Mattlures

Almost A Member
Nov 6, 2009
El Cajon
Name
Matt
Boat
19 1/2 Four winns CC
Wow that judge aint messing around. I like the ten days in jail each year drring the opener. Thats pretty good.

Upvote 0

TROB

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Oct 31, 2005
Idaho
Name
Tommy
Boat
Duck Schmuck - yak
yea, they don't mess around with game laws up here.

most people around here hunt up there in that county.

Upvote 0

calbrewguy

Jul 12, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Randy
Boat
None
www.challismessenger.com/index.php?accnum=story-36-20120209

Hope the link works, but a judge slammed a bunch of poachers for illegal take, non residents using false in state addresses, etc. Big bucks(literal and figurative) fine and one had all Fish and Game privileges in "The Western US" not just ID suspended for 18 years

Anyone really think these mojados will stick around and serve thier time? They have shown absolute disdain for the laws of our land. I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling they entered our country illegally in the first place. Just sayin'.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
I find it ironic how they have no respect for our laws while having no respect for this country in not learning the language we speak.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    I find it ironic how they have no respect for our laws while having no respect for this country in not learning the language we speak.

Yah...I learned Spanish before I fished the Coronados......:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

JRD

Dec 12, 2003
    Garden Grove
    none.com
    Name
    Randy
    Boat
    Hobie Outback
    Yah...I learned Spanish before I fished the Coronados......:rolleyes:

x2. Sometimes the real message gets lost in the noise. Poaching is poaching whether they speak English or Swahili.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC

I think the point of Brandons reply is about respect for the country you live in and the laws that apply, and the fact that these guys have lived for many years in a country who's main language is english, and yet they still don't know it and probably aren't trying to, shows disrespect to the country they so badly want to live in.

My Mom was born and raised in Berlin Germany, and eventually ended up here in the States after marrying my dad. One of the first things she did was practice as hard as she could to learn the language of her new home, and she can't stand when people come here to live or better their lives and at the very least not learn the language or even attempt to after being here for many years on end.

I agree Poaching is poaching, and I also agree with Brandons statement above. If you wish to live here (or anywhere else for that matter) for any length of time, then take it upon yourself to learn the language of your new home...... if you're just visiting, that's entirely different.

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Start your own soapbox thread on that subject then Mike.
    I get tired of every thread involving a latino surname getting turned into an immigration issue.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Start your own soapbox thread on that subject then Mike.
    I get tired of every thread involving a latino surname getting turned into an immigration issue.

It's nothing in the slightest about latino, it just so happens the guys in question here are latino. This applies to any race for that matter. Many of my good friends are latino/Mexican and the vast majority feel the same way about this as we have talked about it.

I thought the very same thing as Brandon when I first read the article about them needing an interpreter, and continually find it lame when anybody who has lived here for many many years does not even slightly try to attempt to learn the language of where they now have chosen to live.

Have you seen a recent DMV handbook. It's written in nearly every known language to man (well almost :D). Guess who/where the costs get passed on to for these interpreters and extra pages of added languages of many different publications.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    It's nothing in the slightest about latino, it just so happens the guys in question here are latino. This applies to any race for that matter. Many of my good friends are latino/Mexican and the vast majority feel the same way about this as we have talked about it.

I thought the very same thing as Brandon when I first read the article about them needing an interpreter, and continually find it lame when anybody who has lived here for many many years does not even slightly try to attempt to learn the language of where they now have chosen to live.

Have you seen a recent DMV handbook. It's written in nearly every known language to man (well almost :D). Guess who/where the costs get passed on to for these interpreters and extra pages of added languages of many different publications.

Geez Mike.....I guess I'll have to re read the article.
    I didn't see the part where they outlined that these guys had "lived here for many many years" and that they didn't "even slightly attempt to learn the language of where they had now chosen to live."
    Interpreters are routinely provided and long have been; including to people who speak German as a first language. I would mention that this is pragmatic as it prevents endless appeals based on "I didn't understand" but that would just open up a whole new tangent for the tinfoil hat crowd.

Yup.....I've reread the article and you're full of shit.....

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    I never stated that these guys have lived here for many many years, although by reading the article it seems very likely they do. I simply implied that anybody who decides to make a place/country their home for any true length of time should at the very least try and learn the language..... maybe they do try, I dunno. I don't think it would be fair to expect anybody to truly learn a language right off the bat, nor learn it if they are only going to reside there short term...... but long term, then a person should take up learning it.

My good bros who are Mexican or of other nationalities hate this kind of stuff with a passion as does my mom. All these guys who were busted are reported to live in the STATES, and digging even further they are reported as having countless violations dating as far back as 2004..... my guess (yeah it's a guess) is these guys have made the US their chosen home.

Bottom line, it's a discussion/chat board (whatever you want to call it), and my opinion or your opinion is just that... opinions..... and ya know what they say, Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one! LOL ;)

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
    Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    illegal alien is now a race? Holy shit.

Upvote 0

Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
    Nov 27, 2003
    Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
    Name
    Scott
    Boat
    19.655' Aluminum

Attachments

• ignant.jpg
      ignant.jpg
      10.7 KB · Views: 124
    Upvote 0

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
    Jun 26, 2004
    With your Mom
    Name
    Jim Perkins
    Boat
    18' Center Console " D-Bar II "
    FIRST OFF!!!!!
    To be a citizen you have to speak Fucking English, that is one of the prerequisites to becoming a citizen!!!!!
    So if they don't speak English why/how are they in this country!!!!

Upvote 0

Warwick

Do You Like To Fonzanoon?
    Jun 10, 2006
    Santee
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    No Mas Boat
    I just gone done eating mexican food for lunch....... It was tasty! Wait..... It was a california burrito.... Does that count?

Upvote 0

strapp

Apr 17, 2006
    carlsbad
    Name
    strapp
    Boat
    none
    Lets see 2004-2012=8 yrs. o hell ya Carls right thats not many yrs at all, and just because one brother doesnt speak english, who's to say the other two can't, my god what are you guys thinking. Way to go Carl...

Upvote 0

Bad To The Bone

Not old...Experienced
    Mar 17, 2004
    Escondido
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat
    Sold it!
    :appl:

How does Idaho revoke hunting/fishing privileges in "other western states"?

Idaho doesn’t revoke them directly but rather through wildlife violation reciprocity compacts that have been agreed to by approximately 35 states. Just as Wyoming or Colorado recognizes a hunter education certificate from California and other states, a conviction of a wildlife violation and any subsequent penalty resulting in revocation of hunting privileges will be enforced in the states that are part of the compact. As far as I know, this has been in effect for about twenty years or so.

Upvote 0

invictus

AVD
    May 26, 2006
    Orange County
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Tiara 2000 Cuddy
    The Western US ban is for serious poachers. Several states signed reciprocating agreement to ban in all signers states for certain violations. Pretty nice a guy just can't hop from state to state after being convicted and verified as a serial violator.

Upvote 0

Yank n Crank

Captain
    Oct 30, 2007
    Yorba Linda
    Name
    Scott
    Boat
    27', Seaway, Yank n Crank
    Wow! Just think what would have happened to them if they had committed the same offense in California. They may have been granted their own special subsistence hunting season or something.

Upvote 0