64 sleeper

Father Fisherman Hunter
Nov 30, 2012
Santa Ynez/CA/USA
Name
Erik
Boat
North River Seahawk
I think Parker 25s are wider than defiance 25s. That is good and bad. Good for space, bad if it is too wide to go down highway without permit. That is why I liked defiance. Because I tow my boat all over the place. Love the construction and look of defiance maybe I will get a nice used one someday. There are a couple of good YouTube videos on them.

Chtucker

Lowe boat denter
Feb 15, 2012
Sunshine State, AKA NOT.. Kirkland, WA
Name
Howard
Boat
Double Trouble 28' Armstrong
I don't think that is a fair assessment of stock boat. The current owner admits poor weight distribution and the boat has been modified significantly. The pilot house has added weight up high.

I have never ridden on a 25 stock or not Defiance, but I don't think it is fair to put the blame on this boat handling like crap.

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
Aug 10, 2008
Lacey WA
Name
Mike
Boat
17' Thor-Built Sled, 27' NorthRiver OS
When thinking about dropping $100k on a boat, I recommend taking a ride on your top 3 brands of boats..

Load them Heavy, take 5-6 of your biggest friends with you. Fill bait tanks or fishboxes with water See how the boat performs and also how it sits in the water. Are your feet wet or dry? Does it feel heavy or unstable? Is there adequate freeboard? Are the motor(s) adequate?
Lots of new and also lots of lightly used boats can be purchase for that kind of coin.
Do your due diligence and you will come home with a sweet setup!

fishchasr

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 1, 2009
Bremerton, WA
Name
Greg
Boat
2052 Trophy "Reelaxation"
I don't think that is a fair assessment of stock boat. The current owner admits poor weight distribution and the boat has been modified significantly. The pilot house has added weight up high.

I have never ridden on a 25 stock or not Defiance, but I don't think it is fair to put the blame on this boat handling like crap.
I'm pretty sure Todd has corrected the "modifications" that contributed to G-Spot's demise.

Clockwork

Feb 16, 2011
covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat
GW Marlin
I think Parker 25s are wider than defiance 25s. That is good and bad. Good for space, bad if it is too wide to go down highway without permit. That is why I liked defiance. Because I tow my boat all over the place. Love the construction and look of defiance maybe I will get a nice used one someday. There are a couple of good YouTube videos on them.
That extra foot and a half pays dividends in many ways. Way more stable which is o particular concern in this case and ads alot of square footage.

A parker 25 is 9.5ft wide as is my 25 grady. Noone i know buys a permit for a 9.5 beam boat even though its technically required.

blackelk

Wishing I was Tuna fishing
Sep 11, 2010
Montesano, Wa
Name
Mike
Boat
22' Osprey and 16' hewscraft jet sled
I'm pretty sure Todd has corrected the "modifications" that contributed to G-Spot's demise.
curious as to what modifications have been changed now. Seems the forward facing cabin is the same as the san Juan model Defiance produces.

Reactions: Clockwork

Swede

Yachtless
May 2, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Name
Swede
Boat
Kristen Lee
He simply removed the hundreds of pounds of excessive cutting board railing material added to the boat from the previous owner.

Emzbuddy

I miss sports
Mar 13, 2008
Bothell, WA
Name
Doug
Boat
Defiance 250 (Doris Ann), Wellcraft 26 (Doug Out, Whaler 16 SL (Bull Pen) Livingston 8 (Short Stop)
A-K, your plan is solid. stick with it. Twin Yam 150's and bait tank (must haves)
Defiance makes great boats! I'm loving my 250 Admiral, as are my family and friends. I've never felt more confident and safer on the water.

With any large purchase only you can answer the important questions. 1) Is it what YOU WANT? Did you get a fair price YOU are willing to pay? After that, it's cake.
There are a bunch of great boats out there. Enjoy the journey.

Reactions: goatram

TimeZoned

24’ Hewes Alaskan
Apr 27, 2013
Port Orchard
Name
Jeff
Boat
24’ Hewes Alaskan
A parker 25 is 9.5ft wide as is my 25 grady. Noone i know buys a permit for a 9.5 beam boat even though its technically required.
I by the permit. Why would you take the chance on having the insurance deny your claim if something happened because you didn't have the correct permit. They are easy to get and only cost $20/mo and you can get them for whatever time frame you want them for. Seems like a no brainer to me

Meatline

Skipper
Jul 9, 2009
Edgewood, WA
Name
Bryan
Boat
REEL LIES- Pursuit 3000 Cummins
A-K, send me a pm and I will be happy to answer any questions reference Defiance boats. I have owned the 195, 220 and a 250 set up exactly how you mentioned. My family and I have owned a lot of different boats and I settled with Defiance because of the quality, cost and the fact that the factory is in our backyard. Not to mention those boats catch fish, just visit the Defiance boats at the docks!

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy
I'd look at a Grady 232 if I was shopping in that range. I think that's one heck of a boat for the size. Should be able to find a decent used one too. I prefer to buy used and let someone else take the depreciation hit and do the typical upgrades.

I don't know if the newer 250s are any different, but I've seen a couple that sit too low in the stern for my liking.

Buzz2401

Boat HO
Jun 29, 2009
Shelton, Wa USA
Name
Russ
Boat
glass
Do your self a favor and buy used. If you have to ask how much the payment is then you can't afford it. Plan on $1000 plus a month when you add in payment, insurance, maintenance and actually using it. You gain absolutely nothing by buying new except a little better interest rate. I would also suggest looking at a Parker or a Grady 232.

TwoTapPat

Crank the handle Randle
May 22, 2013
some where on the water
Name
Pat
Boat
High on the Goat
I would take a good look at a Parker. But aluminum always looks better.

Last edited:

Chtucker

Lowe boat denter
Feb 15, 2012
Sunshine State, AKA NOT.. Kirkland, WA
Name
Howard
Boat
Double Trouble 28' Armstrong
I would take a good look at a Parker. Much better boat and the fit and finish is a lot nicer.
Can talk about anything in a thread, off topic or whatever... but discuss a potential issue with a Defiance and it gets deleted...

Parkers are great, Grady Whites are great, World Cats are great, North Rivers are awesome... Just don't discuss an event that occurred once and almost twice with a Defiance..

FishPimpII

Shopping for a boat...
Jul 27, 2009
Seattle, Wa
Name
Jeff Nelson
Boat
Deckhand of "JuiceboxII" And soon to be captain of fishpimpiii
Can talk about anything in a thread, off topic or whatever... but discuss a potential issue with a Defiance and it gets deleted...

Parkers are great, Grady Whites are great, World Cats are great, North Rivers are awesome... Just don't discuss an event that occurred once and almost twice with a Defiance..
Defiance is a good local company working hard to sell a good (improving) product. Just do your due diligence regarding issues with older or modified versions of that boat.
They are a good sponsor of this website we all enjoy and a supporter of the sport locally so props to them for that. I will even give them a look when I go boat shopping in a couple years but I will also take into account problems in the past and safety and stability will be paramount in my search.
I would also encourage you to look hard at Parker and Grady for what you descride looking for but ymmv.
Good luck in your search

Last edited:
Reactions: TwoTapPat

Red4

Jul 27, 2012
Covington WA USA
Name
Nick
Boat
SOLD
If you are dead-set on buying a new boat and have the means then buy what you want. If you are open to a used boat, you will be way ahead with a boat ready to go and plenty of extra cheddar to spend on fuel. I would also say have a look at a Parker as well, there aren't a whole lot of used Defiance's around and if you have particular requirements like a rear station, twins, whatever you are even lowering your chances of getting what you want. Check out the used east coast market and you will get a lot more boat for the money