reellady

I'd rather be catching TUNA
Aug 26, 2011
fresno, ca usa
Name
donna
Boat
reel lady
Tony at Owner said, "this is a first" and "weird". He said he was sending me hooks in Monday's mail. The word "sorry" never was mentioned.

RichG

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 20, 2007
California
Name
Richard G/
Boat
none
Tony at Owner said, "this is a first" and "weird". He said he was sending me hooks in Monday's mail. The word "sorry" never was mentioned.
Not many people say I'm sorry anymore. It's really too bad that good manners are disappearing. My next adventure is to check all my rings. Thanks Jamie for the above info.

Rodless_Jim

Apr 3, 2008
Mexico, DF, Mexico
Name
Jim
Boat
Strictly a Rider
I have had attorneys tell me for literally decades that under a great many circumstances the words "I'm sorry" convey not only a sentiment of empathy, but also an admission of personal or corporate responsibility. It is one of the most asinine interpretations of which I have ever heard, but I know a lot of people who have been taught forcefully never to use those words. Interestingly enough, I have never heard of a case where a plaintiff's counsel ever argued that the defendant's expression "I'm sorry!" actually constituted an admission of culpability...

In any case, for reasons of (perceived) liability, you will very rarely hear a representative of a business say those words. It's kind of a shame.

Reactions: DMcD and Bill W

dh515

Sep 18, 2004
So Cal
Name
David
Boat
Intrepid, Red Rooster III, Spirit of Adventure
Donna, sucks to lose a big fish that way. For this reason, many of us ring our own hooks. I don't know how the strength of a silver soldered stainless ring compares to welded but at least you have the choice of what level of quality is acceptable. For me, that's perfect. If a ring doesn't turn out exactly right, it gets cut off and re-done. I too have lost some big fish, but not that way yet. The equipment and materials to do your own isn't that much compared to other things in this sport. A torch, silver solder, rings, flux, a couple pairs of pliers and something to hold the ring and you are good. (Probably less than $150. If interested in doing that, PM me and I'll send you some links for the stuff needed). If I didn't do my own, I'd probably use Guy at ringedhooks.com as the likelihood of getting a quality product is higher than mass produced. JMO...:)

Reactions: Bill W

SteveD

Gambler
Nov 28, 2005
Santa Monica
Name
Steve
Boat
never again
Used Super Mutus and Eagle Claw 2004's both from Owner and Guy with no issues on well over 30 cows and a hundred 100 lb+ fish with no issues. Plus a couple over a grand in PEI and Nova Scotia

reellady

I'd rather be catching TUNA
Aug 26, 2011
fresno, ca usa
Name
donna
Boat
reel lady
I just received 3 packages of 5/0 ringed super mutu hooks from Owner. I will be checking all the ring welds. Thanks Owner, would had preferred the cow though.