pastdue

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 18, 2006
Mira Mesa
Name
Don Cale
Boat
18.5 Larsen cc Pastdue
Anyone pulling there boat with a 2007 4 Runner? I have 18.5 CC with 55 gal. fuel tank. will it pull it V6 Auto. will I need mods like coolers or springs??

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
I have a 2007 v-8 4- Runner....what is the total weight of your rig wet?

you should have no problems towing.....as far as aux oil coolers for tranny and engine it depends on ambient towing temps and what types of grades you will encounter.

if you are going to add aux oil coolers consult with the Toyota dealer for their recommendation.

my 4-runner came with the tow package to include the coolers....tows like a dream.....your suspension will be fine.

JoshuaD

Surfing or fishing somewhere
Nov 30, 2007
Surfing or Fishing somewhere
Name
Josh
Boat
Livingston 155 “Sushi Zone”
You should be ok. I have a 2006 Tacoma V6 and I towed my 20ft CC which had a 100gal tank and a dual axle galvanized trailer. Going up hill sucked, but the flats were fine.

umoa

silent
Feb 28, 2006
unknown
Name
jimmy
Boat
18' starcraft "big knockers"
depending on if it has tow package, it may already have a cooler and a heavy duty radiator.

i tow with a 2000 4runner 2x4.

Last edited:

seriola_killer

Mar 24, 2008
Hurst, Tx
Name
Jerry
Boat
The Moose Knuckle
Anyone pulling there boat with a 2007 4 Runner? I have 18.5 CC with 55 gal. fuel tank. will it pull it V6 Auto. will I need mods like coolers or springs??

Not the right configuration to pull your rig. Don't do it, you'll be pissed at yourself.

JMHO, but you need to be looking at something along the lines of a V8 Durango (hands down BEST IN CLASS towing). And, for what it's worth, they aren't complete pieces of shit anymore. Since the restructuring of Chrysler with the UAW leeches, they've been able to put previously stolen money into the quality of their cars.

*disclaimer: yes, I do sell these products, but I sell quite a few different makes and models. P.M. me if you have any questions.

sandiegosteve

Fish nerd
Feb 5, 2007
San Diego
Name
Steve
Boat
Lil' Defiance Pilothouse
I think my 4 Runner is an 08, V6. Rated for what, 5000#? Not sure. I pull a Defiance 195 Yellowtail with it almost every week, but I live about 2 miles from Dana Landing so I don't go far. No problems pulling it out of the water there or SI, even with a near full tank, some gear and a guy in the boat.

Plenty of stopping power which may be more important.

Came from the factory with the towing package (oil and transmission cooler). I know some folks have added air bags to the read suspension, but I haven't.

pastdue

May 18, 2006
Mira Mesa
Name
Don Cale
Boat
18.5 Larsen cc Pastdue
Thanks for all the info. I got the 4 runner pulls better than my 1997 F150 xlt But now the gas price sucks look what I found at Costco htpt://www.sandiegogasprices.com/index.aspx?fuel=A&station=Costco&dl=Y&intro=Y

C.Obsession

Oct 20, 2011
Matagorda
Name
Zach Phillips
Boat
Whatever floats your boat
Yes. Toyotas are tanks. Me and a friend pulled a 26 foot glacier bay with a Tacoma that had a broken leaf spring.