The San Quintin Perch Derby!!!! K&M

Discussion in 'Surf Fishing Reports' started by captainkelly, Jun 22, 2012.

1. captainkelly

captainkelly kmfishing.com

Name:
    kelly catian
    Boat:
    2520 Parker pilothouse, 2310 Parker cuddy, 2120 Parker pilothouse, 26' Superpanga
    The San Quintin Perch Derby, Hosted by locals Carl & Susan from campo de lorenzo was awsome! I took my wife Berta and my son (capt. George) went with a buddy. There was quite a turnout with 18-20 anglers already entered and fishing when we got there at 9:00am. It was 50 pesos to enter and you could fish anywhere between Cielito Lindo and El Soccorro,
    The fishing was exellent! My wife was getting one after the other while i dug fresh sand crabs. Theres a few people who have this area wired, Dave Holiday who got 1st place fishes it alot.....(so i parked next to him)
    and he was killing it, big fish and one after another. Carl and Sue were busy helping everyone setting up perch rigs and showing us how to look and dig for sandcrabs. By 1:00pm we had a 5 gallon bucket 3/4 full of
    big barred surf perch so we headed down the beach for the weigh-in and FOOD! Arriving at Carls camper parked at Cielito Lindo there was a big table with lots of killer food and lots of raffle prize bags and lots of Perch.
    1st place went to Dave Holiday of San Quintin, 2nd Place (750pesos) to my son Capt George Catian of K&M Sportfishing , 3rd place (a custom rod from Carl) to my wife Berta and 4th place (300pesos) was Me!
    This was a really fun day,hangin out at the beach,everyone catchin some fish. It was great seeing all the people i hadnt seen in a long time,freinds of my parents. Special Thanks to Carl and Susan for all your work.....everyone had a great time! Congrats Dave!

www.kmfishing.com [email protected]

2. fishheads

fishheads Newbie

Name:
    fish freek
    Boat:
    uss Ronald Regan
    yess sir.!!

3. jscrib

jscrib Whale Cock

Name:
    j
    Boat:
    VS
    Very cool Kelly!

Some quality perch down there this time of year.

j