The Real Sea Adventure 80 BFT 7-19-13

vikebrian84

Jan 14, 2013
Los Angeles
Name
Brian
Boat
nope
Left the docks at 8:30 PM on 7-19-13 and picked up some fair bait. The captain and crew did a long range style seminar which certainly helped as we only lost a couple fish all day to tangles and the tuna shuffle went better than expected with a full boat.

Woke up to a couple small yellowtail getting taken from a nice looking paddy offshore. We were on the way to BFT grounds and just had to make the stop but no one really home.

Once we got to the BFT grounds we found a school and a small bite went on. I picked up my first and second BFT from that bite, keys were fluorocarbon, a hot bait that could get far from the boat, and a long soak. Dont waste your time on a bad bait and make sure not to over handle it.

Here's my first tuna of the day.
20130720_114405.jpg

From there we went searching for a random bite here and there but couldn't get a school to stay with us. The captain sure did search long and hard, didn't mind burning tons of fuel to find the fish,

Finally a hour or so before sun down he found a school that stayed with the boat until dark, This is where we picked up the majority of our fish, a lot of which were 35-40 pounds. The kite here worked very well, 6 of our 46 BFT were kite fish. Once again a long soak on a good bait worked for me. Also make sure you retrieve slow, got two bites that way.

Here is a average sized tuna from that last bite
20130720_192819.jpg

Overall I went 4-5 on BFT, lost one to a bad knot after not retying during a good bite. Nothing hurts more than puling up a curly line and knowing you lost one due to your own dumb mistake.:shithappens:

The boat picked up 46 tuna, 6 from the kite, around the same on the troll, one on a megabait and the rest baitfish. 3 yellowtail and a lone dodo. The boat was very clean, food great.

What I was impressed most with was the captains enthusiasm for fishing, he just loves to kill fish and you can really tell. Hes the most customer service oriented captain ive ever met as well. His crew was hard working and knowledgeable, and the Sea Adventure 80 is now my new favorite fishing boat. Heres a couple more pictures.

20130720_221033.jpg
20130720_220631.jpg

Summer and tuna are here! Get out there and support the San Diego fleet, Tight lines! :2gunsfiring_v1:

-Driftwood-

Nov 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Eric
Boat
American Angler, Eclipse
Scott is definitely one of my favorite Captains. Good times on every trip i've taken on the Sea Adventure 80. Congratulations. Tic Toc.......come on July 26th!!!!

geotech&cmt

Feb 23, 2012
az
Name
EC
Boat
na
Brain it was great sharing the rail with you and rest of the people on the boat! It was a great trip and Captian Scott and his crew have to be one of the best crews I've ever fished with!
P7200022.jpg

FatBoy4130

Jun 7, 2012
RSM O.C
Name
B Wolfe
Boat
FATBOY
Glad to here great things about the Boat..Never been on her before and Just booked a trip for Tuesday...!!!

geotech&cmt

Feb 23, 2012
az
Name
EC
Boat
na
Glad to here great things about the Boat..Never been on her before and Just booked a trip for Tuesday...!!!
You will not be disappointed! Captian and crew are top notch. Hopefully the will break out the kite! That was exciting to say the least watching the tuna exploding on the bait!

jayyyy

Oct 7, 2008
NorCal
Name
jay
Boat
'04 Sea Pro 220 WA / 225 Honda
Good to hear Scott has maintained his enthusiasm after all these years. He was my go to skipper to fish Cortez Bank back in the day when he ran the Grande out of San Pedro.

HanDoi

Oct 5, 2011
Hi Desert
Name
Andy
Boat
What the ?
Is any one know Jimmy still working with SA80 ( crew ) Thanks....

HanDoi

Oct 5, 2011
Hi Desert
Name
Andy
Boat
What the ?
Thank you very much sir ! sorry for late reply, too busy....