THIS IS IT!!! The 20th Annual Halibut Classic!!

Phat Boat

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
30 pound second place...sigh

Hali_torney.jpg

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Sunday morning reminder.

Get your teams together and come join us this year for the 20th year of the "After Thanksgiving Halibut Classic"

Get those entries in early and secure your spot. :D:D

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

LTBOLTMAN

Team Tail Chasers
Oct 15, 2006
Alpine
Name
Leoman
Boat
Davis Bahia 25 Pilot House
Bummer you can't join us this year Chris, but it sounds like you have a killer trip in store!

Yep, some years all it takes is a single digit fish to win....ya just never know!

Definitely looking forward to seeing Leo and Tim back again for this 20th year.....really hope they make it.

Wishin' I could; going in for knee surgery on Nov. 17th, so I'll be landlocked - all the best Mike, it's always been a fun tournament with great $$$, good luck.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Postpone the surgery!!!

LOL Jk dude!

Well that's a bummer man, really wish you could join us, especially this year.... but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

Wishn' you all the best on the surgery Leo....have a great Thanksgiving! ;)

Reactions: LTBOLTMAN
Upvote 0

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
Aug 23, 2004
Cali the state of confusion, the state of shock
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
Wishin' I could; going in for knee surgery on Nov. 17th, so I'll be landlocked - all the best Mike, it's always been a fun tournament with great $$$, good luck.
we can load you in a wheel chair onto my boat.

Reactions: One_Leg
Upvote 0

Irishman

Irishman
  • Jul 20, 2004
    La Mesa
    Name
    Alan
    Boat
    n/a
    If anybody needs an extra please PM me...I’m happy to assist with entry fees, am a responsible 48 year old that’s salty, willing to do put in $$$$ for boat and bait costs and so on, team oriented etc etc.....fuck it I just wanna fish and I’ll help win a place...done my share of kayak fishing in around Zuniga jetty...it’s no hidden secrets where the flatties are at

Upvote 0

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
    Aug 23, 2004
    Cali the state of confusion, the state of shock
    Name
    RICK
    Boat
    Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
    If anybody needs an extra please PM me...I’m happy to assist with entry fees, am a responsible 48 year old that’s salty, willing to do put in $$$$ for boat and bait costs and so on, team oriented etc etc.....fuck it I just wanna fish and I’ll help win a place...done my share of kayak fishing in around Zuniga jetty...it’s no hidden secrets where the flatties are at
    zuniga is off limits....

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Saturday reminder!!

Come join us for this years 20th year special of the "After Thanksgiving Halibut Classic"

It's a great tournament with a bunch of cool people and just an overall fun vibe, followed up afterwards with food, giveaways and the weigh-ins and check presentations.

Get your teams together and get those entries in to secure your spot in this years 20th year of the event.

The unknown fishermam:p:

Reactions: Northeastfshman
    Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC

What Rick said.....the tournament boundries are North of Mission Bay Jetty to O'side. Any fishing South of the Mission Bay Jetty would be off limits and result in a DQ. ;)

In a few days I'll try and start a new thread in regards to teams possibly looking for anglers, or anglers looking to possibly fish on someones boat as part of the team.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Tuesday evening reminder!

I'm getting some good feedback on new teams this year, so make sure and rally up your team and get those entries in to secure your spot in this years 20th year of the Halibut Classic.

Also, I will be putting in shirt orders soon, so I need a good idea of how many needed of various sizes.....otherwise I just wing it with a random guess of sizes, and once we're out of a size, then we are out.

Also make sure you guys let me know if you want long sleeve this year, as it's an option.

I will be sending out reminder texts to the past few years teams, and you guys can then let me know shirt sizes and how many then.

Once November gets here, that's when the entries will start coming in, so keep that in mind with this year being the 20th, as I'm expecting it to bump up this year and possibly max out.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Another quick Halibut Classic reminder.....we are just over 30 days away, and once November hits, that's when the entries start trickling in at first, and as the days go by it all picks up.

I'm thinking this year the number of teams fishing will go up being the 20th year special. I sent out reminders to all last years teams as well as some others, and the feedback was very solid at this point, plus I know of quite a few new teams that have expressed they are joining us this year.

All that said, just reminding those of you who plan on fishing to start making arrangements and getting your teams lined up and getting those entries sent in within the upcoming few weeks to MAKE SURE you lock yourself in.

Also make sure you try to beat the late entry date, by getting those early bird entries in on time, as all entries fees will be adjusted to the appropriate fees given the dates and times received, so make sure not to cut it too close, as those dates and fees will be strictly enforced, as there is tons of time to get those entries in by the earlybird date and receive that early entry price. ;)

Thanks guys.....it's gonna be fun!! :D

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Hey Mike,

I don’t see an address to send entries, did I miss it?

Hey Justin, I'm at work rt now (on break), but its on the tournament website. Click on the entry rules page and it's right there.

It also should be at the bottom of your printed out entry form, although it seems a few printers seem to cut off the bottom.

I don't have the P.O. Box number in front of me rt now or I would pass it on.

The website is.....
    www.halibutclassic.com

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Billy V

Seabass Commando
    Aug 26, 2007
    San Diego
    Name
    Billy
    Boat
    Parker 2310 DV / Kayak
    Mike - this Tourney needs to live On. It's bigger than anyone of us.
    Classic Moments like this.....
    When we pranked my friend who didn't want to fish that day.....lmao
    enhance

Reactions: ?? fisherman
    Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Wednesday morning reminder.

Come join us in this years 20th Anniversary of the Halibut Classic!!

This is now the time to start focusing on getting those entries in, as we are just a hair over 3 weeks away from tournament time.

You can save now buy entering in at the early entry price which is good until November 20th, and just two more weeks from today.

Dana Landing on Mission Bay will once again be the headliner of the event, and will be providing some good eats once you guys all come back in for the weigh-ins and awards.

Just another reminder and recap, that the morning check-ins will take place at our normal location and right by the top of the dock ramp at the Dana tackle and market store, as ALL teams must check in to receive their bag with required grid maps.

So get your teams together and come join us for the 20th Halibut Classic on Saturday November 30th.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Just a little heads up.....

I will be sending out confirmation notices later this evening/tonight to those who's entries have been received.

They are now coming in, so make sure and get yours in while the early entry price is in effect.

And we very much welcome any new teams this year, as long as those entries get to us in time or before it possibly fills up.

Upvote 0

Iron Rod

I'm here for you grass hopper
    Aug 14, 2012
    Long beach
    Name
    Mack
    Boat
    All off them. Usually.
    With 67 pound YFT and BFT in the 120s on fly line 30#.? The bottom stuff is welcome . I can't even give away Tuna any-more.
    I smile at this problem . Ànd I love it..

Reactions: ?? fisherman
    Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Ok guys, confirmation notices were sent to all teams in which their entries have been received since yesterday.

At this point, once entries are received, you should get entry confirmation in 1-3 days.

Once again, NEW TEAMS are very much welcome to join in this years event as long as spaces are still available.

Along with the Halibut Classic past teams, we're looking forward to seeing some new faces and teams this year! ;)

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Just sent out more notices to teams who's entries were received today.

So if you sent in an entry at least 2 or more days ago, you should have received an entry confirmation from me or personally heard from me.

We are just a tad over 3 weeks from tournament day, and just 11 days from the early entry deadline.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    A little Saturday afternoon update.

For those who for some reason might have computer issues in regards to printing out an entry form, I have now dropped off entry forms at Dana Landing on Mission Bay (right next to the launch ramp) and also Squidco for your convenience should you wish to get a form there rather than printing one out.

The entry forms at these locations come with a rules page. Please read up on the rules and understand them, as once the tournament starts, these rules will be strictly in place for all.

I also picked up some new entries in the mail today, and have now sent out the "Entry Received" notifications to all the teams who's entries have been received up to this point.

If you sent in an entry form in the past 3 days or more, and have not received notification, then you might want to get in touch with me, because generally it takes only a day or two to reach me when sending local.

It's getting closer, so get those entries in before the early entry fee deadline. ;)

Upvote 0