.jpeg
DSCF3423.jpeg
DSCF3424.jpeg
DSCF3426.jpeg
DSCF3428.jpeg

styxchaser

REALLY OLD GUY
Jun 1, 2005
OJAI, CA
Name
STYX
Boat
HAPPILY NONE
ROD IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE

It looks like I bought a rod stolen from kuyamonster in July, 2020. Naturally I am cooperating with him. Just wish I hadn't spent the time and effort repairing chips and scratches on the rod.

I bought the rod on consignment from a tackle store and am sure they were not knowingly involved in anything illegal. I have provided the name of the store to kuya for his information but will not provide it to anyone else except law enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.