Rambo33

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 25, 2018
California
Name
Richard
Boat
Deep sea
I’ve been fishing exclusively out of Seaforth landing on the San Diego Full day and have gotten good luck Everytime. Planning on doing another full day in mid October but thinking of maybe jumping on an overnighter instead. I live in Orange County so the drive is about 1.25 hours. How’s the Tribute overnighters? And what would the fishing day agenda usually consist of on the overnighters.

Reactions: Peg North

surfgoose

active geezer
Jul 29, 2010
Long Beach, CA, USA
Name
Gary
Boat
whichever has the longest bunk
Tribute is a fine operation, you will have fun. Leaving the evening before means that you get to the fishing area in the dark, and sometimes that means that you can get up at 4 or 5am and start fishing. An overnight trip gives you many more hours of fishing time compared with a day trip, and usually you will go farther away. After a solid morning of fishing, by early afternoon they usually have to start heading back home. You can catch a nap on the way back in.

Reactions: marlyn and Rambo33
May 11, 2017
oc
Name
Joe Mama
Boat
none
Up vote for the Tribute. Clean boat, fishy captain, and good crew. I do the drive from OC all the time, have not encountered to much traffic and made it down there with plenty of time to spend to much money at the tackle shop and grab a burrito from the restaurant at the landing.

Reactions: Rambo33

Shimano Penn

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 3, 2014
Chula Vista
Name
David
Boat
Fond Memory
Jump straight to a 1.5, skip the "overnight" trips. Anything with a .5 means drive all night (you are sleeping) and fish all day into the evening. Drive home all night (you are sleeping) and arrive fresh in the morning for the drive home and clean up. 8-)

Rambo33

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 25, 2018
California
Name
Richard
Boat
Deep sea
Is it just me or does the full day boats post better numbers than the overnighters ( San Diego fleet)

edit: I think ima stop complaining and jump on a overnighter! Tribute it is lol thanks guys.
My biggest reel is a penn fathom 25NLD2, should be good enough right ?

Last edited:

JamesTaylor

Question Everything
Jan 7, 2019
Cypress, Ca
Name
James Taylor
Boat
Not yet
Is it just me or does the full day boats post better numbers than the overnighters ( San Diego fleet)

edit: I think ima stop complaining and jump on a overnighter! Tribute it is lol thanks guys.
My biggest reel is a penn fathom 25NLD2, should be good enough right ?
Guys have caught tuna 70 80 90 lbs on the 15ld2 so the 25nld2 should be good for 100 120 lb fish but it might start getting sketchy if you hook a mean one. I’d say your good on an overnighter though but after your trip look into getting a fathom 40nld2 and bring it with you on every trip. You never know and it’s better to have it and not need it than the other way around

Rambo33

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 25, 2018
California
Name
Richard
Boat
Deep sea
Planning to do an overnighter Monday oct 12.
Would you guys recommend Thunderbird out of Davey’s locker (Orange County)
Or tribute out of Seaforth Lansing (San diego)

Hope to maybe run into bft or dorado because that’s the species I’ve yet to catch!

kichigai1

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 2, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Michael
Boat
none
You can always do the Thunderbird, Can you always go on the Tribute?
as far as equipment your fine. Just sorta got my personal best YFT on 20 lb. with a little help.