Stanley Orchard

Almost A Member
Aug 16, 2020
Corpus Christi, TX
Name
Stanley Orchard
Boat
SEA HUNT / FREEMAN
My wife's family came down from Wisconsin to South Texas, their first time visiting salt water (and the beach). Conditions were really rough the first few days and fishing was tough so I my nephews out for some perch fishing in the Marina. We had an absolute blast! Had more fun catching those little perch than we did targeting sharks and reds the entire rest of the week! Just goes to show you are never further than a few perch from landing the coveted 'Greatest Uncle Ever' award!

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
That looks like fun.Some of my favorite memories were fishing docks and canals in Florida and Long Island.

Stanley Orchard
Stanley Orchard
Same here... I grew up in Corpus Christi and it was a common weekend past-time to head down to the sea wall for some fishing. Great times.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

eat'm_raw

person of interest
  • Mar 7, 2006
    Santa Barbara
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    15 ' Hobie Power Skiff
    Damn straight! Used to love fishing the docks at lakes with my little brother when we were kids. Nothing like a wide-open panfish bite.

Heck, my buddies and I used to have a little honey-hole up on the local river that was like that during the summer. Every cast under the shade of one particular tree was instant hookup. Ridiculously fun on ultralight gear. That kind of fishing brings out the kid in you, no matter how old you are.

Reactions: One_Leg and plj46
    Stanley Orchard
    Stanley Orchard
    Wholeheartedly agree! Man I was having just as much fun watching them as they were catching. I won't lie, it makes me hungry for perch too!
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0