The Pegasus returned this AM with 7 bluefin 1 at (((340lbs)))6 at 120-140 lbs.on their 1.5 day trip.

Rimack

Old School
Jun 24, 2011
Elk Grove
Name
gary
Boat
Nope
Anybody here ?

Reactions: woodfish330

tunakillerjoe1

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 24, 2017
San Diego, Calif
Name
Joseph Gratteau
Boat
Valco Westcoaster
I wonder what they would charge for processing that size fish! How many Lbs. would one expect back? (what is the % of yield?) 70%, 50%?

yakmandan

May 30, 2007
AZ.
Name
DAN
Boat
19ft Bayrunner Baja
Saw it on Fisherman's landing website. That's one huge fish for sure.

hotrail20

COW HUNTERS
May 28, 2006
Chino,Ca
Name
Leonard
Boat
Yours
95% of all Big BF are on Kite with frozen fliers Private boat and Sport boats a few on Sinker rigs

Rimack

Old School
Jun 24, 2011
Elk Grove
Name
gary
Boat
Nope
BIGGEN.
# 340

340bluefin.jpg

Rimack

Old School
Jun 24, 2011
Elk Grove
Name
gary
Boat
Nope
Full moon to boot.

Rimack

Old School
Jun 24, 2011
Elk Grove
Name
gary
Boat
Nope

vipertom1970

Oct 26, 2015
Inland Empire
Name
tom
Boat
2018 Parker 2320 SL
Did they fish US or Mexican waters ?

Rimack

Old School
Jun 24, 2011
Elk Grove
Name
gary
Boat
Nope
At fishermen’s
Hold the phone !!!!! I thought you were asking if the picture was taken at Fishermans Landing...I don't know where it's being processed at. sorry for the confusion.

Reactions: jer dog

Rabid Fish

Jun 27, 2004
Southern California
Name
Alex
Boat
26'
I have used them 4 times and was real happy, with the service, and finished product.
Have you tried any other processor?

Their finished product is fine... all 23% of it.

My yields using fishermen's:

1 long range trip, can't calculate or even estimate yield, smoked fish not edible on its own, tuna jerky not edible period. Couldn't give that stuff away.

1 limit of local YFT (10 fish all 15-20lbs) got back 43lbs fillets... asked for sushi cut maybe that was the problem?

1 88lb bluefin (I shot in early 2016, so at the time a definite "catch of a lifetime") got 23lbs of meat off it, paid extra for the collars which they threw away (but the fast-talking carney looking huckster guy) told me I could come tomorrow and they'd give me "someone else's" collars when they get a similar sized fish... uh...ok.... I lived out of town so I got my money back. Almost forgot we gave them a 22lb yt the same day, got 4.3 pounds off that one.

Where does it all go?

Maybe things have changed since 2016 maybe not but I sure wouldn't pay to find out.

I'll tell you what hasn't changed and it's Sportsmen's (Mario's.) Worst I can say about them is they're no good about answering their phone. Otherwise, they've gone above and beyond for me in my 3 experiences there since ditching Fis***man's. To name a few: double checking each sealed back before putting in my cooler (with free shaved ice, as much as you need) and re-sealing any that looked like questionable seals, saving collars off a cow BFT when I stupidly forgot to ask for them because "we thought you might want them," and most recently, two guys waiting an extra hour past when they were supposed to leave work so we could drop off a large one. It was processed and ready in less than an hour. All for cheaper than Fishermen's. And every time I get my fish back from them I think "damn that's a lot of meat" instead of "where's the rest of it?"