There back.... and this one is a safe one now.....

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
Heard my dog going crazy in his pen... he had it cornered and smart enough to keep his distance... Got my grabber and a shovel... and took care of business....

IMG_3275.JPG

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Now Bud B is gonna have more rats and Debi is going to get locusts,,,,,

Upvote 0

Team Ball's Out

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jun 18, 2005
    Vista
    Name
    Ray Collier
    Boat
    23' Sea Swirl Striper
    Why not relocate it? They are only programed to do a few things in life... Eat, breed. and do snake stuff.

Upvote 0

kindafishy

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jul 21, 2010
    hemet/ca/riverside
    Name
    SCOTT
    Boat
    bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
    Why not relocate it? They are only programed to do a few things in life... Eat, breed. and do snake stuff.

I THINK ITS THE "SNAKE STUFF" THAT CONCERNS MOST.....SNAKE STUFF BEING BITE THE SHIT OF ANYTHING THAT MESSES WITH THEM.

Reactions: gecsr1
    Upvote 0

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
    Sep 16, 2008
    Yucca Valley, CA USA
    Name
    Scott
    Boat
    Twin Vee "MamaMia"
    LOL, one of our Yorkers cornered a pissed off gopher snake yesterday morning, never seen a chubby little dog jump so far/fast backwards when the snake took a swing. We had one of our dogs get bit by a red diamond some years ago, very ugly long recovery.

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
    Poway Ca
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    No Boat Now
    because it was in my dogs pen, and when they start searching for food around my house, under my back steps in harms way.. they will continue to hunt and search in that area...
    he was relocated , some other varmit will enjoy a fresh meal...

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
    Poway Ca
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    No Boat Now
    LOL, one of our Yorkers cornered a pissed off gopher snake yesterday morning, never seen a chubby little dog jump so far/fast backwards when the snake took a swing. We had one of our dogs get bit by a red diamond some years ago, very ugly long recovery.
    Yeah I've head the gopher snakes come up my steps, I have my McCaw's outside cage on my 2nd story proch, the cage door is always open ( if I'm home) twice now I've encountered large gopher snake going after my McCaw.. Just lucky on booth ocaasions.
    The snake was brought downstairs and released in another part of the yard..

NP Snake.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
    Sep 16, 2008
    Yucca Valley, CA USA
    Name
    Scott
    Boat
    Twin Vee "MamaMia"
    This one got to live.

Attachments

• trim.700152DE-10E3-4C10-8760-659640CCBD19.MOV
      13.8 MB · Views: 39
    Upvote 0

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
    Poway Ca
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    No Boat Now
    This one got to live.
    not dangerous not poisonous ... simple..... wasn't coiled to strike ... I don't ever dispose of non poisonous snakes,
    my home, my property, my rules, and if you don't have to like, but I must make the decision for the best interest of my family and pets.....
    if you lived where I live you may see things in a different light...I don't enjoy the disposal of any animal or varmit or rodent... but just have to do what's best for the situation at hand...

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
    Sep 16, 2008
    Yucca Valley, CA USA
    Name
    Scott
    Boat
    Twin Vee "MamaMia"
    I have no problem with you or anyone else killing a snake, just don't hate on me if I let one live ;). I thought the video was cool and first video I've ever posted. My snake was at least 1/4 mile from nearest home.
    I don't flail dogs against fences either LOL. I liked your post and glad your dog did well.

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
    Poway Ca
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    No Boat Now
    I have no problem with you or anyone else killing a snake, just don't hate on me if I let one live ;). I thought the video was cool and first video I've ever posted. My snake was at least 1/4 mile from nearest home.
    I don't flail dogs against fences either LOL. I liked your post and glad your dog did well.
    Thank You.... I respect what others do, if you want to let them live than so be it... I see many Rattlers on my property but I only take action when I see them as a threat ... I let most live as well, they have a purpose ..... have a great day

Upvote 0

widgeon

Ex-Hunter and gatherer
    Jan 12, 2010
    Kurt's neighborhood
    Name
    Tony
    Boat
    Tarpon 140
    Looks to me like that snake was stricken with a rare case of extreme Neck failure, leading to Decapitosis.
    Hope you buried it.
    Worms gotta eat too.
    :D

Upvote 0