sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
i'd rather have someone steal $100 from me on a short trip than spend $3500 on a charter for 7-8 days with a bunch of arrogant, in the way, know it all drunks....

Most (notice I said most not all) the guys on the long trips couldn't hang a yellowtail at the islands or a bluefin in a plunker bite if they tried. The reason they go on those trips is because they suck at fishing, and need it to be wide open to catch a fish.

Reactions: maxbowride
Upvote 0

johndtuttle

Angler/Client
  • Mar 20, 2008
    Carmel, CA
    Name
    john
    Boat
    not crazy enough yet
    "hope you find that the longer you go from SD the better the people and the fishing usually gets."

johndtuttle, is this really what you want to say ? If so, I suggest you stay in Carmel and keep your opinion of my home town to yourself. :Emoticon_Potty_Time I'm sure you really impressed the half day, full day, and SD Bay professional captains with that statement :ashamed:

Fair enough. I'll let you interpret it any way you want but I don't recall saying anything bad about SD? Nor do I think you (or they) would dispute that the YT bite is generally better at Cedros or on the Ridge than off La Jolla?

I bet you don't find too many wallet thieves on a 21 day to Clipperton either though, anything is possible...

:Pillow_Fi That's all I was trying to say, sorry you took offense.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
    Apr 4, 2003
    Tucson
    Visit site
    Name
    David Tang
    Boat
    Intrepid
    I can only speak for the Intrepid, they have cameras running 24/7 and they include the passageways, galley, stern, etc. If someone's cash went missing on the Intrepid, it is easy to watch the recording to see who entered the stateroom. Only two belong, all others are suspects..easily solved. I fish with a known group of anglers, for the most part. No reason to steal as they would all give you anything they had if you needed it.

Yep……see you in July Chris.

Upvote 0

stevefwolfe

Almost A Member
    May 19, 2008
    Westminster
    Name
    Wolf
    Boat
    yes I have one
    At this point kill this thread and tell your friend to buy a f-ing boat. That way if he blew it on hookers and booze he can blame the Mexican Navy when they boarded his rig.

Upvote 0

maxsdad

Short, fat, bald, toothless, no-ass old fart.
    Feb 20, 2014
    Palm Springs, CA
    Name
    Bob
    Boat
    SS Exgotit
    When I used to travel and carry cash, I'd write down the serial numbers of big bills ($50's and 100's) and carry one copy with me and keep a second in my car. On one long mission a crew member lost several thousand dollars, and there were 3 of us with wads of cash large enough to deserve a look. There was really no way to KNOW if one of us stole the money, but after we landed, the list in my car removed all doubt about it being me. It was also a great way to trace MY money if it ever 'disappeared'. Making the list is something I STILL do when carrying cash, but now I can just photocopy the bills.

Upvote 0

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
    May 31, 2003
    not a spoiled bitch from san diego
    Name
    bill
    Boat
    I hate boats
    when I used to travel with cash, I used to get charged extra for "overweight luggage".......................................... no. true story. the captain didn't know thing about it then, too.

Upvote 0

Bud B

Fear the Kraken
    Dec 5, 2004
    Name
    Bud
    Boat
    Spotfin
    Only real difference between long range and any other trips is the amount of time you have to deal with "that guy". Surprised some guys don't go missing on a 16 day. I've had homicidal thoughts on a couple.

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
  • Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    when I used to travel with cash, I used to get charged extra for "overweight luggage".......................................... no. true story. the captain didn't know thing about it then, too.
    change is heavy

Upvote 0

afraser

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Apr 20, 2008
    sf, ca
    Name
    aaron
    Boat
    NA
    I like the photocopy technique. No reason not to take a picture of your bills and email it to yourself before the trip. 5 minutes work and you have easy proof of your bills. I've never had any trouble and I'm not any more careful than the next guy, so this really has to isolated. I say report every incident so manifest records are kept and patterns will easily identify the culprits. Got to be one of the stupidest places to steal from. They have your name address and ID, and you can't go anywhere until the boat returns, so there is almost no chance of keeping your "loot". Better off stealing hubcaps from the police impound lot...

Upvote 0

Yolo

Outcasts
    May 30, 2006
    San Diego
    www.sandiegofishingclub.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Relentless
    I have been on a lot of boats, in close quarters and on Sailboats for overnight races. New people come and go. One time I lost $100 in 20 dollar bills and was convinced someone took it. Could not mention it to anyone as it was accusatory but was bummed and a bit unsettled. Three days later found it in my jacket pocket.

Upvote 0

jughead

Jun 10, 2006
    Alpine
    Name
    John
    Boat
    24 Seaswirl striper
    When I go on a trip I take everything out of my wallet but one credit card, drivers license and some cash. This stays in my front pocket at ALL TIMES throughout the trip. There will ALWAYS be thieves, intermingled with the rich and poor, on row boats cruise liners and EVERYTHING in between!.........Jughead.........

Upvote 0
    Aug 2, 2009
    HB
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Shamrock CC
    In my opinion lockers should be installed on all boats, there are many places they could be incorporate. I wouldn't mind paying a nominal fee.

Imagine going to sleep knowing all your reels and valuables are secure. First boat to incorporate this awesome idea will set them selves apart from the rest of the fleet.

Reactions: fv1500
    Upvote 0

peteking

Everybody take a look at the bad guy-T. Montana
    Apr 21, 2013
    Arcadia/CA/USA
    Name
    Pete King
    Boat
    Ohana
    Why doesn't everyone just go fishing in a straight jacket and handcuffs?

Stop it already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: cabo jon
    Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    In my opinion lockers should be installed on all boats, there are many places they could be incorporate. I wouldn't mind paying a nominal fee.

Imagine going to sleep knowing all your reels and valuables are secure. First boat to incorporate this awesome idea will set them selves apart from the rest of the fleet.
    Yeah just what we need on boats that are already pressed for space,not to mention something else to be charged for.

Upvote 0

radman

Jun 10, 2006
    escondido
    Name
    Darrin
    Boat
    Stringari
    I always bring a locking bag and keep my wallet in that under my dirty underwear:D. The one time I was on a trip and a guy had over $1000 taken he pushed it to the point that the coast guard came to the boat and took a report. They got the guy as he was the only one with that much cash. On a side note when on long range I always get my stuff out of the state room when the Mexican navy boards.
    Ok,what is the idea of bringing a grand on an overnite trip?

Upvote 0

Wildman

Junior-Assistant-Deputy CharterMaster in Training
    Feb 25, 2007
    South Bay, L.A., CA
    Name
    JC
    Boat
    INTREPID
    I can only speak for the Intrepid, they have cameras running 24/7 and they include the passageways, galley, stern, etc. If someone's cash went missing on the Intrepid, it is easy to watch the recording to see who entered the stateroom. Only two belong, all others are suspects..easily solved. I fish with a known group of anglers, for the most part. No reason to steal as they would all give you anything they had if you needed it.

So, for example, if someone, in the middle of the night, went up to the lounge, in their skivvies, and stole the pecans from on top of the cake, then the captain/crew would see it? and everyone would know about it and talk about it...forever?
    :D
    (With that same group, another year, someone unknowingly dropped their wad of cash, by mistake, and it was turned in to the captain, then returned to its rightful owner.):cheers:

Reactions: madmart38
    Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.