The San Diego - 92 Yellows for 24 Anglers 5/13/2015 - Where were you ?

Otto

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro
Might get out in the morning and would sure like to know where todays action happened. Maybe the action happened near the rock pile. Would like to hear from one of these 24 anglers on the San Diego today and anyone else that was catching yellows.

Upvote 0

Pescador Paul

Jun 11, 2004
Carlsbad, CA
Name
Paul
Boat
Sold the Pursuit- Only a kayak and Wave Runner now
I fished the islands on Monday and it was totally dead there. None of the sport boats out of San Diego were fishing the area.

Paul

Upvote 0

hmk4272

Almost A Member
Aug 10, 2009
fullerton
Name
ken
Boat
in the future
I was told by the capt of the malihini they caught almost all of there fish at north island today. They had 102 yellowtail
I thougt it was Tijuana flat near rock pile. I fished mission belle and fished the same area. We had 92yt Average 17-18 lb but no smaller model. Fishing was too good to be true. There were fish everywhere.

Upvote 0

FknChristopH

Apr 16, 2008
La Mirada/PV
Name
Christoph
Boat
FAT Cat / RIP Icon
They were biting.. I went 5 for 10, pulled hooks were my thing yesterday. I pulled a little too hard. Came back with straightened hooks and all lol

Say I suck, I could care less. Beer was cold, fishing was good and it was always a good time on the SD with the boys.

Side note: hook and handed 2, and they both came unbuttoned. Im not sure how.

JRI surface jig did work. I had a blank and I painted it myself mint/white. First time fishing it and will not be my last. First cast on the jig and I got bit.

I landed fish from 12-30 pounds yesterday.

Report to follow later. Stand by to stand by.

*shakka*

Upvote 0

hawkplayer32

GOOD DEAL
Aug 6, 2012
Valencia, CA
Name
Anthony Hicks
Boat
Good Deal
They were biting.. I went 5 for 10, pulled hooks were my thing yesterday. I pulled a little too hard. Came back with straightened hooks and all lol

Say I suck, I could care less. Beer was cold, fishing was good and it was always a good time on the SD with the boys.

Side note: hook and handed 2, and they both came unbuttoned. Im not sure how.

JRI surface jig did work. I had a blank and I painted it myself mint/white. First time fishing it and will not be my last. First cast on the jig and I got bit.

I landed fish from 12-30 pounds yesterday.

Report to follow later. Stand by to stand by.

*shakka*

What kind of hooks were you using?

Upvote 0

hawkplayer32

GOOD DEAL
Aug 6, 2012
Valencia, CA
Name
Anthony Hicks
Boat
Good Deal
Might get out in the morning and would sure like to know where todays action happened. Maybe the action happened near the rock pile. Would like to hear from one of these 24 anglers on the San Diego today and anyone else that was catching yellows.
These fish are constantly moving. The schools pop up all over. Just have to find the right one.

Reactions: Fishdood
Upvote 0

2thumbsdown

salas 7x
Apr 3, 2015
Name
matt
Boat
none
They are not fishing the islands.. And they are mostly 6-10lb nothing special They are fishing the beaches as far as punta descanso.

Upvote 0

Still

Apr 26, 2014
Murrieta Ca.
Name
James Michael
Boat
none
I was on this trip great time light load i think 24 to 29 people lots of room for tossing the jig. they were on the chew while around the boat bait and jigs didn't matter what you wanted to fish they were eating. Running and gunning chasing them when the pop up. Got 4 on jig and 2 on bait. And a bigger grade of fish most 12- 28 lbs, Was a good day to be on the water and the fish being on the chew made it even better.

Reactions: Fishdood
Upvote 0

Tandem Assassin

Night Stalker
Jun 28, 2005
Earth
Name
Tonto Hanglow
Boat
"Two Can Chew"
Go to you tube and type in Point Loma Yellowtail - they post all the time with and HD cam of the days fishing at the island.

Upvote 0

JOSEPH THOMAS

Ready to go
Jul 22, 2014
Name
Tuna Boat66
Boat
No
Fished the San Diego the day before the 92 and we had a hard time finding the fish. One hour past the islands, run and gun. 14 for the day. Captain Ryan and crew we're trying hard to make it happen, but the wind, increased swells and green water were working against us.

Upvote 0

Fumbducker

Feb 26, 2014
Name
Nick
Boat
Gregor
Fished the SD yesterday and it was a tuff day. Taro was running it and man did he run all over the islands down to the pile and back he fished hard but as soon as we stopped on them on they would run back Down.
Boat was slapped full of rental rods maybe 30 or more out of 46 so the guys were busy with tangles and setting people up.
I had the GF out this trip with me so had to stay with her and help her out. The dogs were relentless on us every stop and fast. I hooked one on flyline and handed to her she tried like hell to pull it and it was close to gaff but the dogs were on it too and that was all she couldn't pull any more so I took over and the line snapped I would say bout 10 or more nice YT lost to the dogs.
The bite was slow most of the day a majority were at the tide change at the point towards the end of the day and all of them 20ish lb class.
All Said it was a great time on the water and the crew from the SD are always on point working hard

Upvote 0