gnehekul

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
I have a barely used. (Might have just put a reel on it) okuma Catalina 701ml. It's a decent rod for your little guy to catch some fish with. Yours if you want it. I'm in sgv

Ben yarbrough

Fishing 5-O
Aug 9, 2014
Central Cali
Name
Salty sue
Boat
24 skipjack fb
Well folks,, Just when you've given up on humanity then all the people here on bloody decks come out with a one, two punch. People are sending all kinds of stuff to this little guy. He's making out like a fishing bandit!!

Sounds like I'm going to have the pleasure of taking Arima Bob out for some Northern California bay/delta striper. And he's gifting Jacob with a sweet custom rod!!!

I can't wait till he starts cranking in the stripers on that bad boy. What a great example of what good people can do with bad circumstances. (Hopefully we can remember that if Hillary gets elected).

I think I'm gonna take this mishap and go one step further this next year.

We go annually for ten days at Catalina. It's the biggest trip we do every year and we always look forward to the kids fishing derby. To shine a light on the shady 2016 pirate experience, next year I'm going to have Jacob pick out a new rod and reel combo to donate it for a derby prize. Not that there's anything wrong with the usual prizes like an ice cream cone or bowling at the arcade!!

We are so fortunately blessed and with all the grace bloody decks has shown us, I hope we can add that extra unexpected wow factor on some other kids trip!!

Thanks everyone!! Really impressive showing of class and grace!!

Ben

Jacob Yarbrough
7201 rhapsody ln
Hughson, ca 95326

Last edited:

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
I have a number of donated rods and reels that I had gathered for the charity I was trying to start, and I even picked up a power wrapper to repair those rods. I need to work more on my wrapping and finishing skills, but I might just be able to put together a combo for you to donate at next years tournament. I'll have to spend some more time with Mr. Salvador to get those skills down to where I'm confident in my wrapping ability.

jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
Aug 16, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Name
Jeff Dalton
Boat
21' Parker/Stealth Stix
Hey Ben, sorry to hear about the thieves. Sounds like you guys opted to fish the island as opposed to venturing offshore. Maybe I can join you guys next year for a couple days.

Reactions: Ben yarbrough

1steveT

Nov 22, 2010
Carp, CA, USA
Name
Steve T.
Boat
soon2B
Ben, I'll give you Frankie.

Frankie is an old school glass rod that has been custom wrapped. It's about a 6'6 ML15# stick paired with a Penn Squider narrow frame. It was given to me to donate for a kids fishing charity that I was trying to get started (whole other story). Anyway, the rod and reel were refinished by Ray Salvador, and is a hot little combo. I promised I would give it to a kid, and I think this is a fitting circumstance. I'll post a couple pics. It's a true classic that I think your son will enjoy.

---------------------------
Pretty damn classy there.
You are a good man Charlie Brown.
:notworthy

Reactions: Arima-bob

lwarden

Mar 3, 2012
San Diego/CA/USA
Name
Laurence
Boat
Rock Steady, Shamrock 260 Express
One of the only pieces of fishing gear I've had stolen was on the Avalon pier, and that was about 40 years ago. I was my prized tackle box that I had paid for with money from mowing lawns and such. Guess the thieves are still working that pier. Someone who steals kids fishing gear is below slime. I think a sting operation is in order. Glad someone stepped up to help.