PENN

bitesomthing

Jul 13, 2003
Southern ca
Name
chris
Boat
always upgrading
For best quality, Sheephead really need to be bled and gutted as soon as brought on board. Then iced down.

Otherwise they release internal enzymes that turns the meat to mush.

Properly preserved and cooked they taste like lobster, due to their diet of mostly crustaceans.

I just let mine live in bait tank until the moment they need to be cleaned....

Upvote 0

skillett

Almost A Member
Jun 11, 2009
Oxnard, Ca. U.S.A.
Name
Doug
Boat
25' Skipjack Sportsman
i would have kept it ALSO but, iM not new to fishIng but rock cod never excited me until a year or so ago. My FISH Id CAN BE SKETCHY AT TIMES...So i wasn't sure if it was a small ling or Cabbie. If i dont know exactly what im dealing with i never touch them or keep them... plus i had enough fish for a while..
Stick your finger in its mouth...if it feels like rubber, it's a cab...if your finger comes out shredded, its a short ling. You'll only need to do this once. Great day fishin...!

Upvote 0

bitesomthing

Jul 13, 2003
Southern ca
Name
chris
Boat
always upgrading
Stick your finger in its mouth...if it feels like rubber, it's a cab...if your finger comes out shredded, its a short ling. You'll only need to do this once. Great day fishin...!

Ill let you know how that goes...lol............... So i take it this was a Ling???
punishment-for-reading-bible.jpg

Upvote 0

bitesomthing

Jul 13, 2003
Southern ca
Name
chris
Boat
always upgrading
Crazy pick.

That is gnarly!!!! How does that happen?

That Pic was actually a pic i got off the Net. It was supposedly a guy who was reading reading the Bible in Saudi Arabia.... ( you know the civilized poeple).i dont know if it s true but man that must hurt.... Here was the article:

"This is a new form of punishment in one of the Saudi nations. According to reports sent to us from Arabia, this is a new punishment used on at least one person found to possess a bible [the image is an example of the damage].

The Iranian government announced new legal punishment tools under Sharia: an electronic saw is being used to cut off hands, fingers and feet. And now shredders are implemented in some places for punishments.

Saudi Arabia has been short of head-choppers for their 2,500+ executions per year (PER executioner) and have been advertising to fill these dirty positions for quite sometime. An executioner is a job done by ‘lower status’ individual and is a position that is paid per execution by the government under confidentiality agreements. The government also provides the sword.

The Saudi government has been considering firing squads to fill the shortage of executioners. Executioners have said they are “proud to do God’s work”. But is it a god or a man who sentence these people, without a fair trial, tortured into confessions?"

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
Great pictures and report Chris, quality Sheepshead.

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
That is a new form of punishment found to possess a bible [the image is an example of the damage].
gover"

I'm pretty sure that is "fake news"
And just BS internet crap. My bet, some kind of farming mechanized machinery accident.

Upvote 0

bitesomthing

Jul 13, 2003
Southern ca
Name
chris
Boat
always upgrading
I'm pretty sure that is "fake news"
And just BS internet crap. My bet, some kind of farming mechanized machinery accident.

Never Checked , i just wanted to use the photo................

Upvote 0