RichG

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 20, 2007
California
Name
Richard G/
Boat
none
I was looking at the prices of hotel room, near the San Diego landings, before my trip in late June. Prices have really gone up. I was thinking of arriving VERY early in the morning of my trip, driving from Utah, and sleeping in my P/U truck for a few hours. in the Landings parking lot. My problem might be of having to pee. Is there an open bathroom all night at the landings?
They usually unlocked. At least the last time I did that. People start gathering early AM so there’s always some activity in the parking lot.

Upvote 0

malanx

Royal Star 200# Club
Sep 28, 2011
Mountain View
Name
Jonny
Boat
SD landings
@fyermn Assuming there is a 24 hour taco shop (Tony's Fresh Mexican Food) near the landing, and we'll see if the Dennys near there goes back to 24 hours a day. You could stop in for a midnight snack and use their facilities before getting a few more hours of shuteye.

I'm pretty sure the landing bathroom is closed overnight.

Upvote 0

Fincutter

Oct 3, 2016
Bartlett, IL
Name
Greg
Boat
Looking for a new one
Giving up a habit of many years is tough. My love for the Dolphin was largely irrational, but over the years it became something I associated with the entire experience. Especially walking the docks late at night when I was too keyed up to sleep and hanging out with other fishermen on the patio.

Upvote 0

Tom Honaker

I Should Upgrade My Account
Sep 27, 2015
Hotchkiss Colorado
Name
Tom Honaker
Boat
Royal Star
Wow. All these price increases are directly due to the Dolphin closing down.

Such a shame.
Just booked 2 nights, November 1st and 2nd for my 10 day leaving the 3rd. $89 a night at the Ramada with a ground floor room , easy loading of gear in my truck! Warning to any anglers! Don't ever book a room at the Aqua mar! It's on Rosecrans 1 block from the landing! Did that last year, nothing but tweakers that rent rooms by the month!!! Don't do it! It was impossible to sleep, because they never sleep! People meandering around partying like 1999! I couldn't believe it! Never again!

Reactions: tom fowlks
Upvote 0

tom fowlks

tommy tuna
Apr 11, 2018
Los Angeles
tomfowlks.com
Name
tom fowlks
Boat
Shogun
Just booked 2 nights, November 1st and 2nd for my 10 day leaving the 3rd. $89 a night at the Ramada with a ground floor room , easy loading of gear in my truck! Warning to any anglers! Don't ever book a room at the Aqua mar! It's on Rosecrans 1 block from the landing! Did that last year, nothing but tweakers that rent rooms by the month!!! Don't do it! It was impossible to sleep, because they never sleep! People meandering around partying like 1999! I couldn't believe it! Never again!

I can back this up as I made the mistake last Thursday before my 3 day on the Shogun.
some "colorful" characters to be sure, plus a "house guest" in the room. not a big roach, but . . . an active one.
it's funny, cuz the place looks alright.
probably try the Ramada the next time I need to have a room the night before

Upvote 0

4bruce

Dec 13, 2011
la
Name
Lee
Boat
goldfish
your head line is wrong. you should said looking for a nice hotel near the landing. any way, the night before fishing. you have go to a chinese massage parlor. Why because after a long driving trip you are tired. make sure you get a pretty one and tell her exactly what you want. I am talking about massage. a lease 2 hours, and dont forget to ask about the happy ending. For me I would tell her give me a good long blow job