Thoughts and prayers for the Llanes family in Kona.

Soremouth'r

Sep 14, 2008
Area 7
Name
Blake
Boat
26' Duckworth Offshore "Bad Influence"
http://www.grindtv.com/fishing/rand...own-for-his-aloha-spirit/#FosYjrw00Blqc2cV.97

Dont know how many of you saw this but I had the pleasure of meeting, spending time, and fishing with Randy Llanes while on vacation in Kona two years ago. He was a very good friend of my friend who I went to Kona with and through her I met him and his family. The article is spot on, this is no bullshit one of the nicest people with the biggest heart i'd ever met. Such a tragedy.

Reactions: J.C. and Cornfed
Upvote 0

wa_docholliday

doc holliday
Jul 11, 2013
Lynnwood,wa
Name
Ryan Holliday
Boat
doc holliday
I've had the honor and privilege of knowing and fishing with randy. He is truely one of a kind and would give anything to anyone the first day I met randy we were down in the harbor and one of the capts was down on his luck and randy had caught about a 180lb tuna and the guy walked by saying man he missed the taste of it and so without hesitation randy says come back in an hour he marinated it pulled out his BBQ and had it waiting when the guy returned. And that's how he was on a daily basis and this was all in a matter of ten minutes after meeting him. And from then on knew we would be good friends and we have been ever since

Reactions: J.C. and Team Sency
Upvote 0

Sockeye71

If it swims... we will hunt it down and club it!
Jul 5, 2011
Maple Valley
Name
Dave
Boat
Olympic 26' XLC "Sea Monkey"
http://www.grindtv.com/fishing/rand...own-for-his-aloha-spirit/#FosYjrw00Blqc2cV.97

In 1980 my Dad bought our 1st offshore boat from Kenny Llanes Sr and the entire Llanes family took us under their wing - WHEN it was NOT popular to be from the mainland AND fishing their waters!

Kenny, Randy, and Bomboy, all showed us all their in & outs and helped us rig our boat and "fish". True members of the "brotherhood"1

I remember Kenny Sr throwing me into Honokahau Harbor when I cracked a smart-ass joke about the Captain.....awesome family.

Randy RIP....

Dave Brabo and family

Reactions: J.C. and Cornfed
Upvote 0