The Wall Today (1/24/10)

RedBoatBob

May 20, 2003
San Pedro
Name
Bob
Boat
Kingfisher 2625 Coastal Express
With no chance to get down to SD to pre-fish for next weekends San Diego Anglers Bay Tournament I figured we should at least hit the wall for some bassin' as the weather seemed to be decent. We did a gentlemans start at 9am and just sort lazy assed around for a few hours.

It was more of a shakedown than a full bore fishing excursion as I wanted to try out my new remote controlled Minnkota trolling motor, Lowrance HDS-5X FF and the new (to me) Kodiak PF-22 bait tank. After I determined that everything was working well above my expectations it was off to the wall for some fishing.

We (myself and my 16 year old Son Tracy) went around the outside of the middle wall and started fishing at the bend working towards the LB light. It was game on right away for all the 12-15 inch Calicos you wanted (all released) and we probably caught 25 or so in 1 1/2 hours we fished. Tracy topped it off with a nice big sandy about 7-8 lbs that gave him the business on 12lb but eventually came to the boat.

We fished 1/2oz weedguard football heads and several styles of plastic but the bass seemed to really want to eat the smaller baits like 5" grubs and 4" swimbaits all smeared in my buddy Tommy's Unibutter. I had never used Unibutter until this morning but it was definitely a game changer as they would not touch em' without it. Wish I had more to report but it was a kinda short trip.......

Bob Anderson

Blackfish

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 20, 2005
Monroeville
Name
Boat
toy
Thats a good day of fishing considering how dirty the water is right now...actually, thats a good day fishing period..and thats a pig of a sandy. congrats on a nice day on the water with your son.

RedBoatBob

May 20, 2003
San Pedro
Name
Bob
Boat
Thanks Mike! That (the water condition) is something I forgot to mention earlier. It was TORE UP! Wide open white seabags everywhere you looked as far as you could see. There was however a real nice surge and I think that is why all the little peckerhead bass were so willing to bite. I lost my 20ft CC to the economy last year and finally finished putting together this little 16ft aluminum skiff thing, just for knocking around the harbor for flatties, the wall for some bass and today was our maiden voyage. It aint much but it'll do for the time being. I sure did miss fishing and today was good fun with the boy. Next week I am going down to San Diego to win their tournament (haha) Til' next time.....Bob

rustman

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 4, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Name
Rusty
Boat
1986 Cabo 216 Cuddy-Con
Is this the Bob Anderson, whom used to fish flatties with me?

Rusty

RedBoatBob

May 20, 2003
San Pedro
Name
Bob
Boat
What's up Rusty? Yeah it's me. How are you doing? Now you have a Davis Cortez? Saweet!! Check your PM....

DONNIE SD

Class on Wednesday
Jan 19, 2009
Santee,CA
Name
Allen
Uni-butter can be the trick sometimes, but i sure take a beating when i bring it up!

RedBoatBob

May 20, 2003
San Pedro
Name
Bob
Boat
Uni-butter can be the trick sometimes, but i sure take a beating when i bring it up!
Uh oh! I'll put my helmet on then (haha) as I did not know there was an issue regarding the use of said bait scent. Live and learn I suppose..

RedBoatBob

May 20, 2003
San Pedro
Name
Bob
Boat
I'm confused great guy that contributes to help others and it's a great product.
I love Tommy Gomes! I have known him for a very long time and he always kinda smelled like Unibutter to me (haha) I saw him a few weeks ago at Catalina Offshore for some seafood and he hooked me up with some Unibutter, Unigoop and my own Unigoop ProStaff t-shirts which I will be sporting next week in SD for the tourney. Hopefully we will make a decent showing in the raffle afterwards as well. You just never know...

Tunaslam

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
That's a whale of a good day considering how washed out the water was due to the storms. Fine job guys! Too bad no pic of the big Sandy?

RedBoatBob

May 20, 2003
San Pedro
Name
Bob
Boat
That's a whale of a good day considering how washed out the water was due to the storms. Fine job guys! Too bad no pic of the big Sandy?
Hey Cory! I had a senior moment when after I put brand new batteries in the new digital camera , I sat it down between the seats of my Jeep and just plain old forgot about it. Sucks getting old sometimes, for me anyway (haha)