Croaker.Stroker

Old White Guy
Nov 28, 2015
Tustin
Name
Croaker
Boat
Arima Sea Pacer
An old cell iPhone with Find My Friend app.

Reactions: Yellowtail Dan

MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
Name
Rick
Boat
Yes
Amazon product
this one and many more on Amazon

You have to pay for cell access with that device. From the second bullet point of the product description: "SIM card -- Just like a cell phone, our real-time GPS tracker needs a SIM card to give you unlimited data coverage. If used in the US we recommend SpeedTalk or T-mobile SIM cards which support 2G/3G/4G. The SIM card needs a subscription plan for data that no less than 30M monthly. The SIM card not included. Cancel anytime, no contracts or activation fees."

ClassicCycle

Aug 29, 2014
Name
Thomas
Boat
Lund
I have the TKMARKS GPS TRACKER under my outboard cover, it works perfectly with a sim card and app (second sim card for free from my provider, no costs). I guess, you can use any prepaid card. The battery of the tracker holds up easily four weeks. I have hidden the tracker behind engine electric lines, connnected to a 5000mah power bank. Lasts almost three months and you can watch battery life throught the app. To save battery life, you can switch to 1h response. You can adjust alarm zones (GEOfence), if your engine moves outside the zone you get a message and you can follow up with google earth. As soon the outboard is leaving the zone, you get a message and you can switch to real time tracking through the app. Works great with accurate GPS position. BTW, i have three hidden (130db) vibration alarms in my engine, too. Hidden wild animal infrared cameras with photo sms to your cell phone work great, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim1962

ClassicCycle

Aug 29, 2014
Name
Thomas
Boat
Lund
@

tunakillerjoe1

Do a search on Amazon, ebay or Aliexpress for "vibration alarm",....they are less than $20.00 and are really loud. Often used for bicycles and motorcycles. They have adujstable release sensitivity with remote control and are very loud, but no more else function. Battery life lasts for months. Maybe, sometimes it helps in combination with a sticker "GPS ALARM" on your boat/engine to get the bad guys leaving. after alarm sound is starting. Just an alarm sirene is better than no alarm sound.

Last edited:

alex88

May 15, 2006
Oakland
Name
Alex
Boat
2003 Robalo R235
I have the Spot Trace and have been very happy with it. The yearly fee isn’t bad at all.

there is an accessory cord and I purchased it as well and is wired directly to my house battery so the AAA’s are never drained.

the app and website are easy to use and work well. My wife logs on and can watch our trip progress as well so if we are late running in she doesn’t worry as she can see us heading for the barn.

HavasuSun

Jul 15, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Name
Scott
Boat
Proline 32 "Knot Reely”
I have the Spot Trace and have been very happy with it. The yearly fee isn’t bad at all.

there is an accessory cord and I purchased it as well and is wired directly to my house battery so the AAA’s are never drained.

the app and website are easy to use and work well. My wife logs on and can watch our trip progress as well so if we are late running in she doesn’t worry as she can see us heading for the barn.
Same experience for me as well. I have it on my boat. You get a notice anytime it moves and the wife and family can keep track of me when I am out for multiple days on long trips