JohnnieB

SelFishAddiction
May 16, 2016
HereandThere
Name
JB
Boat
Unknown limits
I was fortunate to find the BD website some years ago, certainly not an old timer myself, but have read plenty to know the history. When I first joined BD I think it was in somewhat of a transition period. Since that time everytime the site goes down for maintenance it comes back with a little more ad's than before. Recently;...now' it's ad's in between ad's. It slows the whole site down, I have really good speed ...60, but even with that. it now is starting to hesitate when maneuvering around BD. I have actually had to stop visiting some of my favorite sites in the past because you can't even scroll through a conversation without getting ad's in between posts.( It's now getting the same here) So My thought's to BD Admin. "Please limit the amount of ad's" So we can enjoy the content without being annoyed by BS ADS.

ahidog

10000 atta boys
Sep 15, 2004
San Diego
Name
Tom
Boat
105', Camcraft, 85', Ditmar, 65' Noreck
What he said^^^

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
if there are fewer ads, will there be an "fewer ad surcharge" added on to my monthly subscription? If so, then I'm good with BD as the owners see fit, thank you very much. :puff:

Reactions: gecsr1

JohnnieB

SelFishAddiction
May 16, 2016
HereandThere
Name
JB
Boat
Unknown limits
Guys I understand the costs associated with websites, I also understand the servers speed and the amount of content at which that server runs smoothly. I installed the blocker and it works well, but the server still hesitates because there is beginning to be more content than the server can process. Websites also come to a point of costs vs profits.

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
Guys I understand the costs associated with websites, I also understand the servers speed and the amount of content at which that server runs smoothly. I installed the blocker and it works well, but the server still hesitates because there is beginning to be more content than the server can process. Websites also come to a point of costs vs profits.
well maybe you should just find another fishing website to enjoy...
as most the members here are very happy with how it is and perhaps your not happy with it... good luck with your search
ceya..

af dreamer

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
I would pay a small annual members fee just to NOT see all the ads.Seem way worse on my Ipad than on my desktop.Tom

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver/Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
I got banned for 3 days just for suggesting another member might be happier on another website.

I don't see any ads and it is plenty fast on my end!

Thanks BD.

Reactions: mike mitchell

esgeo

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 12, 2015
Tulsa, OK
Name
Eric
Boat
Feelfree Lure 11.5
The slowness of your computer on the website might have less to do with the website and more to do with all the things your computer/tablet/phone browser is trying to figure out when you go to the website. My father in law was visiting me a few weeks ago and was constantly complaining of how terrible our home internet was- basically it wouldn’t even work for him. Meanwhile I was online working from home during much of his visit, getting real time data without interruption 24/7 so I knew there was no issue with the internet. His issue was entirely his computer. I’ve noticed internet speed/responsiveness probably depends more on how often you restart your computer, upgrade your browser and operating system, clean out system caches, what kind of sites you visit, how much malware in on your computer/phone, etc... than how fast your home internet is. Interacting with the internet requires computers to send/receive/process so much useless (to us) information, and anything anomalous in these interactions definitely makes the situation worse. I would suggest trying to address all of the above if you haven’t. I mostly use mobile devices (iPad, phone) to go to fishing websites and typically use google chrome as a browser, so maybe there is some benefit in that as well. Hope you find some relief from your issues.

Reactions: Whalebreath

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
Well that’s a typical BD response, good on ya! And here’s one back at ya, fckUToo! :finger:
wow well thank you, I guess that hit a sore spot.. another internet know it all...that can't take a joke...
and thank you and have a nice day......

Reactions: eric harner

writebrian

... and I'm 6'5"
Jan 16, 2007
Arizona
Name
Brian
Boat
Whoever is Hot that week
I’ve noticed internet speed/responsiveness probably depends more on how often you restart your computer, upgrade your browser and operating system, clean out system caches, what kind of sites you visit, how much malware in on your computer/phone, etc... than how fast your home internet is.
Do all that ^^^^ or just buy a MacBook and run over your PC with a truck.

Reactions: kbray001 and gecsr1

BloodyL

Throwing everything I got
Jan 4, 2009
Placentia
Name
Mick
Boat
The Beach
I give Ali a reach around when requested and bingo!
No ads for me. YMV

Reactions: ahidog

willit float

Jun 7, 2008
South Cal
Name
Em
Boat
20' Livesay Offshore Utility
All they have to do is figure out how fast I get in here check things out then bail when it used to be neat and I would occasionally pause to look at pop ups and cookie tracker ads from stuff I looked at last shopping in recent days/weeks. Now I just get annoyed and close down, actually giving me more time to do other things, who’d of thunk that.

Reactions: JohnnieB