horn toad

jig thrower-baja junkie
Jul 28, 2005
encinitas/Bahia de Los Angeles
Name
HORN TOAD
Boat
21 ft cape horn

With downturn in weekend bite from weather and crowd, we decided to head south toward the 425 area with our buddy Jeremiah on board. Reports from Sunday indicated that there were some Dodos near the islands, so we figured we'd roll by the islands at grey light just to check and proceed south. Well...1st paddy about 1.5 miles west of Pukey and it was pretty much full speed (26 over 20 just so you can see how close)....Mexican limits on Dodos by 7am...did a lot of C&R using a net to land fish.....busted out the skin diving gear and took some underwater shots with the camera

....sun came out and found another paddy not far from the 1st and C&R'd some more Dodos and found some yellow that wanted to bite.

Thought there might be some swell and wind according to some of the weather/swell models, but not bad at all. Maybe 2-3ft swell, and 5-10 knot wind all day, and nice and sunny in ther afternoon. Water temp. was around 74-75 just west of the islands, and the water was cobalt blue with excellent visibility around the Nados. Heard of people on the radio with productive paddys out near the 302 and inside and outside of the 425. Pulled some marlin plugs up the backside of the nine for fun, which gave us time for some chow and a coldie or two, but no biters or sightings. Overall one of the best local days we've ever had...

Overall we must have C&R'd 20 Dodos. Bait was great, took 1 scoop of the bigger deans and 1/2 a scoop of the 3inch mini-dean for chum from MissionBay, and maybe 10 pieces rolled all day. Back to the barn at 20 knots, and only put about 40 miles on the engine all day...today was our lucky day I guess, if you put in your time on the water eventually karma deals you a really good hand.

Horn Toad & Shasta on the Cape Horn....Out!

fishin4fun

Im sofa king we taught it
Jul 22, 2005
Webster, Tx
www.myspace.com
Name
Chance
Boat
I could be your ho
Nice going gents, great report and I love the underwater pics. Its amazing to see that the fish really do stack up under the paddies like that. have a good one.

Chance

Stringer

Idiot Savant
Jul 7, 2005
Bakersfield
Name
Stringer
Boat
25 Skipjack FB
WOW, very nice. Dig the underwater stuff too.

Kurt

Mistadobalina
Jul 9, 2003
Clairemont
Visit site
Name
Kurt
Boat
%%%%%
Shows you why you shouldn't park on the paddy as it's like bustin down the door.

Nice pics. Should be a complete cluster again this weekend.

So I'm goin Friday :D

Sofia Rose

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 28, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
Name
Lee Maio
Boat
37' Riviera
Best pictures I've seen in a long time.
Love the one under the paddie with all the fish.

You guys should have just taken that paddie to American waters and load up on the dodo's.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Great job!

bronsonmmike

May 12, 2006
OC
Name
Bronson
Boat
Thunderbird 17ft
WOW great pix..Im jelous i wanna go out...No $$$ :[

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
Fantastic photos.........Thank You!

Smudge

Moderate
Mar 11, 2005
Hollywood, FL
www.sandiego-sportfishing.com
Name
Matt
Boat
I'm just a deckhand...
Amazing pics!!!

Weazel

Captain
Jun 3, 2004
North County
Name
Zach
Boat
skipjack
Nice report and the pics are awesome! Now all you need to do is fire off the bbq. You've got to love great fishing close to home! I'm thinking I need to get an underwater camera after seeing those pics...

drseiler

Super-Model
Mar 19, 2006
Camp North-Star
Name
Hal Danish or Harry Tators
Boat
19' Mako
Great pics and congrats on a killer day...............:appl: :appl: :appl:

Mick

fishdivesurf
Jul 2, 2004
San Diego
Name
Kingfisher
Boat
21 Cuddy, No Ka Oi
Nice pics.. did you spear any?

Mick

http404

Dyslexics Untie!
Nov 3, 2004
That one place
Name
Tim
Boat
ves-sel (noun) Nautical A craft, especially one larger than a rowboat, designed to navigate on water
Thanks for the pics!

Killer composition on this one. Would make a great sunglasses ad.

jscrib

Whale Cock
Apr 29, 2004
Santa Monica
Name
j
Boat
VS
Killer pictures and fishing. :appl: :appl: :appl:

j