The New Avet G2 Series

Jul 28, 2015
Eastvale
Name
Chris
Boat
Susan B
G2 should be called "LAVA" as in volcano lava. In the G logo there are 3 arrows. You can have lava flow as a background behind the letter G. just a suggestion...

Last edited:

viti

Feb 17, 2008
Fresno
Name
Matt
Boat
none
Pele , elemental, ember, vulcan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Crowfish

Chief Floor Sweeper
Jan 13, 2012
Costa Mesa
Name
Dave
Boat
Next Year or the Year After
Sunset Dust
Ballistic Sunrise
Metallic Glow
Killer Rose

AVET - Thanks for the years of great fishing.
My SX 6/4 rocks!

Baller

Jig Chucker
Nov 16, 2010
La Mesa
Name
Bill
Boat
American Angler
Morning Sky

Baby_saver

Dgaf
Aug 15, 2016
Socal
Name
Kyle
Boat
Ss minnow
Infrared g2

Infrared (IR) is an invisible radiant energy, electromagnetic radiation with longer wavelengths than those of visible light

watersdeep

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
RED REEF
REEF BLOOD
BLOOD REEF
BLOOD BANK
SUP BLOOD

Last edited:

finadict

Mar 20, 2005
Simi Valley CA
www.avetreels.com
Name
Scott Throop
Boat
A giant paperweight keeping my driveway from blowin away
Is the G2 series going to replace the standard (non-raptors) series, or will it be a third series? Any idea on prices yet?
The G2 is not going to replace our original series. The originals are still needed for the lighter line classes, especially the smaller SX and MX and line classes below 20lb. The G2 is a new series to fill in the line class gap between the originals and the Raptors. For example, The original SX is a 25 lb class reel. Setting the drag appropriately for 30lb maxes the drag out to its absolute limits. The SX Raptor on the other hand, is a 40-50lb class reel. It will handle appropriate drag setting for 30lb, but its at the very bottom end of the drag curve, and the lever gets very sensitive at the bottom end. The SX G2 will be the just right "Goldielox" right in between that puts 30lb drag settings right in the middle with plenty of adjustment margin to go up or down a line class or two. The same applies for the rest of the models up to the LX. The HX originals and HX Raptors already have a decent overlap, so there isnt really a need for a G2 to fill the gap.

The G2 Single speeds also answer the demand for single speed reels with more drag output. We have received many requests over the years for single speed Raptors. Although not quite as powerful the Raptor drags, the 40% increase in drag output over the originals should fit the bill nicely.
The gear ratios for the G2 single speed will be the same as the original single speeds, and G2 2-speeds will be the same as the original (and Raptor) 2-speeds. All G2 models will have the same line capacities as the Raptors.

The pricing once finalized will be somewhere around $35-40 over the original series.

Reactions: skotz