Those Damn Bergalls!

azbaseball

Apr 2, 2007
la mesa ca
Name
mike de vito
Boat
20ft nitro
Bergalls were a target when we were kids back in the 60s at sheepshead bay. Ultra light fresh water gear and some squid or clams
we were on for hours. We never kept them but enjoyed their fight. The tinker blues also were a blast. Thank you for the memories

Reactions: mrbrklyn
Upvote 0

Northeastfshman

I see OJ
  • Dec 20, 2008
    San Clemente
    Name
    Brett Weinberg
    Boat
    Parker 2120SCDV
    Bergalls were a target when we were kids back in the 60s at sheepshead bay. Ultra light fresh water gear and some squid or clams
    we were on for hours. We never kept them but enjoyed their fight. The tinker blues also were a blast. Thank you for the memories

Whitting... remeber the winter Whiting fishing in Ambrose

Reactions: azbaseball
    Upvote 0

azbaseball

Apr 2, 2007
    la mesa ca
    Name
    mike de vito
    Boat
    20ft nitro
    Yes i d
    Whitting... remeber the winter Whiting fishing in Ambrose
    Yes i do and the lings some the size of baseball bats. I remember going out with capt. Al Cooley on the Betty W for cod in the dead of the winter. Sitting in that small cabin with the fumes Ah great memories. I fish a lot with Big Lou Shobel. We would back the ice away from the boat in the winter and run to the texas tower for Cod

Reactions: mrbrklyn
    Upvote 0

bdogie1

• May 27, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    getsome
    for Breakfast - they are perfect sized

Reactions: Larry S
    Upvote 0

mrbrklyn

http://www.brooklyn-fishing.com/
    Sep 25, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    Name
    Ruben
    Boat
    70 foot
    It seems all the good old standard fish stocks are slowly starting to dwindle, and one day all we may have, is, memories.
    Whiting was agressively destroyed by foriegn fishing trollers. That would be illegal now with the 200 mile border.

Upvote 0

Mickeyfin

Mickeyfin
    Jul 18, 2003
    santa monica,ca.
    Name
    Mickeyfin
    Boat
    no
    Tinker blues? I think we called them cocktail blues (baby bluefish). I used to take my kids with family friends to fish for them in the Shinicock Canal. Spent many a day fishing and swimming there. My buddy was bit in the stomach trying to unhook a baby blue. Left multiple punctures the size of a dime. 10 years later and 20 lbs heavier the wound grew to silver $ size.
    Fished the Sheepshead Bay boats for nighttime blue fishing. That was absolute mayhem
    Mick

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

azbaseball

Apr 2, 2007
    la mesa ca
    Name
    mike de vito
    Boat
    20ft nitro
    Tinker blues? I think we called them cocktail blues (baby bluefish). I used to take my kids with family friends to fish for them in the Shinicock Canal. Spent many a day fishing and swimming there. My buddy was bit in the stomach trying to unhook a baby blue. Left multiple punctures the size of a dime. 10 years later and 20 lbs heavier the wound grew to silver $ size.
    Fished the Sheepshead Bay boats for nighttime blue fishing. That was absolute mayhem
    Mick
    Yes cocktail blues were the 1-3 pounders the tinkers were less than 1/2 a pound we also used them as fluke bait better the cut bunker cheers enjoy this Memorial Day Weekend the official start of summer at the rockaways

Upvote 0

mrbrklyn

http://www.brooklyn-fishing.com/
    Sep 25, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    Name
    Ruben
    Boat
    70 foot
    these are not blues, cocktails or otherwise. These are Begalls or Cunnors.

Upvote 0